Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nathan Collins

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of football in his family…….

Collins' family includes a number of other footballers, including his grandfather, Michael Collins who captained Transport to the FAI Cup in 1950,[21] his father Dave Collins who played with Liverpool and Oxford United among others. His uncle, Eamonn Collins, played with many sides including Southampton and Portsmouth before going on to manage St Patrick's Athletic and later becoming a football agent, with his clients including Nathan Collins.[4] His older brother Josh Collins is also a footballer who has played for UCD and Waterford in the League of Ireland Premier Division.[22] Nathan's uncle Mick Collins played for St Patrick's Athletic and Dundalk before later becoming a scout for Manchester City for 20 years, his son Mikey Collins (Nathan's cousin) is also an ex-footballer who played for Liverpool in his youth career before playing in Sweden, Italy, Cyprus and Holland, as well as representing Ireland up to U21 level.[23]

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry typoed, not certain i proposed that its robert renan
Renan looks a good propect. Only 18. But we already have Marques, Lowick, Mosquera, Toti. Do we really need another young CB?

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly the king of business we need to be doing great signing

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was playing RB most games for them due to injuries..
He played a few games at right back for Stoke. He played one game at Right Back vs Newcastle at the end of the season for Burnley. All the remaining games were at Centre Back either in a 2 or 3.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not #ITK but I was told a few weeks back by the one person I do know with a bit of pull that Fabio and Podence wanted to leave. Wasn’t sure if the first meant loan or permanent but obvs Podence wouldn’t be loaned out.

So maybe it’s potentially Podence?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go but with Chiquinho out for a year and Adama seemingly not sticking around…

Obviously the issues last season when he refused to play with a dodgy toe doesn’t help. Same person who said the above said he played through injuries that many others wouldn’t when he first arrived. Interesting to hear how that’s changed!
After last season’s performances, I have wondered if many of our players asked to leave but were refused. Big question is…..does Bruno have 100% of their confidence.

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If nothing else, this move shows the recruitment team isn’t entirely beholden to Mendes and can operate outside his influence.

I’ve been critical in the past and spoken about how limited our recruitment policy is (in my opinion), but this for me, is encouraging.

Still a long way to go this summer, but it’s a very good start.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excellent news. The sort of CB we're crying out for.

Another FW and RB would be nice, but the priority now is obviously the midfield, so we can finally change the system and make the most of the creativity and attacking talent we have.

There is almost no way that a front line of Jimenez, Adama, Podence, Neto and a progressive midfielder won't be good.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pack young man!

Like this line near the end of the article 'We’re delighted to get the first one and hopefully there’ll be more coming through.”

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Welcome young fella, hope you have a long, successful career at Wolves.
Just need a decent CM and striker plus a couple of youngsters and well be fine.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Great to see even though the experts told us we have no money for new signings we have signed someone for £20m presumably whilst spending no money.

Another Mendes favour I'm sure.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely excellent signing on a five year deal, with a year's option.

If he has a good season next year we can double our money, just in time for Sanderson to slot in nicely :)

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Welcome to the Pack young man!

Sounds like there is a bit more to it than Jeff just playing FIFA and possibly explains why it takes longer than some to get things done because we do a lot of due diligence.

Good he’s joined before pre- season tour. Hopefully another couple can join them out in Spain. Is suppose one of the benefits of pre-season in Europe as compared to Thailand, China or the US is that it’s easier to get players to join up with the tour and get to know their future team mates.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like a few of the other old *******s on here I like my players to have proper numbers, so welcome Nathan and #5 is all yours, mate.
#4 at a pinch - but none of this 35 *******s, son

R

reanswolf

Don't profess to know anything about him, just that he sounds an excellent prospect. A dominant CB alongside Killman, Boly, or Coady.
You can never have too many CBs.
Well done Wolves!

Onto that critical CM position hopefully, fingers and everything else crossed.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I really like the comments in the article about his leadership, especially as a youngster. It’s a quality you can never have too much of in the team, but especially important as a centre back given the organisation the position requires.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh wow that’s a really, really good signing. Can’t believe we have a new CB…

Back
Top Bottom