Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

My dog...

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

...had to be put to sleep a couple of days ago.
I didn´t know it would hurt so much.
Will get over it of course,but this must be the big disadvantage of having one.
I miss my friend.
Sorry to hear this x

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mines 16.5 she’s basically blind and deaf but still goes for a walk and has her appetite I’ll be gutted when she goes, sorry to hear about yours

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I miss my friend.

Sympathies to you Flea. Never let anyone minimise the loss of a dog. It’s a terribly hard thing to go through.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you x

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss my friend.
Didn't want to 'like' this post. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I was in the same position back in September, our 17 year old Jack Russell had to be put to sleep due to old age catching up with him. I've never ever felt so low and upset about anything, totally numb. To also have to make the 'choice' of saying that was the route to go made it even harder, even though we knew it was the best course of action. I remember having one final moment with him in the vets room, my other half had left for a moment and it was just me and him, it's a few minutes I'll hold on to for the rest of my life.
It does get easier, however the first few weeks/months were dreadful, everything we'd do it was always linked to before the event with him still around!
It's probably put us off getting another dog now, we just couldn't go through that again. Dogs really are a humans best friend and you don't realise what sort of impact they have on your life.
Sending best wishes, just remember all those brilliant memories and moments!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss my friend.
So sorry to read this. It’s tough. They are a member of the family, no way around it and we have deep emotions for them.
After 14 years, 2 years ago had to do what you did with my yellow lab. God he was a great dog.

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Flea.

My collie died last year, while I was over here.

She had been ill for a week. She got out of her basket, sniffed my wife's hand then lay in front of 'my' chair and passed.

We won't forget her, but the new pup is busy taking everyone's mind off it.

Lofty wolf

Reaction score
Ours is 17 in July , deaf and virtually blind and has a oral melanoma.
But she still eats fairly well and still goes for a short walk twice a day.
Still wagging her tail when she gets a fuss so we recon she's still enjoying life.
Dreading the time when she stops and it's time for the call to the vets ☹

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks all.

It´ll get better with time...the good and fun memories are there forever..:)

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss my friend.
Hi flea, my thoughts are with you. Lost my dog last March, best dog I have ever owned, she was like one of the kids.
Have toyed with getting a pup, but can't bring myself to do it. I'm not an overly emotional person but I cried like a baby when I had to take her to the vets. Me and the Mrs were blubbering wrecks for at least 30 mins.
Anyway, cherish the memories, they'll never leave you. People who don't have dogs don't get it, but those of us that do are with you. Take care

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss my friend.

My thoughts are with you mate. They become such a huge part of families.

Its tough. I'm dreading the day we have to say goodbye to my big fella. He is 11 now, which is getting on for a British Bulldog. I think he is deaf, although i'm not convinced he is. He wont come when you call him or when you tell him to get of the lounge, but open a packet of crisps and he comes running!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our dog is struggling with hip problems, has difficulty getting to her feet. I've been told to try cannabis oil in her food, anybody had experience of this?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our dog is struggling with hip problems, has difficulty getting to her feet. I've been told to try cannabis oil in her food, anybody had experience of this?
Well I’ve heard of this but don’t know anything about it. What does your vet say? I mean is your dog in pain or just like the rest of us just a tad slower to get up?
Seriously, get another opinion from a younger vet.....like a doctor, they are more open to new studies and possibilities.
Good luck.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My beloved lurcher died last July aged 12. He was poorly for about a week and it was obvious that it was time. Vet did a home visit, so less stress on the old lad.

Heartbreaking decision, but the humane one.

Still miss him so much. Even cooking sausages is painful as he was a great supervisor of the sausage production.

Not been on holiday since as he was with me 24/7 on hols.

Not ready for a new one yet.

Heart goes out to you flea, it really does

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't want to 'like' this post. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I was in the same position back in September, our 17 year old Jack Russell had to be put to sleep due to old age catching up with him. I've never ever felt so low and upset about anything, totally numb. To also have to make the 'choice' of saying that was the route to go made it even harder, even though we knew it was the best course of action. I remember having one final moment with him in the vets room, my other half had left for a moment and it was just me and him, it's a few minutes I'll hold on to for the rest of my life.
It does get easier, however the first few weeks/months were dreadful, everything we'd do it was always linked to before the event with him still around!
It's probably put us off getting another dog now, we just couldn't go through that again. Dogs really are a humans best friend and you don't realise what sort of impact they have on your life.
Sending best wishes, just remember all those brilliant memories and moments!
Man that made me well up

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our golden retriever died 4 years ago, he was 14. Had him when i would of been about 12. Grew up together, like losing a brother. Never cried my eyes out so much before.
He'd be the first one to greet when i got home and the last before bed time.
Remember going to work the next day, didn't have him to say see you later to, drove 5 mins up the road and just burst into tears.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd thing about mine going was the behaviour of my African Grey parrot

She went really quiet for about a week, then got really angry and aggressive

Then gradually went back to her normal self.

Mourning too I think

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Odd thing about mine going was the behaviour of my African Grey parrot

She went really quiet for about a week, then got really angry and aggressive

Then gradually went back to her normal self.

Mourning too I think
What was her normal self? Effing and blinding all day?o_O

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you lock her cage (they can work out how to get out if you don’t lock) she whistles “The Great Escape”.

No swearing though. Just disapproving Tutting if she doesn’t get her way.

She used to throw food to the dog. Quite a team

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Losing a pet is losing a family member and the pain and grief that comes with it can be overwhelming :(

Its the hardest thing about having a pet but what can you do but make the most of every moment you have together

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
!
Yeah ... it's ****.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you lock her cage (they can work out how to get out if you don’t lock) she whistles “The Great Escape”.
That sir, is brilliant, should post a clip on youtube.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That sir, is brilliant, should post a clip on youtube.

I’d love to. But if you point a camera or phone at her, she becomes “angry bird”

The dog was very photographed (usually kipping and drooling).

MrJamez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, going though the exact same thing at the moment as ours died about two weeks ago.

My old man gave ours a lamb bone which she always had, however, we think this time it splintered and believe she died from internal bleeding. She was only 11, she was unconscious when we found her in the morning.. took her to the emergency vets but died from a cardiac arrest. Absolutely gutted.

NSWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Been through this several times and doesn't get any easier. Hope you get over your loss soon but please don't give up on having another dog. They give so much more to us than we give to them and there are so many that need help.

Our latest rescue is from Bulgaria and she is an absolute darling. However it is obvious she has had a very tough time and is currently still quite traumatised but is slowly coming around especially after meeting my daughter's crazy Corgi last week-end.

BTW to all pet owners for when the time does come

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, going though the exact same thing at the moment as ours died about two weeks ago.

My old man gave ours a lamb bone which she always had, however, we think this time it splintered and believe she died from internal bleeding. She was only 11, she was unconscious when we found her in the morning.. took her to the emergency vets but died from a cardiac arrest. Absolutely gutted.

Tragic and awful lesson to learn, but lamb bones do splinter and are terribly dangerous to dogs. I’ve seen the state of my vet after trying to save a similar case.
Very sorry that’s something you had to go through.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been through this several times and doesn't get any easier. Hope you get over your loss soon but please don't give up on having another dog. They give so much more to us than we give to them and there are so many that need help.

Our latest rescue is from Bulgaria and she is an absolute darling. However it is obvious she has had a very tough time and is currently still quite traumatised but is slowly coming around especially after meeting my daughter's crazy Corgi last week-end.

BTW to all pet owners for when the time does come
I've read that piece about owners not going into the room to be with their pet at the end before, unbelievable, however hard it is for us surely you would force yourself to be with them at the very end to give them piece of mind and comfort - very selfish.
Ours was from a dog home who's previous owners had got rid of him when they'd decided to get a new puppy, and decided he was too much work to look after and not as fun as the new one, disgusting! Luckily we got the chance to have a great dog and give him the life he deserved!

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ah so sorry to hear that. Feel for you.

W

WasStefan

@Flea I went through similar a few years back, our old Lab who had been around for as long as i can remember finally called time aged 17. She escaped home when she was 1 and got run over by a van driver who proceeded to speed away... the fact she survived let alone came away with 4 limbs (3 fully functioning, 1 merely a crutch) was a miracle. To get to 17 with chronic arthritus which eventually got too much for her was again another miracle. Pets and dogs specifically are no doubt humans best friend. I cried and had tears in my eyes for weeks afterwards - indeed have tears in my eyes reading this after all these years. God bless her and god bless you and your old pal.

Had to quote your post mate... just tragically sad. Time eventually does heal the pain.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

So sorry to read this Flea. It's such a painful thing to go through and something that's so hard to explain to non-dog lovers. As you rightly say, the one downside to having a dog is when that fateful day comes.
Never a truer phrase than "man's best friend".

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've not tried it in a dogs food, but my workmate swears by it. He has had a couple of moto cross accidents which have left him with a lot of pain in his neck, and he says cannabis oil is better than any medication .

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm really sorry to hear this @Flea, and can totally understand what you're feeling.
It's cruel that mans best friend lives such a short time compared to us.
Many years ago I had to go to the vets and lie on the floor cuddling my Collie whilst the vet put her to sleep. It was just about the hardest thing I've done, but I was glad I did it for her sake.
It was 17 years before I felt able to get another dog and she was poisoned when she was a year old. The first vets said she has no chance of living so we took her to a bigger teaching vets.
They weren't very hopeful of her surviving so after a week we brought her home. My wife would feed her pureed spinach 1tsp at a time and do reflexology on her. I would carry her round her usual walks, put her on saline drips which a friend got from work.
A couple of times she took herself to the bottom of the garden and hid herself,I think she went there to die, but I'd find her and bring her back in the house.
We kept her spirits up long enough for the medication to combat the poison that was attacking her liver. The vet has never known a dog survive Sago Palm poisoning, and wrote a paper on her.
Insurance wouldn't cover the bill as it was a poisoning, so it cost us $ 11500 which we didn't have, but there was no way I wouldnt give my girl every chance.
She is now 6 yrs old and it is one of my biggest pleasures in life to see her chasing my 3 yr old Ridgeback .
People who aren't dog lovers don't understand how we feel about our dogs, which is a shame as they give us so much.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great ending to your story Beer, except maybe the last line.....lol

40101177_1936686546624943_2039580772305731584_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom