Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mr Ryan Leister feeling positive in his article for Bham Mail

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"For me, next seasons championship is one of the most average we have had in a very long time "
For me - its a league packed with a large number of big clubs all believing they should be in the Prem . Getting business conducted early , having a good pre season and hitting the ground early will be key . It wont be an average Championship at all - it will be bloody hard to get out of it .

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"For me, next seasons championship is one of the most average we have had in a very long time "
For me - its a league packed with a large number of big clubs all believing they should be in the Prem . Getting business conducted early , having a good pre season and hitting the ground early will be key . It wont be an average Championship at all - it will be bloody hard to get out of it .
That's pretty much how I see it too.
Middlesbrough could well be in with a good shout as at champ level they have a very good pool of talent.
Sunderland are an unknown quantity to me. They could have already capitulated and be in free fall, or they could walk the league, et al Newcastle.
Villa are going to be a significant force imo. With decent funds, Bruce is no mug.
Depending on who Hull bring in, they'll do well if they keep their majority of players.
Fulham, they'll probably be as good, if not better, Reading I'm not sure about.

So no, there's nothing average about the championship next season.
Sometimes I'll read Ryan's stuff and think he's hit the nail on the head, others he's so wide of the mark it's untrue.

Still, we all have an opinion and none of us actually know until after the event.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Reading have been found out. They won't do as well next season. I've never seen such a negative football team do so well this season

D

Deleted member 4594

Middlesbrough could well be in with a good shout as at champ level they have a very good pool of talent.
Sunderland are an unknown quantity to me. They could have already capitulated and be in free fall, or they could walk the league, et al Newcastle.
Villa are going to be a significant force imo. With decent funds, Bruce is no mug.
Depending on who Hull bring in, they'll do well if they keep their majority of players.

Sometimes I'll read Ryan's stuff and think he's hit the nail on the head, others he's so wide of the mark it's untrue.

Still, we all have an opinion and none of us actually know until after the event.
I'm not so sure. Villa aren't, so I'm told, going to be spending a lot and I saw an article today that Hull are going to lose a lot of players.
Sunderland don't worry me greatly, the clubs stunk for a while and I think it's going to take them a good while to get back on track.

All opinions of course, but I'd agree with Ryan on this one that it's going to be a fairly weak championship in comparison to most years.

It will of course still be a hard slog.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's Ryan Leister? I've seen him on Twitter on Twitter and he gets loads of likes for writing generic things based on how we're doing the previous couple of weeks.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would add leeds, sheff w, sheffu, derby to that list too

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tend to agree with a lot of what Ryan says on twitter but I don't feel the championship will be average next season. It will be very tough, in my opinion.

Wolferoo

Groupie
Reaction score
Huddersfield and Reading came from nowhere. Getting our business done early and belief are the key. It won't be easy but Huddersfield have shown (and they are not the first) if you get it right, and with a huge slice of luck, there's no reason we shouldn't be in the mix.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tend to agree with a lot of what Ryan says on twitter but I don't feel the championship will be average next season. It will be very tough, in my opinion.

Totally agree JOS. The Championship is nearly always tough to get promoted from and next season will be no different. ;)

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know about the quality of teams, but by my last reckoning at least half of the Teams will not only have Promotion as there No1 Target, but will be expecting promotion including us, by comparison i can think of 5 Teams that will be expecting to win the greed League, and 6 including those 5 that will be expecting to qualify for Europe, so Yes the Championship is much tougher to get out of, and compared to the greed League i guess we could say overall the quality is deeper if not so strong, then again when did a greed league Team last win the European Cup ? so we could say though there are many world class players in the Premiership, overall they are not so strong as a few years ago.
What are our expectations this season ? for sure its going to be tough, Middlesborough would be my favourites to go straight backup, they are a pretty well run club under Steve Gibson, Hull seem to have have unpredictable owners, Sunderland will need a season or to to stabilise, so in my opinion there are 2 other promotion spots up for grabs, and hopefully we will be there or thereabouts, Nuno will have much to learn about the Championship, a cold winters night up in Barnsley is not comparable to a warm winters evening in Portugal, and on the playing side, we are in a better position than 12 months ago, but still a lot of work needs to be done to get us up there challenging for promotion, and top 6 has to be our most realistic aim can we do it ? yes of course we can, but whether or not we will remains to be seen.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be top 2.

Play offs are a lottery. Only a 25% chance of winning.

Big ask to be top 2, but if we get off to a good start anything's possible.

E

Essex Wolf

The Championship is always a tough league it's just that some seasons seems tougher than others. But whatever the general standard it's never easy to get promoted from and as us Wolves supporters know only too well very easy to get drag into the relegation scrap which you don't always win.

Looking at the sides that will be competing next season and allowing for the possibility of another Huddersfield type situation there are 'd say at least a dozen sides it could be argues are more than capable of gaining promotion. All I'll add though is that I don't believe any of the 3 relegated sides will be automatic choices to be among the favourites to do so.

Munnayi

Reaction score
How the bookies see it (betfair)

Middlesbrough - 7/1

Villa - 15/2

Norwich - 9/1

Fulham - 10/1

Hull, Sheff Wed- 11/1

Derby, Sunderland, Reading, Leeds - 14/1

Wolves - 16/1

E

E is for idiot.

How the bookies see it (betfair)

Middlesbrough - 7/1

Villa - 15/2

Norwich - 9/1

Fulham - 10/1

Hull, Sheff Wed- 11/1

Derby, Sunderland, Reading, Leeds - 14/1

Wolves - 16/1

Promotion or to win the league?

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Who's Ryan Leister? I've seen him on Twitter on Twitter and he gets loads of likes for writing generic things based on how we're doing the previous couple of weeks.
Part of the Wolves Twitterati who seem to think they know it all.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with him saying the championship will be average in terms of the teams coming down - only Boro will be a threat. Hull and Sunderland will be nowhere near it IMO. There won't be 2 outstanding teams like Newcastle or Brighton who pretty much were in the top 2 all season.

Back
Top Bottom