Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moxey's Pledge

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's hope he's right.

At the same time, let's hope we don't rush into signings for the sake of signing players to make sure we're covered.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey - 'We'll invest the money back into the team'

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...4/moxey-vows-to-spend-on-wolves-team-rebuild/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y17UjwBH-RA&feature=youtu.be

“We will invest the money back into the team,” said Moxey this afternoon. “We’ve got a number of other players in the pipeline which we’re hoping to complete. We’re a little exposed because we’ve sold two of our best players so we have others to bring in.”
So Moxey's come out and said the money from the Fletcher and Jarvis deals will be reinvested back into the team. Obviously, we haven't disclosed the fees paid for both players but we all know it's roughly £7 million upfront for Jarvis and £12 million upfront for Fletcher. Overall, thats £19 million upfront. Minus the fees owed to Gillingham and Burnley for sell-on bonuses, it's roughly £17 million.

Now, if he's just come out and said it'll be reinvested back into the team, how much of this £17 million pound "treasure chest" do you reckon will be used to acquire new players over the next week and where would you like it to be spent?

Personally, i'm just hoping we can sign a playmaking central midfielder, an improved left back that can actually defend and a winger to replace Jarvis. Obviously, we won't be spending £17 million on 3-4 signings, but if we really are going to show ambition of wanting to get straight back into the EPL the time to show it is now and if signing quality players will cost £3-4 million then so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Essex Wolf

Lets hope he sticks to his word, or more importantly Morgan does.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see more than two new players coming in before the transfer deadline.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When i read the title i thought Jez had given up the drink.

W

WasStefan

Don't be silly. Expecting anything more than 2 signings is unrealistic!

W

wolfyjoe

I expect 4 new signings

Not including Margeitter

This is too many and not needed if you look at the squad.

We played really well against Barnsley. We've only lost Jarvis from that team and we've added another defender. O'Hara will come back into the centre of midfield so we have a lot of talent there.

I think we need to sign a left sided midfielder to replace Jarvis and maybe another full back but other than that, i think our squad is strong enough to challenge.

I'd rather we waited until January to see what level we're at and then bolster the team with another player or two if needed. We should keep money in the bank for our return to the Prem so we can really back Solbakken to build a top side.

B

bridgnorthwolf

As much as I'm desperate to see O'Hara back in our new-look team, I don't expect it to happen for quite some time yet.

We need to ship out Milijas, Hammill, Berra, Hunt and Jonsson at least and bring at least three, hopefully four new faces in IMO.

E

Essex Wolf

As much as I'm desperate to see O'Hara back in our new-look team, I don't expect it to happen for quite some time yet.

We need to ship out Milijas, Hammill, Berra, Hunt and Jonsson at least and bring at least three, hopefully four new faces in IMO.

Read earlier about it being another 10 weeks so with gaining match fitness that seems he is out until best part of Dec this year.

Overall I would hope to see at least another 3 signings besides the lad signed today.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The problem with O'Hara though is he is always bloody injured! We can't become dependant on him anymore, which is why i'd like to see us sign another CM to add some creative flair. We don't really have a playmaker in the middle, which is worrying me slightly.

Glad we've signed a centre back though and if we signed a playmaking CM with a replacement winger for Jarvis both with sufficient quality then i'd be happy for sure.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Left back, creative central midfielder, at least 1 winger and maybe a striker.

We can always loan out the players we fail to sell once the loan window opens in September.

B

Batman

With Hunt and Hammill on the transfer list and Pezcko being the only winger left in the club (i don't count Forde yet he needs a loan) i can see at least 2 wide men coming in.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do like Moxey but...sheesh...he likes the sound of his own voice.

Moreover, upon his death, I fully expect the coroner to prise a number of cards out of his chest cavities, such is the proximity at which he plays them

B

Bankswolf II

Two more signings and he will deem the team good enough I appreciate his negotiation tactics but trust nothing he says

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two more signings and he will deem the team good enough I appreciate his negotiation tactics but trust nothing he says

Moxey might but Stale certainly won't.

Everyone blames Moxey and Morgan for the lack of support they were accused of giving Mick but he always came across as happy with his squad because be had a lot of trust in them and showed a lot of loyalty towards them. In the end it was our own downfall.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need money for January. Strengthening then can be crucial.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is too many and not needed if you look at the squad.

We played really well against Barnsley. We've only lost Jarvis from that team and we've added another defender. O'Hara will come back into the centre of midfield so we have a lot of talent there.

I think we need to sign a left sided midfielder to replace Jarvis and maybe another full back but other than that, i think our squad is strong enough to challenge.

I'd rather we waited until January to see what level we're at and then bolster the team with another player or two if needed. We should keep money in the bank for our return to the Prem so we can really back Solbakken to build a top side.

You will be wrong IMHO.
We will sign another keeper as De Vries will go. I can see us signing two wingers and another striker aswell.
We will make another 4 four signings I think.
Some fans seem to think we wont sign another striker but I think we will judging by some of Moxeys and Stale's comments today.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Hunt and Hammill on the transfer list and Pezcko being the only winger left in the club (i don't count Forde yet he needs a loan) i can see at least 2 wide men coming in.

Thats what I think.

B

Bankswolf II

Moxey might but Stale certainly won't.

Everyone blames Moxey and Morgan for the lack of support they were accused of giving Mick but he always came across as happy with his squad because be had a lot of trust in them and showed a lot of loyalty towards them. In the end it was our own downfall.

He can't have been that happy because every window he bought someone in if you look at the likes of the egg for example remember the players we were linked to (Gardner being one that springs to mind) and yet he gets the egg for no reason in my mind other than Moxey would only allow him someone cheap

I bet for all the work Moxeys done he is eyeing up the bonus he can get out of this transfer I'm sure stale has plenty of names yet if they are too expensive he can kiss goodbye of any hope of getting them like managers before him

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Frottage.

Jez has always enjoyed a good frott when he thinks he's been a good boy.

1908radford

I think we could see a few more foreign signings yet
Moxey stating today the money is to be reinvested in players!
Stale wants to create competition for places.
Margreitter new CB signed today seems highly rated in Austria.
Interesting times to be a Wolves fan!

Doug

Groupie
Reaction score
Saw the thread title and thought we were going to discuss how shiny the boardroom furniture would now be with all these millions.

D

Dewsburywolf

Stale doesn't play with wingers so why are people harping on about signing another one? We've shipped out Kightly & made Hamill & Hunt available - what does this tell you?

We don't have to wait until January to get players in we can use the loan system - we only got Frimpong, Jonsson & Bassong in in January last season because that's the system for the Premier League we're now in the Championship

WHAT AREN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTANDING?

B

Batman

Stale doesn't play with wingers so why are people harping on about signing another one? We've shipped out Kightly & made Hamill & Hunt available - what does this tell you?

We don't have to wait until January to get players in we can use the loan system - we only got Frimpong, Jonsson & Bassong in in January last season because that's the system for the Premier League we're now in the Championship

WHAT AREN'T PEOPLE UNDERSTANDING?

But bought in Pezsko and is looking at the Costa Rican. Along with the fact that Jarvis played the last the last two games.

So while they may not be classified as Wingers they certainly aren't CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS ARE THEY?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
In Stalle's interview on SSN just now he said that they have money, they need to buy, but that the wage budget has to be controlled and will be a restriction.

D

Dewsburywolf

But bought in Pezsko and is looking at the Costa Rican. Along with the fact that Jarvis played the last the last two games.

So while they may not be classified as Wingers they certainly aren't CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS ARE THEY?

Wide midfielders then, that's to say NOT the kind of player that stays out on the wing getting chalk on their boots as wingers in my hero's day used to

Just to clarify all those people in the last few seasons who complained that we played Edwards, Guedioura, even going back as far as when we had Darron Gibson "on the wing", these were played wide midfield in that they could took in to support the central midfielders rather than hogging the touchline like a "natural" winger would do

It's really not that hard to understand

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dews, i wish you would clarify this loan window situation for us, never heard you mention it before....! :p

B

Batman

Wide midfielders then, that's to say NOT the kind of player that stays out on the wing getting chalk on their boots as wingers in my hero's day used to

Just to clarify all those people in the last few seasons who complained that we played Edwards, Guedioura, even going back as far as when we had Darron Gibson "on the wing", these were played wide midfield in that they could took in to support the central midfielders rather than hogging the touchline like a "natural" winger would do

It's really not that hard to understand

I agree mate. Wide Midfielders. But it's not unforgivable that people call them wingers. They will be wide midfielders and they will "tuck in" but i reckon they'll be called wingers on here for a long while yet. Wolves fans are not used to not having them

R

reanswolf

In Stalle's interview on SSN just now he said that they have money, they need to buy, but that the wage budget has to be controlled and will be a restriction.

The reality is we are going to be buying £2m players rather than proven quality, because the latter type will not come on such wages.

Not blaming the club in the championship.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how in the week after the loss to Leeds certain posters were a permanent fixture on this forum spitting bile at M&M:

How terrible and untrustworthy they are. How they would not spend more than 5 million, no war chest, no more signings, how Fletch and Jarvis would be sold on deadline day and no time for replacements to come in, Doumba And Pesz being loans only and not convincing. All of these numerous posts based on nothing more than that's what they thought would happen and then getting really worked up about it as though it was fact.

Since the win, renewed optimism..not a sign of them. bet these johnny come latelys will be back with a vengeance once the first transfer falls through, or we get beaten again.

M&M are not perfect, we all know they can do stupid things but for the first time in ages there is some genuine optimism on here backed up, with what looks like, the chance of us watching some good quality, passing, attacking football.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reality is we are going to be buying £2m players rather than proven quality, because the latter type will not come on such wages.

Not blaming the club in the championship.

Thought we bought Sigurdarson for nearer 3 million.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

$$$$$$$$! We've just sold two of our highest paid players probably on £20-30k each, there's no way that the wage budget will restrict him. Atleast £15 million has just jumped into our hands and using this should not be an excuse to signing poor replacements.

Back
Top Bottom