Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moxey: Stay or Go

Should Jez Moxey resign as CEO of Wolverhampton Wanderers?

• Yes

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • No

Votes: 36 43.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why does somebody always have to go?

Why does there always have to be a fall guy?

We've had one for Mick, Morgan, Connor and now Moxey

Sheesh.

The board should have known that a club in limbo - as we are now - is not a particularly attractive proposition. Jez Moxey is just one board member. No-one here knows what he's been doing these last 2 weeks, nobody knows exactly what Connor does here and nobody knows how involved Morgan is at board level. I suggest, probably to deaf ears, that we all just chill the $$$$ out as suggesting the removal of more employees right now is not only groundless, but foolish.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

long ball man

You don't always have to vote the same way Hogan. I never wanted Mick to go. This has now gone beyond results on the field. Credibility of the club at an all time low, Bhatti era aside. You can't let that go.

S

Sharples

Why does somebody always have to go?

Why does there always have to be a fall guy?

We've had one for Mick, Morgan, Connor and now Moxey

Sheesh.

Its the UK mentality, instead of looking and improving we just want people to lose their job. Government do it all the time instead of making sure that the mistakes arent repeated.

Load of $$$$e. Moxey in. Moxey haters can $$$$ off to the blues for all I care.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't always have to vote the same way Hogan. I never wanted Mick to go. This has now gone beyond results on the field. Credibility of the club at an all time low, Bhatti era aside. You can't let that go.

We've completely botched the manager hunt. That's starting to become apparent. But that doesn't mean we need to sack somebody else does it? Why is everything so binaristic nowadays?

If things are going well: YAY
If things are going badly: BOOO! SACK!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
wheres the dont really give a $$$$ if he stays or goes option ?

L

long ball man

Hogan,

Generally I agree with you and the sense of entitlement people have now, to a job, to benefits, to housing or a top flight football team is one of the main things wrong with our society as is the tendency to blame others for shortcomings in our own lives BUT...

CEOs of real world companies walk every day for botched takeovers, not holding on to key staff etc.

From my perspective at least this is not about blame for blames sake it is about trying o restore the reputation of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Moxey, in my opinuion, is a busted flush.

L

long ball man

Kiwi,

I would have thought its a lot less pathetic than hypothetical manager polls such as Ince Yes or no? Pretty pertinent I would have said.

Each to his own.

J

Jalwolf

Like I said on another thread. If Morgan doesn't have a suitable replacement ready then it's complete pointless to get rid.

R

reanswolf

Its the UK mentality, instead of looking and improving we just want people to lose their job. Government do it all the time instead of making sure that the mistakes arent repeated.

Load of $$$$e. Moxey in. Moxey haters can $$$$ off to the blues for all I care.

Really clever that. I may as well say Moxey lovers can $$$$ off to WBA.

I want us to flippin improve - but I do not see Moxey playing any role in a club improving. Just look at his input regards customer care, and this farce with a 13 week contract. Stoke only picked up once he had gone. Its time to wake up and smell the coffee you moxey-lovers. Good bank manager, cancerous CE. Just why is his vision just so far and detached from that of so many prospective managers?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
who would recruit the new CEO , how long would it take and would anyone want the job

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Just wait, review when the appointment is made, review all the the facts and not the rumour and then decide. Doesn't look good for him though, but then again we don't have that many direct quotes and concrete information do we?

Hollywood_wolf

Reaction score
The people who frequent this board just cannot bear the not knowing.

24 hour news and information, but the board wont tell me anything.

Ridiculous

M

MK Panther

Moxey needs to stay and complete the job of finding a Manager. This is everything to do about a club which has a big following, a great history. a slowly developing stadium, in the Premiership who are now starting to become the butt of people's jokes and a PR nightmare. Let's hope this gets resolved shortly.

L

long ball man

379 responses on any poll would signify a statistically valid sample for our estimated average attendance of 25636 this season.

I bet the press would run with the results of this and the Come back mick poll if such figures were reached.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too afraid to spend and bunking ticket prices sky high is just ridicolous (i know other clubs have too)

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who the $$$$ wants him to stay??

He is killing us slowly.

If he had a grain of decency he should resign no questions asked if we go down.

Greasy $$$$.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The people who frequent this board just cannot bear the not knowing.

24 hour news and information, but the board wont tell me anything.

Ridiculous

So it's all going swimmingly behind the scenes then at Molineux?

Doug

Groupie
Reaction score
Let's wait until the new manager decision is made, or at least until the end of the season. Definitely not the right time to decide such a thing now!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Antonusklesk

Without knowing all the facts, we can't really base an opinion on whether someone should go, and if they should, who that should be.

The only thing clear at the moment is that something certainly isn't right with the running of the club, or expectations of how a premier league club is actually run.

Whether that's money, control, or general business practices I'm not sure.

Our best hope from this is that the top dogs learn a thing or two and adapt accordingly, but if all the rumours are true about the sheer number of people who've turned us down there's been little flexibility and adaptation in between offers so far, and worryingly we're never likely to find out the real truth about what's gone on, I just hope there's some serious consideration put into why this has been such a farce, and the right answers are found.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why don't we just get rid of the lot, from top to bottom and run the club like Ebbsfleet Utd?

Who would everyone get to moan at then?

L

luckyjim

spot on:wavey:

Exactly this. It's about dignity and personal conscience. If we actually had a chairman who was decisive and a competent CEO we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place.

Perhaps more seriously, if we looked to appoint a manager in the future, the current spectacle has made the Wolves brand look toxic. Moxey as the CEO is the guy who's meant to have the knowledge - he's the one that is poisoning the club.

W

wolvesman

Why don't we just get rid of the lot, from top to bottom and run the club like Ebbsfleet Utd?

Who would everyone get to moan at then?

As I said years ago, luckily for us, Jez wont leave 'till he is ready to go. Far too valuable an asset to the club.:wavey:

T

TonySoprano

Really clever that. I may as well say Moxey lovers can $$$$ off to WBA.

I want us to flippin improve - but I do not see Moxey playing any role in a club improving. Just look at his input regards customer care, and this farce with a 13 week contract. Stoke only picked up once he had gone. Its time to wake up and smell the coffee you moxey-lovers. Good bank manager, cancerous CE. Just why is his vision just so far and detached from that of so many prospective managers?

Agreed, Sharples talks sense in general on here, but his post is complete $$$$$$$$.

As you say, bet Stoke fans are gutted he left. :rolleyes:

The most embarrassing time as a Wolves fan for a good few years yet you have people defending those 2 clowns that are turning us into a laughing stock.

Strats

Reaction score
Any other club and he would be toast ... but this is Wolves and Moxey will live on ...

... regrettably

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As I said years ago, luckily for us, Jez wont leave 'till he is ready to go. Far too valuable an asset to the club.:wavey:

Get off your hands and knees and remove you tong from his $$$$.

L

luckyjim

Firstly, Jez leans on Morgan to keep Mick when it would have been more expedient to press the trigger (hello, after Blackburn, Swansea?). Secondly, Morgan will be relying on Moxey for advice in the current process. Plus he's never done $$$$ all for the fans. He has to go.

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Firstly, Jez leans on Morgan to keep Mick when it would have been more expedient to press the trigger (hello, after Blackburn, Swansea?). Secondly, Morgan will be relying on Moxey for advice in the current process. Plus he's never done $$$$ all for the fans. He has to go.

Spot on . Plus the constant spin and endless rubbish about war chests and gonna get back to where we belong pushing for Europe and $$$$. Who can forget his famous we won't do an Albion rant after promotion first time round? A week later dave jones is handed 3 million to build a prem team. You don't keep hearing false promises coming out of west brom , they just get on with it. Moxey should go now.

K

KiwiWolf

Kiwi,

I would have thought its a lot less pathetic than hypothetical manager polls such as Ince Yes or no? Pretty pertinent I would have said.

Each to his own.

Sorry mate! I agree with you. I'm just frustrated and bored with how inane this forum has become this last 10 days. Respect. :)

W

wolfyjoe

Why the $$$$ does Moxey have to go as well? He's a long term servant to the club and, in general, has done a good job. I bet the same people who wanted Mick gone are the people calling for Moxey's head as well.

If the fans had what they wanted then we'd be in administration in league $$$$ing 2.

W

WWFC64

I see it like this;
Wolves fans boo and go bananas after losing at home
Moxey listens and sacks manager
We are now looking for a new manager and paper talk / rumours are abound
Fans now want Moxey sacked because they dont know whats happening
Fickle or what
No wonder no one wants to manager our club
Fletcher and Doyle both to score as wolves beat the geordies 2-1
Happy days
or
wolves get beat and wolves fans demand Moxey sack TC, Morgan to sack Moxey, who is gonna sack Morgan
Has the world gone mad

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brighton Fan: I'm not surprised that no-one wants the job. I know all clubs have fickle fans but there aren't many around as bad as Wolves. Some of the abuse McCarthy has got this season has been unbelievable and the same can be said for pretty much all the managers they've had over the last 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom