Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moxey Out!

L

lupini

As one of the worst seasons ever draws to a close, we need to look back and see what lessons should be learned.

For me, the buck stops squarely with Moxey. He was the influence for holding onto MM for to long. To the point where even SM lost and sacked him.

The managerial appointment was handled as badly as any before in history. Moxey took the only option available to save his skin.

Now he has gambled the future of the club on a longshot managerial appointment, the likes of which almost always fail.

instead of balancing on field objectives with financial considerations, he has favoured the latter to excess.

The thing this club needs most is hope and ambition, and Moxey is a vampire sucking both hope and ambition from the club. the sooner he is gone, the better.

Come on Steve, do the right thing...?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Grow up and stick your felt tips up your $$$$.

We have a new manager, a new outlook, new positivity - why post this?

Lets forget the nightmare of the last 12 months and move on, yes?

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
boring hell, forget all this moxey bull out now, let get positive and get behind the TEAM. If it does fail then its not for the want of not trying something different!!!

dingle01902

Reaction score
As one of the worst seasons ever draws to a close, we need to look back and see what lessons should be learned.

For me, the buck stops squarely with Moxey. He was the influence for holding onto MM for to long. To the point where even SM lost and sacked him.

The managerial appointment was handled as badly as any before in history. Moxey took the only option available to save his skin.

Now he has gambled the future of the club on a longshot managerial appointment, the likes of which almost always fail.

instead of balancing on field objectives with financial considerations, he has favoured the latter to excess.

The thing this club needs most is hope and ambition, and Moxey is a vampire sucking both hope and ambition from the club. the sooner he is gone, the better.

Come on Steve, do the right thing...?

I agree with the whole Moxey sentiment, as this has been my opinion for a good many years on Moxey. As for the new gaffer, I am sheltered quite a lot from the anti Wolves media living in Humberside and in fact went through a whole 24 hours of immense pleasure and positivity at this appointment before switching the radio on or looking at a newspaper article to see the national outpouring of ridicule from Talksport, London Press et al.

After reading and hearing these views, all I have to say is screw the lot of them. This bloke is a proper modern european manager and we have pulled off a major coup by getting him. He was only 3 ties away from achieving what Mourinho did with Porto when he was little more than a jumped up translator to Bobby Robson.

This bloke knows the English game and will coach the whole team in the European art of defending whilst giving them the flair and freedom to attack with pace. Surely the likes of Kightly, O'hara, Jarvis, Doyle, and even dare I say Henry will flourish under this new likely system that has previously seen them shackled to the point where we could have put them in wheelchairs and they would have been more mobile?!

H

Hatch End

He's paid too much, gets too big a bonus but has helped us become financially sound ( even if it has meant screwing the punters out of their hard earned money )................which would be wonderful if we weren't a football club.

It's not fair that Wolves make a profit, when most other football clubs run at a permanent loss and yet we get relegated.

It may be, as we're constantly told, that there will be new golden era coming soon, when there will be no advantage for clubs to try and borrow success from their banks or generous owners.
Obviously that could be great for us, but will it happen? really?.............or will we always be also rans, because we are determined to swim against the tide?

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sooner we get this doom and gloom from the club the better, let's face it we will not have a big enough influence on him going, so let's just look to the future and be positive.

Bring on next season !!

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forget the last 12 months if Stale pays off Moxey has reedeemed himself

dingle01902

Reaction score
Forget the last 12 months if Stale pays off Moxey has reedeemed himself
The way this has all happened has left me with the feeling that Moxey has had very little to do with the appointment. It screams of Morgan taking back the reigns. Will guage it better at tomorrows press conference.

H

Hatch End

Moxey fan club members................don't come on here seeking to equate support for your favourite accountant, with our support for the team and new manager.

They are two separate things.

Being a Wolves supporter doesn't mean that you can't be critical of the club's backroom staff. You may love Moxey, but most of us don't. If that doesn't suit you then stick your own felt tip up your own ****!

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The buck does not stop with Moxey

The club is owned by Morgan

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again for the hard of thinking. Moxey is the one of the few people at this club who are a) good at their job and b) do their job to a satisfactory level.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh god not this cobblers again.

OK he earns too much compared to most, but why when a manager agrees to a deal then six days later he changes his mind does the CEO get the blame?

They waited too long to get shot of Mick.

I actually like the bloke, he is very good at what he does and has to contend with some right brainless knuckledraggers.

You know I was standing in a cue for a pork bap earlier in the season and had to listen to a right bell end try to tell me that Jez was that tight he made Mick come to training on his bike! The bloke was serious he was so convinced that Jez was to blame it was unbelievable. Mick did go to training on his bike but I don't believe that was on Jez's command!

W

Woffles

Exactly, the strings are pulled by Morgan.

If you think different then you are deluded.

Either he earns his huge salary because he's a genuine CEO and is ultimately responsible for making decisions and running the club for Morgan, or he's getting paid far too much if Morgan's actually running the show - can't have it both ways.

The way this has all happened has left me with the feeling that Moxey has had very little to do with the appointment. It screams of Morgan taking back the reigns. Will guage it better at tomorrows press conference.

I think this will be really interesting - has Jez been given the job of investigating the available options and football strategies and presenting these to Morgan and the board - in which case he'll be redeeming himself somewhat in my eyes, or has this new direction come from Morgan directly talking to people in the game.

Ultimately Jez's usefulness and value to Wolves will only be gauged by whether Morgan wants to keep him on or not in the long term.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Either he earns his huge salary because he's a genuine CEO and is ultimately responsible for making decisions and running the club for Morgan, or he's getting paid far too much if Morgan's actually running the show - can't have it both ways.

Moxey runs the club on a day to day basis. The setting of playing budgets, the appointment/sacking of managers, the redevelopment of the ground isn't the sole responsibility of Moxey as it's not in the remit of the aforementioned day to day running. The board as a whole would make these decisions.

So if you feel that we've spent too much money on a new stand and not enough on the squad, blame the board. If there's a leak in the bogs in the South Bank, blame Moxey.

M

Mister Rabbit

Moxey fan club members................don't come on here seeking to equate support for your favourite accountant, with our support for the team and new manager.

Being a Wolves supporter doesn't mean that you can't be critical of the club's backroom staff. You may love Moxey, but most of us don't. If that doesn't suit you then stick your own felt tip up your own ****!

Well said. A £1m plus salary and a high profile doesn't equate to the job that has been done by Moxey.

And again, please read up on the definition of a Chief Executive Officer.

W

Woffles

Moxey runs the club on a day to day basis. The setting of playing budgets, the appointment/sacking of managers, the redevelopment of the ground isn't the sole responsibility of Moxey as it's not in the remit of the aforementioned day to day running. The board as a whole would make these decisions.

So if you feel that we've spent too much money on a new stand and not enough on the squad, blame the board. If there's a leak in the bogs in the South Bank, blame Moxey.

You can get a plumber for less than a million a year. Just.

D

Deleted member 4023

Jez's role is to keep the club in the black. Since thats been achieved, I think that he's achieved his objectives. For leaky toilets, you would need to speak to the stadium facilities manager not the CEO.
Time to bring an end on this depressing season. Everyone starts with a clean slate after a summer break

Hollywood_wolf

Reaction score

Actually supporting the club does mean that we want everything to be progressing in all areas of the club and bar the obvious and bitter pill of relegation, it is.

Who said that MOST of us want him out, no we don't.

He is just the lightning rod for criticism because some people just got to hate.

Personally I think he is doing a good job.... but, I have no idea what objectives he is working within, none of us do. He may be brilliant he may be awful, but I would suggest that if it was the latter, he would already be gone. So the obvious conclusion he is doing at least ok.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can get a plumber for less than a million a year. Just.

Don't be a pedant. You know what I meant.

Jez's role is to keep the club in the black. Since thats been achieved, I think that he's achieved his objectives. For leaky toilets, you would need to speak to the stadium facilities manager not the CEO.
Time to bring an end on this depressing season. Everyone starts with a clean slate after a summer break

The point is, peoples gripe with Moxey seems to be that he is the reason why we don't spend £20+ million every transfer window, why we waited until Feburary to sack Mick, and why we had to settle for TC. These aren't things that would come under the day to day running of the club.

The setting of Budgets and the appointment/removal of coaching staff is not the sole decision of Moxey. Moxey works for the club, just like the people in the club shop. He is an Employee. The people that set budgets etc would be the board. I imagine Moxey has a seat on the board, but so does Morgan and I imagine 2 or 3 other people. To blame our crap season on Moxey is ridiculous.

W

Woffles

Don't be a pedant. You know what I meant.

The point is, peoples gripe with Moxey seems to be that he is the reason why we don't spend £20+ million every transfer window, why we waited until Feburary to sack Mick, and why we had to settle for TC. These aren't things that would come under the day to day running of the club.

The setting of Budgets and the appointment/removal of coaching staff is not the sole decision of Moxey. Moxey works for the club, just like the people in the club shop. He is an Employee. The people that set budgets etc would be the board. I imagine Moxey has a seat on the board, but so does Morgan and I imagine 2 or 3 other people. To blame our crap season on Moxey is ridiculous.

Not at all.

He can only work with what he's given and I would never want us to throw money we didn't have at players.

My issues are around what I see as his neglect of the football side of the club. Take what Peace has done at Albion (with a lower budget) - he's looked at clubs around Europe that punch above their weight, studied the way they work, taken some of the ideas and implemented a football strategy at the club with Dan Ashworh as the technical director, standardised coaching methods through all levels, lists of players/managers/coaches available in case of changes etc. - and it's paid off for them. We have up to now done nothing, bar employ a manager, tell them they can have TC as assistant and let them to get on with it.

But, as others have said - it's clean slate time - if Jez has been heavily involved in the hunt for a manager, identifying candidates like Solbakken and the decision to bring him in, then he has started to redeem himself and earn his money.

W

wolvo_boi

I've said it before and I'll say it again for the hard of thinking. Moxey is the one of the few people at this club who are a) good at their job and b) do their job to a satisfactory level.

Good at A job . . . not his job.

Bank manager/accountant yes . . . being part of running a 'football' club no

He is so far removed from the football/fan side of things, he seems to love getting himself on the radio/tv. I know one other person from another club in a similar role and that is Dan Ashworth and that is only because we talk about him all the time. I have a West Brom supporing friend, a Villa supporting friend, a Man Utd supporting friend and a Stoke supporting friend . . . they all know who Jez Moxey is, why is that?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good at A job . . . not his job.

Bank manager/accountant yes . . . being part of running a 'football' club no

He is so far removed from the football/fan side of things, he seems to love getting himself on the radio/tv. I know one other person from another club in a similar role and that is Dan Ashworth and that is only because we talk about him all the time. I have a West Brom supporing friend, a Villa supporting friend, a Man Utd supporting friend and a Stoke supporting friend . . . they all know who Jez Moxey is, why is that?

I'd wager because you bleat on about how much he's ruining this club and how he's worse than the Bhatti's. *rolls eyes*

S

SimplyTheWolves

It's been a bad season in many ways and bringing the past up once in a while is bound to happen, but we have to move on and move forward. Nobody's perfect we all make mistakes, and it isn't easy to just forget everything and carry on as if nothing has happened, but if we want our club to learn from this season we have to give them the chance to do so. We asked for actions and not words, we have actually started to get some, the club is without doubt trying to put us back on track, and is learning from their mistakes, the quickness and surprise of appointing Sale is a definite sign.

In fact if you wanted to show the world how not to appoint a manager we did it, now we have shown just how to appoint one, lets be honest no one expected it and especially the speed in which it all happened, now if that isn't learning from your mistakes then what is. We are starting to move in the right direction, I am a lot more optimistic now than I was a week or so ago, things are changing for the better, we are starting to move forward again, lets just get on with it.

W

wolvo_boi

I'd wager because you bleat on about how much he's ruining this club and how he's worse than the Bhatti's. *rolls eyes*

No because he is always on the tv, on the radio, in the papers, on sky sports news.

I am not old enough to remember the Bhattis and neither in my spare time do i enjoy bringing up anything to do with Wolves, why on earth would i bring up such a depressing topic amongst friends who not care . . . that is what this site is for.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey is not the problem. He's a businessman delivering to a remit, and often doing it well.

What would be rather? John Richards back again?

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No because he is always on the tv, on the radio, in the papers, on sky sports news.

I am not old enough to remember the Bhattis and neither in my spare time do i enjoy bringing up anything to do with Wolves, why on earth would i bring up such a depressing topic amongst friends who not care . . . that is what this site is for.

Is he really always on the T.V? I've seen him on T.V two or threee teams this season. All of which he was talking about our managerial search, at a time when fans were wanting to be kept informed.

If he didn't appear in the media, people would only moan that the club don't say anything.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol.

How decidedly English! Mol Mix are like an episode of The Thick of it at times.

[His role should be divided between two people though, a footballing director (not him) and a business director (him)]

S

Sandwell Wolf

The club financially is secure. I'm happy with that.

Some of you just hate him!

These kind of posts really wind me up.

We've just finished bottom of the league on 25 points. That is an absolute disgrace.

You don't win anything for being financially secure. I go to the football to watch my team win games, not to congratulate Moxey for keeping us out of debt.

L

lupini

These kind of posts really wind me up.

We've just finished bottom of the league on 25 points. That is an absolute disgrace.

You don't win anything for being financially secure. I go to the football to watch my team win games, not to congratulate Moxey for keeping us out of debt.

Wikipedia said:
Typically, the CEO/MD has responsibilities as a communicator, decision maker, leader, and manager. The communicator role can involve the press and the rest of the outside world, as well as the organization's management and employees; the decision-making role involves high-level decisions about policy and strategy. As a leader, the CEO/MD advises the board of directors, motivates employees, and drives change within the organization. As a manager, the CEO/MD presides over the organization's day-to-day, month-to-month, and year-to-year operations

So:

Decision Maker: 0/10
Leader: 0/10
Manager: 0/10
Communicator: minus 10/10

When will people stop giving Moxey credit for the only thing he is not responsible for? The financial position is due to SJH, Morgan and Mick McCarthy.

The man is a disastrous CEO, and he's slimy and patronising with it.

R

reanswolf

His job is not simply to keep us in the black. How many times does it need to be pointed out where he has messed up? His financial strategy has cost us massively.

Not saying everything is his fault, but he is largely responsible for our demise.

But he wont go, he is more important (in his own mind) that God.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If those who still can't see the current set up is not good enough for the top flight after this season they never will.

The club have just given up on their third year in the GL. GIVEN UP not relegated.

The last 23 games or so have produced one win and that was against ten men.

Connor is still saying he is 'disappointed' he wasn't offered the job. Moxey is saying he has 'done a wonderful job'. They really believe this.

It doesn't matter how good the new man is, and no-one knows how he will work out, if the current backroom and structure continues it will all end the same way as the other two attempts at the GL, humorous, humiliating farce.

Did Morgan find and act on appointing Stale? Is he starting to smell the coffee? Or is he just another 'pretender?' Will this be just another false dawn?

The club is infested by people who think they are better than they are. For results (and change) it will mean an end to this apologist-let's-get-behind-the-club-small-time-family-club-better-off-in-the-Championship-I-support-the-club-not-the-board-cut-them-some-slack-they-are-nice-guys approach.

Connor has just reportedly trousered half a million pounds to not win a solitary game. Moxey is a multi millionaire and has failed to oversee the clubs twelve year quest (with him at the helm) for GL stability. He is CEO and as such must take some accountability for this.

If Morgan continues with him it will prove he only sees the club as a hobby for most certainly he would not tolerate such incompetence in his building empire.

There again football aint a 'business' but that's another argument.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What would you suggest BNW? Are you on board with the DoF idea or what you propose something more radical?

M

Metro Wolf 2007

Moxey seems certain that he will be around again next season but only Morgan knows whether that will happen as he owns the club and its his call. Now the manager is in place Moxey may hope Steve forgets the last 12 months. Time will tell... :listen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom