Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moutinho

Bigcheese

Reaction score
This might have been bought up previously, but has anyone seen Mouthino have a bad game in the old gold and black?
The man is a absolute legend,young player's like Neves,Dendoncker,Jota to name but three are, along with us fan's, truly blessed to have him play for our club.
He is head and shoulders the best signing this club has made since Bully in my opinion.
Let's hope he can continue for a few more years yet.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's the best player I've ever seen in Wolves shirt. I hope he's got a couple years left because it's absolutely magical watching him manage the field.

W

WasStefan

This might have been bought up previously, but has anyone seen Mouthino have a bad game in the old gold and black?
The man is a absolute legend,young player's like Neves,Dendoncker,Jota to name but three are, along with us fan's, truly blessed to have him play for our club.
He is head and shoulders the best signing this club has made since Bully in my opinion.
Agree

He's got 2 more years at least left in him. The man is a machine. (injury permitting)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we would struggle a bit without him, such a classy player with the work ethic to go with it, I do worry about losing him, is his contract up this season?

Scott.Cooper

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with above, best player I’ve seen. His game management and knowhow is unbelievable.

Surprised we start him in every game though! Especially the second leg vs Pyunik etc

WinchWolf

Reaction score
I think we would struggle a bit without him, such a classy player with the work ethic to go with it, I do worry about losing him, is his contract up this season?

I agree, his leadership is outstanding too, always directing where he want other Wolves players to go, when he goes to defend the space. Very intelligent.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

I think he'd stay if we wanted him to.
When he signed I'm sure I read Rui Patricios his best mate?

There are not enough superlatives for this guy, he is simply sublime to watch! Such an important player for us

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've never seen him give less than a 6/10 performance, and even that is being harsh. He's consistently a 7 and sometimes even an 8 or 9.

He's like a metronome, just keeps things ticking over in the midfield. Rarely puts a foot wrong or gives the ball away, but rarely does anything spectacular either. The sort of midfield player that is massively overlooked and underrated, but all the top sides in history have had them.

I hate to use the term 'water-carrier' because he is so much more than that. With his ability on the ball combined with the work he puts in he is both the water-carrier and the orchestra conductor all at the same time!

It's going to cost a lot of money to replace him when he does decide to hang up his boots!!

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fantastic role model for our young players too, his experience shines through and is a fine example for them to look upto.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised that earlier in his career he never played at a huge club, bigger than Porto or Monaco. I suppose he is making up for that now.

I think in the past, his size would have led to him being overlooked by all the very top sides. That's not so much of an issue as the modern game has become more technical.

A young Moutinho would probably be a top target for Pep nowadays.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I've never seen him give less than a 6/10 performance, and even that is being harsh. He's consistently a 7 and sometimes even an 8 or 9.

He's like a metronome, just keeps things ticking over in the midfield. Rarely puts a foot wrong or gives the ball away, but rarely does anything spectacular either. The sort of midfield player that is massively overlooked and underrated, but all the top sides in history have had them.

I hate to use the term 'water-carrier' because he is so much more than that. With his ability on the ball combined with the work he puts in he is both the water-carrier and the orchestra conductor all at the same time!

It's going to cost a lot of money to replace him when he does decide to hang up his boots!!

+1.

The man epitomises the term 'engine room' all on his own.

In fact it's an injustice......ECU, engine, gearbox, driveshaft.... He's the whole ****ing amazing lot!

:)....

M

merseawolf

Crystal Palace at home last season. He was really off it that night. Nothing went right but he never stopped trying and gave it his usual 100% till the end.

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
The proverbial midfield maestro. I really hope we can persuade him to stay beyond his current contract. My fear is he may want to return to Portugal for his swan song but hopefully we are sufficiently under his skin he may give us another year or two.

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some might disagree, but I would put him alongside Peter Broadbent and Knowles. Incredible that we have a player of his ability and class gracing the hallowed turf of Molineux. It must be fantastic for the young midfielder to have a role model like him to learn from. If the transfer fee is to be believed, it's the best £5 million the club has ever spent.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crystal Palace at home last season. He was really off it that night. Nothing went right but he never stopped trying and gave it his usual 100% till the end.

They were all pretty poor that evening. He was still probably our best player that night through effort alone!

Interestingly, that's the last home match we lost - 2nd January. Won 11 and drawn 3 in all the games since.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure he will want to go back to his roots before he finishes,but we should offer him a 2/3 year contract plus a coaching job at the end,hes that good

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love Moutinho, 100% classy footballer, hardly ever wastes a ball.

Mouthino I find is just a gobby Brazilian.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Class act. I think so long as the Portuguese influence remains at the club I'd hope he would see out his days here.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That must be the Mouthino who plays at Molynuex.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could've played for much better teams then he has done. Could've won even more

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The man is indestructable,just match after match after match with top performances.
It is still mindbogling a player like Moutinho plays for us.We can all count ourselves lucky.
Thank You Joao...never get old.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His fitness levels are so high, as shown by Nuno's faith to play him so often (which must be backed up by the science) so you'd be pretty confident he can go at least 2-3 more years playing at this level. Deserves more than a one year deal when it comes to to appropriate time to discuss his contract with him

'The Mouth' is so key to our squads mentality, especially with so many youngsters, and his professionalism rubs off on everyone. 'He hates to lose' Neves said. I have no doubt he does and I hope Neves is watching him like a hawk every day if he is to be his successor in chief

His calmness last night in that white hot atmosphere was so apparently and I just kept saying to myself 'I'm so glad he's out there, this won't get to him'

'World Class' is a subjective term but whatever the top bracket of midfield operator is, he's in it. We need him for a few more years because, even in today's market, I don't think its an exaggeration to buy a younger version of him will cost £80M+. So when it comes to the sad day in a couple of years when we actually have to do that, its not unrealistic to say we may well be in the position where we're looking at £100M to replace his quality in the middle of the park (Neves aside)

Best midfielder I've ever seen in Gold and Black bar none

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His fitness levels are so high, as shown by Nuno's faith to play him so often (which must be backed up by the science) so you'd be pretty confident he can go at least 2-3 more years playing at this level. Deserves more than a one year deal when it comes to to appropriate time to discuss his contract with him

'The Mouth' is so key to our squads mentality, especially with so many youngsters, and his professionalism rubs off on everyone. 'He hates to lose' Neves said. I have no doubt he does and I hope Neves is watching him like a hawk every day if he is to be his successor in chief

His calmness last night in that white hot atmosphere was so apparently and I just kept saying to myself 'I'm so glad he's out there, this won't get to him'

'World Class' is a subjective term but whatever the top bracket of midfield operator is, he's in it. We need him for a few more years because, even in today's market, I don't think its an exaggeration to buy a younger version of him will cost £80M+. So when it comes to the sad day in a couple of years when we actually have to do that, its not unrealistic to say we may well be in the position where we're looking at £100M to replace his quality in the middle of the park (Neves aside)

Best midfielder I've ever seen in Gold and Black bar none

Never thought I live to see the day,but I am inclined to agree despite the fact that King Kenny Hibbitt was one of my childhood biggest idols,and I got to see him play some matches when he was in his prime.
I know that Moutinho is better..it´s just hard to acknowledge it when Hibbitt is involved in the equation..:)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
So good that I can see him taking over from Nuno when the Great Beard retires in 25 years’ time.

Although Moutinho will have only just hung up his boots by then...

S

ShropshireLad

He got slagged off good and proper in his early days with us. Comments like "Neves and Moutinho" are too similar, "Moutinho should be dropped" etc, etc. I thought that he was great and a better option than Neves at that time. @berwickwolf and myself were in agreement about this.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I apologize for the misspelling of the great man's name,at work whilst trying to deal with customers, I too,would also like to think that we can offer him a coaching position when he decides to call it a day if the lure of going back home to Portugal can be swayed.
In my 45yrs of following the wolves I can't recall a more rounded player to pull on the shirt.
Let's hope we can persuade him to stay a lot longer because as someone rightly pointed out earlier, the young version would be upward of £80m to replace.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth do you replace a player of Moutinho's class? We may get one more year out of him after this season but we need to have a replacement lined up who won't come cheap. Just love watching him play. So simple, so incredibly effective. Understated genius.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How on earth do you replace a player of Moutinho's class? We may get one more year out of him after this season but we need to have a replacement lined up who won't come cheap. Just love watching him play. So simple, so incredibly effective. Understated genius.
Yes that is going to hard, just hope there is a player lined up, maybe already at the club...

D

Deleted member 5910

Need to get this guy a new contract, with a coaching role at the end if he wants it.

Back
Top Bottom