Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moutinho Contract

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone on the Mix always comes up with a subtle way to insult a player, even one as classy as Moutinho.

I'd guess he plays a part in every game because he's still a great player.
You know the mix loves a good conspiracy theory.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get the feeling that Moutinho has a if fit must play some role clause in his contract ??

We were losing midfield battles so we brought on the best midfielder from our past two seasons in place of a forward who wasn’t quite fit and was doing absolutely nothing.

Instantly started chasing down balls and closing spaces.

Another one whose mind is made up by the popular-moan-of-the-moment before he’s even seen said player play.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He was at fault for Fulham's best chance to equalise, luckily Kamara is garbage.

D

Deleted member 5910

Not slagging the great Moutinho, but as soon as we went 5-3-2 we were instantly under the kosh even against a mediocre Fulham side. I really detest that system- it doesn't suit our current crop at all. Bring on Adama down the right of a three, and not in a centre forward role that he will never get to grips with, and we finish the game on top and maybe 2-0.

WillenhallWolfie1980

Reaction score
We were losing midfield battles so we brought on the best midfielder from our past two seasons in place of a forward who wasn’t quite fit and was doing absolutely nothing.

Instantly started chasing down balls and closing spaces.

Another one whose mind is made up by the popular-moan-of-the-moment before he’s even seen said player play.

To those asking , I wasnt beating or running Moutinho down but it does seem that when fit he has to play some role

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not having a go because he is a class player but he did lose the ball and his man following their keepers punch. He hadn't got the pace to chase leading to their best move of the match which Kamara should have scored from.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who are you to call me a melt , Do you have a blackbelt in Keyboard warriorship ?

To those asking , I wasnt beating or running Moutinho down but it does seem that when fit he has to play some role
But he didn’t start today ... which contradicts your theory completely

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last week dendoncker didn’t feature-therefore he’s being sold, this week Moutinho (one of the best players I’ve seen wear a wolves shirt) must have a clause in his contract to feature.

That actually undermines Nuno and his team.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the season Moutinho needs to begin to wind down - its a transition season before retirement or a rich pay day in China or the Middle East. Great player. Can do a great job in final 20-25 minutes of games to calm things down and stabilise play but he is no longer an all action 95 minute player sadly. Nuno is trying to squeeze too much out of him and failing to sign a proper mature replacement. Vitinho looks a neat young player but his time is not NOW>

WillenhallWolfie1980

Reaction score
My bad. But that would still be one weird term for a players contract. Struggling to believe that’s true.
Nathan Blake had a clause in his contract while at Wolves that when he was fit he had to play a role , I get the feeling Moutinho has one as well

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nathan Blake had a clause in his contract while at Wolves that when he was fit he had to play a role , I get the feeling Moutinho has one as well
You’re so full of ****! I can remember Carl Cort being chosen ahead of him on numerous occasions. I think even The Rat was on the team sheet before Nathan Blake. Didn’t Blakey even fall out with Dave Jones Because of it???

WillenhallWolfie1980

Reaction score
I'm not full of **** at all

Thought it was common knowledge that Blake had a clause in his contract that he had to play or play a role when he was fit , it was even reported a few years ago iirc in an interview with him

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In time I can see Moutinho becoming a coach and maybe taking over when Nuno retires :)

WillenhallWolfie1980

Reaction score
Ive not once said its factual though , I said get the feeling , Listen i think Moutinho has been a great player for us , I was merely questioning about his contract because when fit he always has a role to play

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive not once said its factual though , I said get the feeling , Listen i think Moutinho has been a great player for us , I was merely questioning about his contract because when fit he always has a role to play
But you said Nathan Blake had the same clause. He didn’t and neither has Moutinho.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our mf doesn't work. Full stop. At 34/35 his best days are well behind him now. Hardly ever scored for us. Said for some time on here that the Prem is too much for him now, at least a full 90 minutes; may be ok to bring on to see a game out. Missing the next game gives Nuno the chance to change things. Has to bring Vitinha in to see what he can do. Having a more creative player beside him may spark Neves into some kind of life. What has happened to him and Boly this season? We all knew we needed that creative mf in the Summer but Jeff/Nuno knew better and all the good work of the past 3 seasons is being left to drift away.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Bizarre thread to drag up.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ffs. He has more stamina as a player than some of our fans as supporters.
Some of you would have been brutal with Willie Carr and Kenny Hibbitt at the end of their careers.
Moutinho is one of the best players I've seen in a wolves shirt. And played well today.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ffs. He has more stamina as a player than some of our fans as supporters.
Some of you would have been brutal with Willie Carr and Kenny Hibbitt at the end of their careers.
Moutinho is one of the best players I've seen in a wolves shirt. And played well today.
I was with hibbit at the time as he slagged wolves off when he went to cov.

Back
Top Bottom