Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MOTD Top 10 goals

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching the MOTD top ten with Shearer, Wright and Lineker.

They're doing their top ten PL and FA Cup games and figured it might be a fun topic on here as there have been so many great goals it's hard to pick.

Wright and Shearer for instance had no place for Beckham v Wimbledon or Scholes v Villa.

Or Rae v Bolton ;) you can have a wildcard for your favourite Wolves PL/FAC goal.

I'd go

1) Yeboah v Liverpool
2) Bergkamp v Leicester
3) Scholes v Bradford
4) Ginola v Barnsley (FA Cup)
5) Le Tissier v Newcastle
6) Payet v Middlesbrough
7) Scholes v Villa
8) De Bruyne v Newcastle
9) Henry v Spurs
10) Gerrard v West Ham (FA Cup)

11) Jimenez v Watford (FA Cup)

Really tough! the Di Canio goal v Wimbledon is omitted, as is Giggs in the FA Cup Semi, Henry v Yanited etc etc.

Last edited:

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching the MOTD top ten with Shearer, Wright and Lineker.

They're doing their top ten PL and FA Cup games and figured it might be a fun topic on here as there have been so many great goals it's hard to pick.

Wright and Shearer for instance had no place for Beckham v Wimbledon or Scholes v Villa.

Or Rae v Bolton ;) you can have a wildcard for your favourite Wolves PL/FAC goal.

I'd go

1) Yeboah v Liverpool
2) Bergkamp v Leicester
3) Scholes v Bradford
4) Ginola v Barnsley (FA Cup)
5) Le Tissier v Newcastle
6) Payet v Middlesbrough
7) Scholes v Villa
8) De Bruyne v Newcastle
9) Henry v Spurs
10) Gerrard v West Ham (FA Cup)

11) Jimenez v Watford (FA Cup)

Really tough! the Di Canio goal v Wimbledon is omitted, as is Giggs in the FA Cup Semi, Henry v Yanited etc etc.

No place for Sinclairs overhead kick..??!!!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a shame football wasn't invented until the Premier League started. Otherwise Ernie Hunts free kick against Everton in 1970 would have been in there. The old grey matter isn't what it was, but I think it was voted goal of the season.

As for the above list, Bergkamps against Leicester would be my no1.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Le Tissier vs Newcastle is number one for me, it’s pure genius, Bergkamp even admitted he didn’t mean the flick. Le Tissiers best goals make even Neves look ordinary, most talented English player since Gaza’s, maybe even more so

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Le Tissier vs Newcastle is number one for me, it’s pure genius, Bergkamp even admitted he didn’t mean the flick. Le Tissiers best goals make even Neves look ordinary, most talented English player since Gaza’s, maybe even more so

I didn't know that Bergkamp didn't mean to do that flick. I have always thought it was a touch of genius. I agree with you regarding Le Tissier, one of the most talented players I have ever seen, who scored some great goals from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another of my favourites (before football was invented) was Hoddle's goal against Watford back in 1983:

There is no denying that Hoddle was a truly great player, whatever the opinions on other aspects of his life may be.

Scadwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Its a shame football wasn't invented until the Premier League started. Otherwise Ernie Hunts free kick against Everton in 1970 would have been in there. The old grey matter isn't what it was, but I think it was voted goal of the season.

As for the above list, Bergkamps against Leicester would be my no1.
Remember it well but seem to think it was disallowed?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah. The best of the best goals for me are the ones that just can’t be done by 99.9% of players. I’m not dismissing the volleys on the list by any means, but if it falls right, and they catch it right, a lot of players can score those goals. Even Andros Townsend.

The likes of Le Tissier, Bergkamp, Di Canio and Ginola scored goals other players couldn’t. Same with Sinclair’s OHK.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't know that Bergkamp didn't mean to do that flick. I have always thought it was a touch of genius. I agree with you regarding Le Tissier, one of the most talented players I have ever seen, who scored some great goals from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Ian Wright clarified this last night when he said it wasn’t that he didn’t mean it, but that his instincts led to him going the opposite way round Dabizas once he’d flicked it the other. The quick thinking and coolness of finish is what makes the goal so special.

I still think his Leicester goal was at least on a par, if not better.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was the
george ndah goal v Leicester where he turned and ran at their whole defense in the FA Cup. Either way it was a great goal.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Another of my favourites (before football was invented) was Hoddle's goal against Watford back in 1983:

Remember watching that on telly at my Nan’s when I was 9. Must’ve been highlights, as it couldn’t have been on live tv.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No place for Sinclairs overhead kick..??!!!

I didn't want to just copy the list from MOTD so omitted it but it's a super strike.

With hindsight I should've given the MOTD list and asked people to share other great goals they loved.

R

reanswolf

A very talented player was Le Tiss, his 1st against Newcatsle was very good but the ball still fell very nicely for him each flick. No one I have seen strikes a shot harder and truer than Neves, well Jota is on par but from closer range.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Le Tissiers best goals make even Neves look ordinary, most talented English player since Gaza’s, maybe even more so

Le Tiss was a class act and scored some great goals. However, the Neves goal vs Derby is the best individual goal that l have ever seen. It was technically brilliant and he made something bloody difficult look easy.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Le Tiss was a class act and scored some great goals. However, the Neves goal vs Derby is the best individual goal that l have ever seen. It was technically brilliant and he made something bloody difficult look easy.
I prefer the technique he used against Espanyol, the Derby goal was brilliant, but he said afterwards he'd only attempted it, because if he lost the ball Derby were in on the break.

The chest n volley, whilst under pressure was premeditated, if Rooney, Aguero etc had done it, it would be still be shown everywhere now, Twitter would have shut down.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Edited to add: It was no fluke either. He was able to recreate it on TV easily, unlike others who tried.

Back
Top Bottom