Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MOTD - Mick McCarthy

W

WasStefan

Yep, has signed up to MOTD for next season. As has flappy chops!

W

wanderer24

I suppose he's got to earn a living somehow and that's about as close as he's going to get to a Premiership job.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant!

Mick as a manager $$$$ed me off on occasion (although I still liked him) but Mick as a pundit makes me smile with glee. His Yorkshire drawl and dry wit are a rare treat when compared to the drab Shearer, the awful puns of Lawro and the...well...floppy chops of good ol' 'Arry.

D

Dewsburywolf

Brilliant!

Mick as a manager $$$$ed me off on occasion (although I still liked him) but Mick as a pundit makes me smile with glee. His Yorkshire drawl and dry wit are a rare treat when compared to the drab Shearer, the awful puns of Lawro and the...well...floppy chops of good ol' 'Arry.

It's what we're good at, you have to be round here or you might end up topping yourself

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will he take Connor with him to polish his shoes, brush his hair etc?

S

SimplyTheWolves

Good, pleased for him. At least Mick will tell things how they.
Good luck Mick.

A

Andy Grays perm

Saw a preview of him last night. It was brilliant and he was very, very funny. Oh hold on a minute the wife has told me it was actually Peter Kays' tour that was not a tour DVD.

D

Dorset DeWolf

I'm pleased about this, says it how it is, knows his stuff (yes he does!) and will always be up for an argument which makes good tv!

L

long ball man

Top pundit, Mick. He was very good on Radio 5 live last night, except for the fact it emerged he has no interest in cricket whatosever.

Charmed a hostile Reading crowd.

Interesting take was his view on young players in light of the new U21's league...

Can summarise as 'i would love to pick youngsters in my team but i need instant results so won't'. Also spoke a lot about benefits of loaning players in/out to give young players experience.

His comments v consistent with way he failed to nurture academy at Wolves and i have to say early signs under Stale quite similar...i.e. ship out kids to lower division teams and sign your own players.

Brian McDermott v complimentary about DoF model in the same discussion.,

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Presumably for his comedy value: remember 'Sympathy? It comes between $$$$ and syphilis in the dictionary'. Let's hope he's better at commenting on PL football than he was at getting his teams to play it. Does he have the lowest win ratio of any PL manager in history? If not he must be near it.

A

Andy Grays perm

Presumably for his comedy value: remember 'Sympathy? It comes between $$$$ and syphilis in the dictionary'. Let's hope he's better at commenting on PL football than he was at getting his teams to play it. Does he have the lowest win ratio of any PL manager in history? If not he must be near it.

Schhhhh. Not only does he have the lowest win ration of any PL manager with over 100 games - 16% but he also has the lowest win ratio of any eqivalent league manager in Europe. Now don't repeat that as you will change the myth, sorry history of him!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Schhhhh. Not only does he have the lowest win ration of any PL manager with over 100 games - 16% but he also has the lowest win ratio of any eqivalent league manager in Europe. Now don't repeat that as you will change the myth, sorry history of him!

Tits on a bull.

J

johnybig32

Made my Saturday night now :)

Who is doing the championship show?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad I don't need to watch it this season then.

Cba with him droaning on about players putting a shift in.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he sounded a little bit bitter last night talking about his sacking but apart from that he was good value.Very honest about waiting for another manager to get the sack so he could go for the job.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I look forward to the weekly threads where Mick says something on MOtD and a new thread starts where we all try and link his comments to the club in some way. A lot like that "regret" interview yesterday.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I look forward to the weekly threads where Mick says something on MOtD and a new thread starts where we all try and link his comments to the club in some way. A lot like that "regret" interview yesterday.

Yes, we're all going to wish he was sent to Asia to replace Shebby Singh.

Now there's another $$$$.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it possible we can stick to this thread then when his every word is being over-analysed? It would certainly save a new thread being created EVERY week...

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it possible we can stick to this thread then when his every word is being over-analysed? It would certainly save a new thread being created EVERY week...

You can see it coming:

Saturday 10.57 pm - Mick rips into Norwich defenders for poor marking at set piece

Saturday 10.58pm - Molineux Mix Meltdown

Sunday 1am - Meltdown begins to subside. New Thread created by Wagstaffe Was Magic entitled 'Loving You is Sweeter than Ever'.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This, exactly this.

$$$$sake, this is terrible news. More opportunity for his lovers to cream over him? I wish this bloke would just go away I am sick to death of hearing and reading about him now.

Coffs Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
He's known for years knew he couldn't cut the mustard as a decent manager. That's why he's been cultivating his "Bluff, tell it like it is" image for a gig on the box.

J

johnybig32

He's known for years knew he couldn't cut the mustard as a decent manager. That's why he's been cultivating his "Bluff, tell it like it is" image for a gig on the box.

Someone please have a word.

D

Deleted member 3573J

The mix used to the place to look for breaking Wolves news, now it's full of people obsessed with how many threads are started on the same subject. The Kightly thread for example, would it have really mattered if a new thread was started to break the news that he'd finally signed for Stoke? You have to go to the end of the 104 page thread then back 6 pages to find the news that he'd signed.

If Mick or McCarthy or MM is in the thread title then it's likely to be a thread about Mick McCarthy, if you're fed up of reading about him then just don't click on the title. I know some people feel the need to comment on every single thread, but you really don't.

Ulver

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both are dire pundits/analysts. Shocking that they ditch Lee Dixon, probably the only pundit with any credit from the last few year's coverage and replace him with these clowns.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actions will no doubt speak a damn sight louder than words....!

L

long ball man

Both are dire pundits/analysts. Shocking that they ditch Lee Dixon, probably the only pundit with any credit from the last few year's coverage and replace him with these clowns.

Well Redknapp certainly is a clown, no argument there.

But McCarthy, really?

One of the few (ex) player/manager types who does criticise people as opposed to sit on the fence for fear of upsetting potetial future employers (hello Mr Shearer)

Perhaps its a case of people not seeing past Mick McCarthy ex Wolves manager to see merit of Mick McCarthy pundit. I suffer from the same myopia whenever Glenn Hoddle appears on screen.

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD should have had a clean sweep. Hansen has been there too long, Linekar is too predictable and Shearer is too thick. All 3 of them should be shown the door ASAP, with JAKE humphries probably the best of a bad bunch to come in as a replacement. McCarthy and Redknapp to be joined by someone a bit different like Robbie Fowler.

Back
Top Bottom