Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Most Improbable Comeback award

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We might win something this season after all. I can only think of Spurs away at Leicester that would compete with Villa away, though they were only one goal down. Any others?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Maybe Spurs coming back at Leicester City. Losing 2-1 three minutes into injury time and then winning 3-2 with 2 goals in less than a minute.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Spurs coming back at Leicester City. Losing 2-1 three minutes into injury time and then winning 3-2 with 2 goals in less than a minute.

Depends whether their computer algorithm has "Big 6 Bias" programmed in!

It's being calculated by a program that simulates the matches 100,000 times from certain points to work out the likely outcomes. Alarm bells for me as in our Prediction League, it was using one of those same systems that ruined my season! Found one online that apparently simulated the matches etc and predicted a likely outcome. The 3 weeks I used it were the worst 3 weeks of the season. I went back to making it up and just putting 1-1 if I hadn't a clue (which is most of them) and got a big improvement.

Anyway, it should be our 3-2 against Villa. Local derby factor, too. While both are rare, I'd guess that a turnaround of 2 goals in injury time happens a bit more often than 3 in the last 12 minutes. And it would be nice for Villa to get an award, too, wouldn't it? :D

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, VAR will make sure it goes to one of the Six.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That coupled with the sheer impact that result has had on Spurs' season too. It's the difference between 4th and 5th.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Depends whether their computer algorithm has "Big 6 Bias" programmed in!

It's being calculated by a program that simulates the matches 100,000 times from certain points to work out the likely outcomes. Alarm bells for me as in our Prediction League, it was using one of those same systems that ruined my season! Found one online that apparently simulated the matches etc and predicted a likely outcome. The 3 weeks I used it were the worst 3 weeks of the season. I went back to making it up and just putting 1-1 if I hadn't a clue (which is most of them) and got a big improvement.

Anyway, it should be our 3-2 against Villa. Local derby factor, too. While both are rare, I'd guess that a turnaround of 2 goals in injury time happens a bit more often than 3 in the last 12 minutes. And it would be nice for Villa to get an award, too, wouldn't it? :D
I guess though that it is really more improbable to win a match when losing 3 minutes into injury time than winning one when you're 2-0 down with 10 minutes left. Both improbable but I'd better you'd have longer odds on the Spurs situation than the Wolves one.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On 95 minutes it was 2-1 to Leicester.

I'm sure I read Spurs is the latest a side have been losing a PL game that have then gone on to win.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As much as I loved our comeback at Villa, Spurs at Leicester was crazy.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way we're playing, surely it should be our heroic comeback against Norwich. 1-0 down with only 35 mins to go against a team that wanted it more than the Old Gold. And we had Hwang on the field as well.
That's a massive point (excuse the pun), but having only come back from behind and winning 4 points all season, we were only 1 goal away from nearly doubling our tally, not enough credit for what was a massive performance if you ask me ;)

Back
Top Bottom