Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

R

robwolf

Obviously very happy for the lad. It also possibly explains his cameo last night. Whoever manages England u17s must have told him to prove he's back available before the squad announcement

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that Scott Sellars has said he wanted to play him for 45 mins last night but was specifically told only 30 mins. Nuno calling the shots! Tims Spiers said a few weeks back that Nuno was excited to see Gibbs White play. He could have a part to play for us this season in a long hard season.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could he potentially play the "central" role of the front three?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will probably be shoved wing back like Graham and Ronan.

R

robwolf

Could he potentially play the "central" role of the front three?

Hes a centre mid, surely we'd be better off seeing if Donovan Wilson can play up top before trying to change one of our brightest prospects position.

T

TacticalWolf88

A great talent. Our best so far I have seen imo. Both footed, elegant, athleticism, technique, vision, passing can carry the ball and the one that stands out for me, his decision making

Watching him in midfield amongst Saivet and Colback I saw enough in 30 mins

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes a centre mid, surely we'd be better off seeing if Donovan Wilson can play up top before trying to change one of our brightest prospects position.
Donovan Wilson is a "on the shoulder" type of forwards.

We dont play with those. Doesnt fit Nuno's system.

T

that bloke there

England play all three group games in Kolkata. The first match is against Chile on Sunday, and a crowd of 50,000 is expected. This match is live on Eurosport 2, kick off 12.30.

G

German Wolf

England play all three group games in Kolkata. The first match is against Chile on Sunday, and a crowd of 50,000 is expected. This match is live on Eurosport 2, kick off 12.30.

Wonder if Danny Batth has been lined up to commentate or do pre and post match analysis by Indian tv or say, Eurosport. Would make total sense.

KTF UTW

T

that bloke there

Wonder if Danny Batth has been lined up to commentate or do pre and post match analysis by Indian tv or say, Eurosport. Would make total sense.

KTF UTW
This is a good point, and if it was outside the season I would have loved to see him involved. As it is, he would only really be able to do the first round of matches, and the tournament lasts until the end of the month. FIFA have posted this on twitter: https://twitter.com/FIFAcom/status/914843516223852544 It sounds as if it's going to be presented from India itself, rather than with the presentation being dubbed onto live video as with the African Cup of Nations. So everybody in English-speaking nations will get the same commentary and presentation, all organised by FIFA itself, if I am understading what she is saying. Eurosport is not mentioned anywhere, although they will be carrying it for us. The more I think about it though the more I think that I am probably misunderstanding.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These played in the European Championships over the summer? Lost on penalties after conceding a last minute goal in final? Hows it the World cup already?

This is interesting, although I'm not convinced that it isn't a spoof or bluff: to combat age-group cheating, all the players are having their wrists scanned for evidence that they have stopped growing: http://www.news18.com/news/sports/fifa-u-17-world-cup-age-cheats-under-scanner-1535583.html

Incidentally, it starts today and many games are on Eurosport or something similar. England play their first game Sunday.

Has to be a bluff surely, don't see how it will work in all cases.

T

that bloke there

These played in the European Championships over the summer? Lost on penalties after conceding a last minute goal in final? Hows it the World cup already?
I think the top few of the Euros qualify for the World Cup: it is used as the qualification tourney.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the top few of the Euros qualify for the World Cup: it is used as the qualification tourney.

Suppose makes sense, as they only have 2 years max at that age group. Impressed by them over summer, am i right in think Morgan Gibbs-white was on fringes of first team before injury?

T

that bloke there

Suppose makes sense, as they only have 2 years max at that age group. Impressed by them over summer, am i right in think Morgan Gibbs-white was on fringes of first team before injury?
Yes; eight appearances for first team already. Pretty impressive for his age.

D

Deleted member 4152

A great talent. Our best so far I have seen imo. Both footed, elegant, athleticism, technique, vision, passing can carry the ball and the one that stands out for me, his decision making

Watching him in midfield amongst Saivet and Colback I saw enough in 30 mins
Apparently he's also a really nice lad.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kick off at 12.30. On Eurosport 2 for those interested. Gibbs White on bench.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sancho is a talent, hopefully this is a good experience for MGW.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sancho and Foden look really special. Hudson-Odoi and Brewster ain't bad either... makes watching England enjoyable for a change!

Back
Top Bottom