Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

More Portuguese players than Porto

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A leading article from the Daily Mail i come across with the usual Mendes little digs:-

How Wolves have as many Portuguese players as Porto! | Daily Mail Online

Interesting reading the comments below that a fair few on there welcoming us and looking forward to see us play and how we get on, there's even an Albion fan that was saying fair play.

We are going to receive a lot of hate,jealousy and suspicion this season though if we do as well as we hope - think we should laugh and rise above it.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I've said it before, I don't care if our players come from Portugal or Penn, as long as they wear the shirt with pride, I'll support them unequivacally (think that's the word lol).

Stuff like this annoys me (it shouldn't I know, but it does lol), because it's basically saying we're wrong to sign this many Portugese players. We can sign whoever we like, from wherever we like.

R

reanswolf

The vast majority of fans really don't care about nationality as long as they care about Wolves.
I said at the meeting (sorry just remembered) how fans loved the way the current players appeared to love the shirt and being at the club, showing great respect. I would love players like this to represent Wolves the rest of my life.
I truly love them all for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The other thing I like about our Portuguese players is that they are really grounded, modest individuals, there are no big egos or bad attitudes. This applies to all of our squad to be honest and this shows the principles that are being instilled into them. I don’t think bad apples will be tolerated in this regime.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all fairness they are right, we do have a lot of players from Portugal. It's clearly club policy in a project that's successful so far.

R

reanswolf

I'm sure its not coincidental that Mendes is Portuguese, but that market is fantastic for us - in terms of value for money. And the character of the individuals is first rate.
If the English market represented value for money I'm sure they would look there.
Very financially astute are Wolves, surely the envy of many clubs.

PTW

Reaction score
I'm sure its not coincidental that Mendes is Portuguese, but that market is fantastic for us - in terms of value for money. And the character of the individuals is first rate.
If the English market represented value for money I'm sure they would look there.
Very financially astute are Wolves, surely the envy of many clubs.
Problem will come when the results don't happen, probably will be the same question as Newcastle with the French, only difference is maybe the fact Nuno is Portuguese he is better suited to handle those problems than Pardew with the French. :D

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think many real football fans will love watching us play.
Who cares about the bigots . They are bigots .

dennison11

Reaction score
Why are we discussing an article in that absolute dog **** of a rag The Daily Fail?

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It sounds like Jeff intimated that he would like to bring in British players but we are struggling to attract them at the moment, luckily the Portuguese lads are buying into Nuno’s project so I think we will muddle through.

M

manky codpiece

A bigot is someone who is prejudiced and intolerant of anyone that disagrees with them.
Ring any bells ?
I care not a jot where players come from they have been coming for a very long time.
Everyone will know that no club could compete with just British players,that ship has sailed.

N

nicko69

"The Fosun/Mendes Project" will get more media attention for certain this season - much more than last season.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who cares? The world has grown up.

Back
Top Bottom