Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Moment of the Season

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Admittedly this could change, the final whistle against Everton could lead to a very poignant moment for a lot of people, but although we've generally had a crap season we've still managed a few good moments that have stood out. Ait-Nouri and his 95th minute winner in Lopetegui's first game, smashing Liverpool, Neves v Liverpool, the celebration after the penalty against Palace when you could tell they knew it was mission accomplished, there are a few

Personally, I'm going for Joao Gomes after scoring the winner at Southampton. The chase for him, the hype, the narrative with the fight to get him here as well as his own determination to honour the move he'd agreed to, then come on for your debut with fifteen minutes left in a game where we were a man and a goal down, blowing out his **** after ten minutes, scores the winner, and can't hold back the tears after it!

Loved it!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti’s winner at Anfield, the catalyst for our FA cup win and first major honours in decades!

If you want one that VAR didn’t take away from us then probably Neves wheeling away to celebrate our 3rd against Liverpool at home in the league. Honestly can’t remember the last time we ended a game so comfortable rather than breathing a sigh of relief at the final whistle!

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree RAN'S goal against Everton followed by Sa's penalty save against Forest.
Yeah I think Sa's save was definitely the highlight of the season pre-World Cup, plus that video behind the Forest player that was celebrating the goal before Sa saved it!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Toti’s winner at Anfield, the catalyst for our FA cup win and first major honours in decades!

If you want one that VAR didn’t take away from us then probably Neves wheeling away to celebrate our 3rd against Liverpool at home in the league. Honestly can’t remember the last time we ended a game so comfortable rather than breathing a sigh of relief at the final whistle!
The oles at the end of that Liverpool game were pretty sweet.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There are a few, as already mentioned. RAN’s goal at Everton and Gomes at Saints but I think the Neves pen, sealing the victory against Palace is the one because in my mind, that was Wolves staying in the Prem.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd say the Nunes volley against Chelsea is up there. Not just because it's the goal of the season for me, but because we were wobbling quite badly at that stage. The six home points against them and Brentford conclusively righted the ship to safety.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Michael Beale saying no.

Seriously though, either Ait-Nouris winner at Everton or Gomes at Southampton.

Air Wolf 90

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama’s goal against Spurs at home for me. We were so bad first half I was convinced we’d go down.
Not the player of 19/20 any more but still helped us turn the corner.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Probably wrong thread but 95th minute Swansea winner and then smugly reading the meltdown on their forum and them knowing that they are possibly going to be insignificant at best in future.

But as others have said final whistle against the Vile - we've won were staying up and (hopefully) ruined their European aspirations

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First half of the season, the best moment was when the season stopped for the World Cup.

Second half, I’d go with the Liverpool game.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keeping the ball for the last two or three minutes at home to Liverpool.
This is up there.

For me, seeing Lopetegui introduced to the fans against Arsenal. Walking around the pitch and getting the crowd going. I’m still staggered we got him. And at the point, despite being cut adrift, I knew we would be ok.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes winner at Southampton was a brilliant moment, only be outdone if we do those horrible *******s tomorrow. Looking forward to it, despite the ****ing train strikes cutting my beer time down.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa's been getting some stick lately, but a couple of peno saves ensured points early in the campaign. Saved from Mitrovic to earn us a point and saved from Johnson to ensure we won the game.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is up there.

For me, seeing Lopetegui introduced to the fans against Arsenal. Walking around the pitch and getting the crowd going. I’m still staggered we got him. And at the point, despite being cut adrift, I knew we would be ok.
I expected him to come out wave and go back in but when he did a lap of the pitch i thought wow we’ve got a proper boss here.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pre World Cup, despite it being **** was Bueno being given a chance and taking it.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beating a really tough Crystal Palace side was a big moment for me, as it meant we were 'virtually' safe. You could tell by the way the manager and players celebrated at the final whistle that they probably realised this.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes goal against Chelsea for me. It helps that i was at the right end of the Billy Wright to see it. But it was an incredible strike and an electrifying moment that galvanised the crowd and the team. First game without Neves as well iirc, and Gomes and Lemina in midfield were unbreakable from there on in. Crucial moment in moving us towards safety.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa win to stay up but also the fact the week before the players were total **** away at Brighton. So to come back and show battle was really nice
Especially Neto's 100 yard run down and across the pitch to tackle out for a throw in .

Back
Top Bottom