Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux redevelopment

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All that needs to happen is Nuno leave and we are absolutely screwed.
The whole club and project revolves around him.
The ambition is admirable but walk before we can run

hey.... you know how fosun found nuno….. I daresay they can find other managers. admittedly he's in pretty deep, but it's true

R

reanswolf

reans, a few years ago, now, I read an article in the matchday programme on Molineux expansion using Steve Morgan plans.
It mentioned the footprint of a bigger new Steve Bull stand would use up much of the space you mention in front of the current stand.
I guess the footprint would be for something like a 13 to 14k sized stand.
Absolutely, it would increase the capacity and address the lack of hemmed in atmosphere that is so evident at Molineux simply due to the distance from side stands to pitch.
This is really important for me and hopefully Jeff sees this when he goes to grounds like Anfield and realises why such grounds are so formidable .

I know these things are not straightforward of course but football ground design at its best maximises atmosphere.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have seats!!

Temporary stand seats currently parked up on a trailer outside main entrance....and they're black not green.
great news - about time. I presume they just bolt them in and it won't take long. I guess they come already in rows etc. I didn't go on Saturday but from the photos it looked miles from being ready, so quite surprised.

W

wolvesultra

great news - about time. I presume they just bolt them in and it won't take long. I guess they come already in rows etc. I didn't go on Saturday but from the photos it looked miles from being ready, so quite surprised.
Yeah they seemed to be on the wagon but already in rows (of at least 10) so hopefully relatively quick job then get the 'floor boards' in after.

I presumed that the flooring goes in before but looks like nothings happened for about 2 weeks, someone mentioned delay with the seats so that's maybe why.

Be touch and go for Saturday though, reckon it could be done if they really wanted it to be.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
We have seats!!

Temporary stand seats currently parked up on a trailer outside main entrance....and they're black not green.
Thanks for the update wolvesultra.
I was expecting gold seats.. but black seats are better than green.
Hopefully, they will go in quickly, probably ready in time for the Man City game.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe. Interesting angle. They could easily “do a spurs” and slightly move the ground. They dont need lots of ground level car parking. It could be buried or multi storey and make much better use of the land. It may also be he is in negotiation with carilion’s liquidator who own a ransom strip
Did someone say Liquidator?

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I assume the seats will be put in place before Sat because I thought the tickets in the temp stand had been sold ?

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I assume the seats will be put in place before Sat because I thought the tickets in the temp stand had been sold ?
I hope the seats will quickly be in place for Saturday, and put on sale asap but time is running out.

Last edited:

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To all the people wondering if we'll fill a 50k stadium, remember historical attendeces dont matter in 2018, the city and surrounding areas have an increased population since our 50s to 70s hey day, and the world wide pull of the premier league will sell more tickets particularly if we show ambition and do well.

Noweimannnocry

Reaction score
We have seats!!

Great news.

Black seats make sense to me, possible use in the expansion of the SB. Got the feeling we will go black behind both goals. This is presuming we stay put of course :p

W

wolvesultra

I hope the seats will quickly be in place for Saturday, and put on sale asap but time is running out.
I can't see it I'm afraid, sure they could if they really wanted but get it done, signed off and sell tickets the pace its been so far. Be lucky if its open for City.

I really hope its open for Burnley as I plan on going in there for that.

cannockwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I would imagine getting such a low number of special ordered colour seats would be restrictive and expensive where black ones would come out of stock (so to speak)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would imagine getting such a low number of special ordered colour seats would be restrictive and expensive where black ones would come out of stock (so to speak)

Black makes sense, both for the reason given by @cannockwolf but also because the edges/corner of the North Bank are black

W

wolvesultra

I hope this delay with the temporary stand doesn't mean its not on Fifa 19

W

Will Wolf

I would be very surprised if it was open for the Everton game given how the stand looked on Saturday, but stranger things have happened

My guess is it will be ready by City

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope this delay with the temporary stand doesn't mean its not on Fifa 19
It will have already been modelled by now. Depends whether EA were made aware of the intention to re-open it as to whether they put any spectator models in there. Otherwise it will just have the black cover with the Academy advertisement on it.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

Offloading the seats for the temporary stand as I just drove past
So Pat at the museum was correct. He did also tell me that they would be in for Everton...I don't believe that myself, there's some serious graft to be had if it is

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To all the people wondering if we'll fill a 50k stadium, remember historical attendeces dont matter in 2018, the city and surrounding areas have an increased population since our 50s to 70s hey day, and the world wide pull of the premier league will sell more tickets particularly if we show ambition and do well.
Another thing to note is the modern phenomena of some fans following a player rather than a club.

The bigger we get the more of these "fans" we attract.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Pat at the museum was correct. He did also tell me that they would be in for Everton...I don't believe that myself, there's some serious graft to be had if it is

I assume that if the foundation work has all been completed in advance, the seats and supporting structure so go up/in, in a couple of days max.

D

Deleted member 3518

And how many of these clubs were the money ran out or the owners got bored or it didn't go to plan are now stuck in out of town, half empty souless bowls with no identity.

Will Fosun be here in 25 years? I very much doubt it, move from Molineux and that can never be reversed!! I'll fight it with every breath I have if it every happens. Anyone got any chains and a big **** off padlock I can borrow.

Be along side you mate, Wolves is Molineux and Molineux is Wolves, simple!!

W

wolvesultra

Well they ain't exactly putting the overtime in. When I can past about 5.15pm the seats were up by that corner (and a fenced off area around) but no workmen about.

Agree can't see it being ready for Everyone now.

L

Lincoln-WOLF

I assume that if the foundation work has all been completed in advance, the seats and supporting structure so go up/in, in a couple of days max.
Then you've got to allow for the online ticket site to have its 12 hour crash due to demand too

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A snap of the seats arriving this morning from Twitter - will be amazed but kinda not surprised if it's done and ready for Saturday, knowing the clubs hope of a full house!

albert blakeway on Twitter
Dj60UHEX0AY7geF.jpg:large

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Carillion's Official Receiver has done it's job, with all but remaining 270 or so contacts transferred over today in an announcement.

Hopefully for a Wolves perspective, it will mean the South Bank Car Park will be ours shortly - that being providing that the club won an auction in July!

Carillion contracts complete transfer

Last edited:

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
any pics of the corner stand? Presume they are frantically bolting the rows of seats in, as looks like they come pre-made and they just bolt them in

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The area was fenced off today, lots of new metal going in, 4 guys there. Very different to the old one
Thanks for the update. Be great to see any pics if anyone passes. Sounds like they are getting on with it. I guess they couldn’t do anymore until the seats turned up

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
At least four guys from Areana working on it. Steel steps built, but I didn't see any seats in position. My guess is it will go down to the wire regarding Everton. They would easily sell out the stand even if tickets went on sale Saturday morning.

Back
Top Bottom