Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Molineux Museum visit

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Hi all,

i was hoping to take my 2 kids up to the molineux museum whilst the wife is away tomorrow, as i’ve never been and wanted a day out that didn’t depend on the weather. I’m a bit confused on the opening times though looking at the wolves site. It looks like it’s only open fri-sat. Is that accurate? I would chance the ticket office to check but i always get nothing but a ‘call back later’ voicemail message.

Also has anyone been up with wee ones before? Mine are 2 & 4. Granted the 2 year old may not be massively interested in the historic stuff but she can get stuck into the interactive bits!?

cheers all!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not 100% sure of time but think you my be out of luck think it's generally Fri , Sat and Sun and only open Mon-Thur if it's a matchday (open earlier at weekends if matchday)

There are a few things in the interactive zone for kids which is all in the one corner of the museum be even then probably aimed at a bit older than 2
in the rest of the museum there are a few bits here and there aimed at kids and some interactive screens, videos etc

Time wise you could spend a couple of hours in there to take a good look at everything (maybe a bit long for kids), but if not busy (and it usually isn't that busy, particularly non match days)
you could have a reasonable look round everything in an hour

Non matchday opening times

Fridays 11am – 4pm

Saturdays 11am – 4pm

Sundays 11am – 4pm

Matchday opening times

The last advised entry to the Museum on home matchdays will be 90 minutes before kick off

Open times
Monday - Friday 3pm
Saturday 9am
Sunday 10am

Ticket prices

Adults £7

Concessions £4.50

Family* £18

*2 adults & 2 concessions - To purchase a family ticket please select 2 Family Adult and 2 Family Junior tickets and add to basket

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
not 100% sure of time but think you my be out of luck think it's generally Fri , Sat and Sun and only open Mon-Thur if it's a matchday (open earlier at weekends if matchday)

There are a few things in the interactive zone for kids which is all in the one corner of the museum be even then probably aimed at a bit older than 2
in the rest of the museum there are a few bits here and there aimed at kids and some interactive screens, videos etc

Time wise you could spend a couple of hours in there to take a good look at everything (maybe a bit long for kids), but if not busy (and it usually isn't that busy, particularly non match days)
you could have a reasonable look round everything in an hour

Non matchday opening times

Fridays 11am – 4pm

Saturdays 11am – 4pm

Sundays 11am – 4pm

Matchday opening times

The last advised entry to the Museum on home matchdays will be 90 minutes before kick off

Open times
Monday - Friday 3pm
Saturday 9am
Sunday 10am

Ticket prices

Adults £7

Concessions £4.50

Family* £18

*2 adults & 2 concessions - To purchase a family ticket please select 2 Family Adult and 2 Family Junior tickets and add to basket

thanks for the reply! I suspected as much but was hoping the wolves site had just not been updated or something. Saves me travelling from Birmingham to be disappointed. Looks like it’s a trip to wacky warehouse today then!

M

Mr Wolf

Still never been round the museum, one of those things that never occurs to me to do. Heard it’s quite good.

D

Deleted member 5276

I was lucky enough to take a look around the museum a year or so ago on a trip to the UK. PumpKing kindly arranged for my visit and I spent a happy two + hours in the museum taking photos. If you'd like to take a look, they start at the following link :

Wolverhampton Wanderers - FloridaLeisure

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom