Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Missing Ruben?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night we won ugly but we won and we are now 10 points clear of third. We played in flashes but lacked our usual cohesion and fluidity especially in the second half when Gleeson came on for Blues. For me it simply re-inforced just how important Neves is to this team. Glad he will be back on Saturday.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Any team would miss their best and most influential midfielder but some of the football we played in the first half was as good as anything we have produced so far this season. Saiss and N'Diaye both contributed significantly to this and I would have given them an 8 out of 10 for their performances in the first period.

They, and the team, dropped off pretty significantly in the second half but again, they played a part in restricting Blues to not having a single attempt on our goal. 6 out of 10 for both in the second half so a steady 7 overall.

Obviously Neves comes straight back in but N'Diaye showed that he is decent competition/back-up for the first choice pairing.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
*Neves’ biggest fan claxon*

At least this dispels the myth that some (though admittedly only very few) fans perpetuate that Neves isn’t critical to the way we play.

He’s extremely effective but also an absolute joy to watch. Everything he does is stylish and effortless. One of my biggest highlights of the season has been watching him play every week.

Cheers Uncle Jorge!

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
By their standards, the forwards missed some decent-Ish chances. And generally we gave the ball away a bit more cheaply than usual - Jota as guilty as anyone (despite his phenomenal work-rate)

Most games however, they convert those chances and the team in general relaxes and switches to cruise control

If we hadn't been creating those opportunities, I'd be worried

But I'm not

D

Deleted member 3751

Any team outside the top six in the PL would miss Neves. I don't think it's quite as big a miss as last night made it look (Saiss and N'Diaye were slightly off it for me) but he has to go straight back in

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any team would miss their best and most influential midfielder but some of the football we played in the first half was as good as anything we have produced so far this season. Saiss and N'Diaye both contributed significantly to this and I would have given them an 8 out of 10 for their performances in the first period.

They, and the team, dropped off pretty significantly in the second half but again, they played a part in restricting Blues to not having a single attempt on our goal. 6 out of 10 for both in the second half so a steady 7 overall.

Obviously Neves comes straight back in but N'Diaye showed that he is decent competition/back-up for the first choice pairing.
This^

Some of the first half play was sublime and shows just how much Nuno has instilled the system on the whole squad now. I'm not saying that I wouldn't fret a little if Neves got a long term injury but I'm not a tenth as fearful of his absence as I would have been at the start of the season.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every team misses their best players, and we are without doubt a worse team, without a full Portugese International in it.

M

merseawolf

Neves and N'Diaye against Sunderland. They were excellent at Norwich. I think N'Diaye is a good partner for Neves. Has a great engine and is a powerfull force. Nothing against Saiss at all i think he is a fine player. Sunderland will want a battle on Saturday. Similar to last night. N'Diaye should keep his place in my opinion.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Saïss was top drawer last night, played really well until late in the game when he started to tire. It's then that introducing N'Diaye is useful as he isn't afraid to put a tackle in. Saïss and Neves have to start together whenever possible.

M

merseawolf

I thought Saïss was top drawer last night, played really well until late in the game when he started to tire. It's then that introducing N'Diaye is useful as he isn't afraid to put a tackle in. Saïss and Neves have to start together whenever possible.
Yet Neves and N'Diaye were so dominant at Norwich. What a great dilema for Nuno. All 3 are different types of players and will suit different games. I think we will see a fair bit of rotation over Xmas.

E

Essex Wolf

As Tring says any team would miss their best player but to play away in a local derby against a side fighting for survival and win shows the mind set of the side. The first half Wolves were totally dominant and could/should have gone in at H/T with at least a 0-2 lead. Will never know now but at 0-2 down I think blouse would have already been dead and buried but with just one goal in it they always have that chance to take something from the game.

As merseawolf says Neves and N'Diaye were superb at Norwich but Nuno knows best and will choose the side he feels is the best and right choice.

D

Deleted member 4124

We've won ugly with Neves in the side as well tbh. We've got amazing depth and N'Diaye is more than capable as our third choice midfielder.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We was comfortable without him Blues didn’t do much all game. Price is the passer whereas N’DIAYE breaks up the play a bit more with his physical attributes

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I disagree with your comment that "some of the football played in the first half was as good as anything we have produced so far this season". Although we were in complete control we did not have the same attacking fluency as when Neves is playing. I also do not see N'Diaye as completion for Neves, who is peerless in our squad. N'Diaye is a good player who in my view provides strong completion for Saiss.

Back
Top Bottom