Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

minimum requirements in January

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's been a slow day and I'm a bored out of my head so.

Who do we NEED to sign in January, minimum.

I'll start it off with Graham, Pacey striker and attacking midfielder.

Anything less and I'm going to be annoyed and angry!

F

FLEET WOLF

Prepared to be annoyed and angry. Doyle will be paraded as the pacey striker (!) (or Sig), whilst Boukari will be rolled out as the attacking (wide) midfielder!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can forget Graham as I read only last week how he's determined to force his way back into the Sunderland team next year.

E

Essex Wolf

What's needed in January Dan is no different to what was needed end of last season but wasn't obtained. The season began and what was needed was still obvious yet another two transfer windows came and went with the surface barely scratched.

The minimum requirements, albeit just my POV, is 4 players. Two strikers, hard grafting midfielder and a quality CH. Needless to say what I think is needed and what Wolves will get will be a long way apart so expect maybe 2 signings of players that won't make enough if any real difference.

I agree with Fleet as well re old players. If fit Doyle will be hailed as a player reborn, Siggy will have renewed confidence after his spell away and now under a new manager whilst Boukari, who has featured so rarely, will for some viewed literally be seen as a new signing.

Johnson will still be hanging round like a bad smell and his wages the cause of delaying what's needed whilst Morgan will tell Moxey to tell us the bomb squad is having no effect of new player signings and KJ will say Wolves have looked really hard but have been just plain unlucky, amazingly, AGAIN.:rolleyes:

But hey at least KJ knows how important January is.

More talk or action this time?

M

Mr Wolf

The class of player we need won't be available in January.

What is the obsession with pace also, give me Steven Fletcher over Agbonlahor anyday of the week. Movement & quality finishing is whats needed not sheer pace.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The reaction when we sell Sako and get a couple of frees in will be something to behold!

W

wolvesultra

What is the obsession with pace also, give me Steven Fletcher over Agbonlahor anyday of the week. Movement & quality finishing is whats needed not sheer pace.

I would tend to agree normally but the way KJ wants us to/the team plays we need a pacey central striker.

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
An improvement of overall quality in the "spine" positions - bare minimum of these 3 players.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pacey striker is definatly required. I don't think in terms of the final third Jackett knows how else to play. Infact, right now I don't think KJ knows how to play other than one way which IMO we got away with in League One and have now been found out in the Championship. Sit deep, bit deeper, then a bit more deeper.. then try to hit teams on the break playing the most slowest counter attacking football..

We need a footballing centre half, a midfield general and an alternative to Dicko.

Oh and if infact Sigurdarsson and Boukari do come back in January like that fantastic cliché of "new players", then $$$$$$$$ to it, put them in and give them a chance and see what they can do, they may well contribute - but no, not us Wolves fans, we just use it as another stick to beat the board with. Jesus :rolleyes::rolleyes:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pacey striker for certain, Afobe please. Attacking midfield player- Knockaert, Centre back and Danny Graham.

E

Essex Wolf

Will be hard to find for sure but feel there will be some available MW but just not for what Wolves would want to pay.

And pace isn't the be all and end all but it does help and with the way KJ sets his sides up a must if Wolves are to improve.

The reaction when we sell Sako and get a couple of frees in will be something to behold!

But then again people will have had more time to acclimatise to failure and Wolves cashing in.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Allowing for the fact that Sicko and Sako will be unavailable for part of Jan, you could argue that we need two strikers a wide player a destructive midfielder and a centre half. We will be lucky to get two of them.
Boukari if ever fit and Siggy may find themselves in contention again. Hause, Iorfa and Eusebio could improve the squad or they may not. Price may improve the central midfield or he may not. Jacobs could improve his form, RvLP could look like a decent number 10.

The fact of the matter is we may have players in the club that could improve things. I feel almost certain that some of them will be tried rather than opening the wallet, which is great if it works, but plays into the hands of the dissatisfied if it doesn't.

F

FLEET WOLF

A pacey striker is definatly required. I don't think in terms of the final third Jackett knows how else to play. Infact, right now I don't think KJ knows how to play other than one way which IMO we got away with in League One and have now been found out in the Championship. Sit deep, bit deeper, then a bit more deeper.. then try to hit teams on the break playing the most slowest counter attacking football..

We need a footballing centre half, a midfield general and an alternative to Dicko.

Oh and if infact Sigurdarsson and Boukari do come back in January like that fantastic cliché of "new players", then $$$$$$$$ to it, put them in and give them a chance and see what they can do, they may well contribute - but no, not us Wolves fans, we just use it as another stick to beat the board with. Jesus :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I take your point Walsall, but Sig has had his chance and not shown anything particularly, although I wouldn't rule out giving him a go, whilst Boukari, who knows what he is like really? We need some fresh blood, but I am not optimistic we shall get anything near what we require, based on what has been going on this season.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point Walsall, but Sig has had his chance and not shown anything particularly, although I wouldn't rule out giving him a go, whilst Boukari, who knows what he is like really? We need some fresh blood, but I am not optimistic we shall get anything near what we require, based on what has been going on this season.

Do not get me wrong Fleet, I am not trying to say "we do not need reinforcements because Sig/Boukari are coming back".. I am just trying to point out we should not rule them out, if just for the sake of using them as a stick to beat the club with.

P

Paul76

Minimum requirements for january:

1) New owner
2) New CEO
3) possibly new manager ( if poor run continues until January )
4) central defender
5) central midfielder
6) replacement for Sako
7) another striker to fill in for Dicko
8) New tea lady
9) New fans
10) New website.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1) New owner
2) New CEO
4) central defender
5) central midfielder
6) replacement for Sako
8) New tea lady
9) New fans
10) New website.

You forgot the stadium screens.

K

kwolf

1) New owner
2) New CEO
4) central defender
5) central midfielder
6) replacement for Sako
8) New tea lady
9) New fans
10) New website.

if only wolves did carlsberg as well :D

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
In order of priority for me:

1. A quality alternative to/partner for Dicko up front.
2. A quality box-to-box midfielder, preferably with leadership/Captaincy characteristics.
3. A quality centre-half, preferably with leadership/Captaincy characteristics. Being comfortable in possession would be a bonus.
4. A quality, creative Number 10.

Key word being quality. All killer, no (squad) filler.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Afobe, Graham, Hourihane and Mulgrew.

Boukair, Dicko and Golbourne fit will be a massive boost.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we sign Afobe? Surely not if he's on a season long loan to MK?

Minimum requirements for me are a striker, central midfielder (loan out Saville and Price) and a centre back.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we sign Afobe? Surely not if he's on a season long loan to MK?

Minimum requirements for me are a striker, central midfielder (loan out Saville and Price) and a centre back.

If we put in a permanent bid we could get Afobe.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we put in a permanent bid we could get Afobe.

Are you sure? I don't think I've ever heard of a team signing a player who's on loan at another club mid loan?

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Evening Standard says we are keeping tabs on Alex Pritchard, although Albion, Swansea and Brentford are all considering moves in January.

D

Deleted member 4152

I know what you mean fleet, but if it comes down to sig or leon.....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evening Standard says we are keeping tabs on Alex Pritchard, although Albion, Swansea and Brentford are all considering moves in January.

He would be a cracking signing but we should have gone for him in the summer. We wont get him now.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Too ruddy late now! We should've gone in for him in the summer.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
INS:
Experienced central defender.
Ball winning midfielder.
Pacy striker.

OUTS:
Leon Clarke - permanent please
Liam McAlinden - loan
Michael Jacobs - loan

We definitely require replacements for Sako and Dicko who will be at the Africa Cup and hopefully we have replacements on the very first day of January irrespective of them being loans or permanent deals.

D

Deleted member 4152

Whoever we get, if anyone, we need to get em pretty damn quick an all.

D

Deleted member 3604

Sako will ride his contract out and hopefully Graham will stay to the end. Seen some positive signs from Landell and Iorfa so I hope to see others given a go up front. The experienced players have to improve. Would be delighted if we get in a quality young central defender. Can't see the striker from heaven arriving until the Summer.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Ins:

A centre half who is better than the ones we currently have (Maguire?)
A winger to cover/replace Sako (Tom Ince?)
A defensive midfielder to complement McDonald (Coquelin?)
A pacy direct striker to cover Dicko (Afobe?)
An attacking player whose natural position is just off the striker (Knockaert?)

Outs:
Foley, Clarke, Doyle, Johnson, Margreitter, plus Boukari and Bjorn if Kenny decides they're not what he needs. McAlinden and Saville out on loan.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
I think including loans, we will be after four.

Even in the two relegation seasons, we brought three in (Frimpong, Bassong and Jonsson in the Premier League, then Gorkss, Robinson and Dicko in the Championship).

Admittedly, they were nearly all dire though...

D

Deleted member 3604

Ins:

A centre half who is better than the ones we currently have (Maguire?)
A winger to cover/replace Sako (Tom Ince?)
A defensive midfielder to complement McDonald (Coquelin?)
A pacy direct striker to cover Dicko (Afobe?)
An attacking player whose natural position is just off the striker (Knockaert?)

Outs:
Foley, Clarke, Doyle, Johnson, Margreitter, plus Boukari and Bjorn if Kenny decides they're not what he needs. McAlinden and Saville out on loan.

I estimate a spend of close to £15M there.

Back
Top Bottom