Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mind the gap Wolverhampton..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we have a whip around to buy this delusional ****er some Kleenex?

Wow, insightful analysis there. Gave up after 1m44, when I realised that the extent of his analysis was we scored, we “packed the box and hoped for the best”, and they “played us off the park”. Lucky he won’t need his passport anytime soon with a cold that bad.

JJ59

Reaction score
Ha, there's some really good content on YouTube, providers that engage you and manage high production values despite spending nothing. This guy ain't one of 'em.
Bill, totally off topic, but to to answer your question in the Villa verdict concerning Neto. He was rubbing his right knee, was that the problem knee?

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some melt on the Villa forum

“This is why it's easier for Brighton to make Europe.

Teams will raise their game against us because of our name, it makes it harder.

Wolves not turning up against Brighton would never ever happen to us.”

Is there a more arrogant and deluded fan base in the world?

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some melt on the Villa forum

“This is why it's easier for Brighton to make Europe.

Teams will raise their game against us because of our name, it makes it harder.

Wolves not turning up against Brighton would never ever happen to us.”

Is there a more arrogant and deluded fan base in the world?

This is why no one can stand them, no humility or awareness of where their club is at.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets not fight amongst ourselves over Villa FFS, they are a bigger club size wise due to having a much larger catchment area, we should be proud that we have such a rich history and have achieved so much coming from what is still a relatively small town/city

Blues have a bigger catchment area, it doesn't make you a bigger club. They are big in their own ego, nothing else.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets be honest, Villa were much the better side yesterday regardless of the result. Gonna be a few good years ahead for them and hopefully now with Julen we will be directly challenging them for top seven finishes.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Lets be honest, Villa were much the better side yesterday regardless of the result. Gonna be a few good years ahead for them and hopefully now with Julen we will be directly challenging them for top seven finishes.
Their fans have been saying that for the last few years. “Now we’re back promoted we’ll kick on now”. “Now we’ve stayed up on the last day we’ll kick on now”. “Now we’ve got Grealish we’ll kick in now”. “Now we’ve got £100m Grealish money we’ll kick on now”. “Now we’ve got Gerrard we’ll kick on now.” “Now we’ve got Emery we’ll kick on now”.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Their fans have been saying that for the last few years. “Now we’re back promoted we’ll kick on now”. “Now we’ve stayed up on the last day we’ll kick on now”. “Now we’ve got Grealish we’ll kick in now”. “Now we’ve got £100m Grealish money we’ll kick on now”. “Now we’ve got Gerrard we’ll kick on now.” “Now we’ve got Emery we’ll kick on now”.

I think with Emery though it is a real possibility. They have a good squad and good manager now.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

**** Villa Jade, I am sure you will agree. All mouth, no trousers. Are we still allowed to say that?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand this assessment. They've had a bunch of shots that caused little to no problems.

We had more clear cut chances, they had more shots blocked. Maybe they should have blocked one more of our shots and got a point.

The game I watched, we were not second best. We were better in attack than them and better when defending.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
No that’s not what I saw yesterday we weren’t second best plus I don’t think Emery is better than lopetegui. They still haven’t exceeded our first two pl seasons under nuno either.
Next season will be an interesting battle between the two teams I reckon

John Wolves Fan

Groupie
Reaction score
We got the early goal and then rode our luck a bit but hung on for the 3 points. Nice to get one over them lot as they have motored beyond us this season but with the right signings in the summer hopefully we can reduce the gap and get back into the top half.

In terms of fanbases if we're honest theirs is bigger around the country but we have great support around the West Midlands but we have a proper set of fans.

I would also say a trophy comparison is not one we're likely to win given we haven't even made a major cup final since Ronald Reagan became president!

Let them be them and we'll be us. In J Lo we trust!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No that’s not what I saw yesterday we weren’t second best plus I don’t think Emery is better than lopetegui. They still haven’t exceeded our first two pl seasons under nuno either.
Next season will be an interesting battle between the two teams I reckon
An interesting 6 points for us!! SOTV

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure they were much the better side. The game was fairly even and on clear chances we maybe had the edge. Possession of the ball isn't everything as our two recent home defeats have illustrated.

WinchWolf

Reaction score
I haven't lived in the Midlands for 45 years. I lived in London and in London Comunter towns, before I moved abroad 32 years ago. I stay in Basingstoke , when I go back to the UK, which usually is for about 6 weeks a year.
In all that that time, I have only met one Villa fan. In Basingstoke, in Basingstoke, where most people support London teams, I. I have known 1 Blues fan and one Albion fan..I have known, or have telephone numbers of 157 Wolves fans in Basinstoke and 2 years ago met a Wolves fan, with his Wolves shirt on at the train station, who lives 6 doors away, from where I stay, when I come back tobthe UK. He posts on here.
I used to see a girl in the 80's in Basinstoke, who's father was the scorer at Basingstoke cricket club, he was born in Basingstoke, now in his 80"s and is a fanatical Wolves fan and He always walks around with a Wolves cap on.
I told the story on another thread last year, about meeting a Woman at the train station, who recognised I had a Midlands accent and told me her late husband was a fanataticL Wolves fan, who was born in the South but had followed Wolves all over the country, since the 50's and that she had lots of Wolves memorabilia in her attic, which included several hundred Wolves programmes. She took my phone number and later gave me all of the Wolves stuff he had collected, saying how happy he would be to leave it to another Wolves fan.
The manager at the gym I used in Basingstoke iwas a Wolves fanatic, he comes from Portsmouth. I could go on and on. Everyone I know, knows someone who isa Wolves fan and like I said at the beginning of the post, I have only known 1 Villa fan, outside of the Midlands.
I remember the away match at Bournemouth (in League One, I think) and the 2 Wolves mascots were from Boscombe and Bournemouth I think. I live in Winchester and come across a lot of Wolves fans, some season ticket holders like me, I've only come across Villa fans in the midlands.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Live on the coast in North Wales and apart from the Liverpool and Manchester clubs reckon I see more Wolves fans than any other club.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah of course but at least half our support comes from outside Wolverhampton.

Wolves represent the Black Country
Wolves wouldn't have had their success in the 50s without having the large working class catchment area of Bilston, Dudley, Cannock etc. And without the 50s success we wouldn't have had the national spread of support.
Also there isn't really a decent club for a large area west of Wolverhampton....so our catchment includes Staffordshire, Shropshire, mid Wales, decent amount of Worcestershire. Villa have got a lot all the way across to Evesham and up to Tamworth.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember the away match at Bournemouth (in League One, I think) and the 2 Wolves mascots were from Boscombe and Bournemouth I think. I live in Winchester and come across a lot of Wolves fans, some season ticket holders like me, I've only come across Villa fans in the midlands.

Was at Badgers Farm tonight, in Winchester with 2 Wolves fans, who were both born in Winchester.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure they were much the better side. The game was fairly even and on clear chances we maybe had the edge. Possession of the ball isn't everything as our two recent home defeats have illustrated.

They had 16 shots to our 6 and their xg was double ours. I can remember them having several very good openings as well, particularly first half and i can remember us having maybe two or three chances in total.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
I get a lift from Landywood railway station to the match and then catch the train back afterwards to Hednesford. After the Palace game the train was full off Villa fans who had played Fulham the same night and to be fair only a few gave me any grief.

As I was getting off the train one said mind the gap as you leave the train - I said hope you don't trip over your ego when you come to molineux. Think his ego has a big dent in it at the moment.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Deluded Villa fan at work today - his first comments were to me were ‘did you get the bus home as there was one parked on the pitch from the 15th minute’ then on about a blatant handball that they should of had - apparently they were saying it definitely was on Match of the day he reckons but I can’t remember it and can’t grind any mention of it in the match reports?

Back
Top Bottom