Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Millwall

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signed. I read up on this the other day.

Say what you want about Millwalls rep what's happening abhorrent. if the actions of Lewisham council aren't considered corruption then it must be very close to the line.

For those who don't know, Lewisham council are expected to ratify a compulsory purchase order tomorrow for the land in and around The Den. Former members of Lewisham council and the current mayor have links with the property developers eyeing up the land for new houses. The mayor isn't elected in Lewisham thanks to a Labour policy and isn't electorally accountable.

Millwall face relocating to Kent 75 miles away.

This issue doesn't just affect Millwall though, most councils are tapped out from austerity and making efficiencies, this could cause some councils of smaller clubs resorting to this too IMO.

I'd urge everyone to sign this.

D

Deleted member 4456

I've seen this in the paper. Apparently the ex-mayor of Lewisham is involved in a property deal that involves buying up land around the Den for redevelopment. The council didn't bother to consult the club on the plans, and approved them without taking any notice of the views of the club or anyone associated with it.

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
The club has also offered to buy the land surrounding the area which would include affordable housing, with The people buying they will create thousands of flats yet only 100 or so would be affordable housing.
Which of course was turned down.

D

Deleted member 4456

The club has also offered to buy the land surrounding the area which would include affordable housing, with The people buying they will create thousands of flats yet only 100 or so would be affordable housing.
Which of course was turned down.

The thing is, most of the land around the Den (including the path to the away end) is in Southwark. There isn't much scope to do anything. To my mind, it's an elaborate means of forcing the club out.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signed. I follow Danny Baker on Twitter (he's good value if you're interested) and he's enraged by this - quite rightly!

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
If Millwall do lose their stadium, could they not ground share with a nearby London club like Leyton Orient, until they sorted themselves out?

Orient may well be happy with the extra income, and Millwall relocating to a ground in Kent 75 miles away could well be fatal for them.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And wants everyone involved to get cancer, great guy!:(
Yeah, I'm sure he'd be the first to admit he's over the top with his outbursts but he loves his club like we love ours, so I guess a pinch of salt may be required when reading his tweets...

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Millwall do lose their stadium, could they not ground share with a nearby London club like Leyton Orient, until they sorted themselves out?

Orient may well be happy with the extra income, and Millwall relocating to a ground in Kent 75 miles away could well be fatal for them.

I think the police would object to Millwall pernamently moving to within two miles of West Ham's home stadium given the histories of both fan bases.

D

Deleted member 3518

Yeah, I'm sure he'd be the first to admit he's over the top with his outbursts but he loves his club like we love ours, so I guess a pinch of salt may be required when reading his tweets...

Be the first in line to support the vast majority of football clubs, however make an exception in this case, hope it goes through.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Councils do as they please unless you have the clout to stop them. I live down the road from where Hendon Football Club and the council overrode a covenant which only allowed the land to be used for recreation purposes to build houses. Disgraceful.
And for interests sake for those that dont know a certain game was played a few years back at that ground.
HENDON-v-WOLVERHAMPTON-WANDERERS-FLOODLIGHT-FRIENDLY-1962-3.jpg

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signed. It's bloody outrageous what they are trying to do. I have a lot of connections with S E London. The soul of the area is being ripped out through gentrification. Anyone been to the Elephant lately? Bloody ridiculous...studio flats at £500k plus! Property developers certainly don't give a **** about a football club, its supporters or the community.

D

Deleted member 4456

Signed. It's bloody outrageous what they are trying to do. I have a lot of connections with S E London. The soul of the area is being ripped out through gentrification. Anyone been to the Elephant lately? Bloody ridiculous...studio flats at £500k plus! Property developers certainly don't give a **** about a football club, its supporters or the community.

I looked at one before Christmas. They've actually made the area look even greyer.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gentrification ****ing destroys London, just rich ****ers mopping up the land and forcing the peasants to pay for it or move out.

B

Benson

I almost always love the old grounds and clubs and traditions, but.. I have problems with Millwall.
"Only whites allowed" in the stands is an attitude I cant back.

But I will read more about it later and might sign anyway. Dont want the club to die or move - just want their "supporters" to change..

D

Deleted member 3518

Regardless, you'd want to see a traditional club die? Pathetic.

If he's experienced a less than positive experience as have I, why is his opinion so pathetic, just because it's a traditional football club with a tradition of violence and racism?

S

ShropshireLad

I know a few Charlton fans and they definitely don't want Millwall to have to move as they fear that their owner, Duchatalet, will offer them the chance to share at the Valley in order to earn some bucks.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's experienced a less than positive experience as have I, why is his opinion so pathetic, just because it's a traditional football club with a tradition of violence and racism?
Because it's the death of a club, regardless, it's someones livelihood, passion and enjoyment, to wish that away on the back of some idiots it's rather cynical, and in my opinion, pathetic.

Plus, I have memories of him having a rather large disdain for MK Dons which is ironic considering that scenario has a very similiar notion to what happened to Wimbledon.

S

ShropshireLad

Yeah, I don't like them but I object to the council doing what they're doing and I'd rather they stayed there for everyone else's peace of mind.

One possible solution for them is to move out to Dartford.

D

Deleted member 3518

Yeah, I don't like them but I object to the council doing what they're doing and I'd rather they stayed there for everyone else's peace of mind.

Simple then vote the Council out, what's the general turnout under 30%, not many votes required if genuine support within the local community.

S

ShropshireLad

Simple then vote the Council out, what's the general turnout under 30%, not many votes required if genuine support within the local community.
That won't happen. It's solid Labour and most Millwall fans live south of Lewisham (and a minority of them will be Labour voters) which is why Dartford is regarded as an option for the move.

Last edited by a moderator:

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nearly started a thread on this earlier today but declined because of the inevitable division it would cause. Already getting nasty and will only get worse as people get triggered.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if you hate Millwall what about the homes?

.."Stop offshore developers, Renewal, from forcing Millwall FC and local residents to sell their land and leave their home."..

P

paddy

Don't care really
Signed papers mean squat
£££ all about the ££s
London is a dump but getting rid of sports facilities is wrong
How many locals watch football down there?

D

Deleted member 3518

Yeah, you are.

So a poster who, according to his post, has been physically assaulted more than once by the good old fans of Millwall couldn't care less about their future is "pathetic", have a word with yourself!:mad:

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So a poster who, according to his post, has been physically assaulted more than once by the good old fans of Millwall couldn't care less about their future is "pathetic", have a word with yourself!:mad:
Well, he can keep it to himself couldn't he, what's the point of 'let them burn, I got hurt, they deserve it.' The thread was on about those interested in keeping Millwall alive, why is he branding every Millwall fan as the same, should we brand all ourselves as absolute ****s because some Wolves fans consistently are? If we were facing the same scenario I'd rather hope the few idiots would be looked past and those who could help would consider the real fans of these clubs and what losing/moving would feel like.

So yes, I find it pathetic, deal with it.

Back
Top Bottom