Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Millwall / Jackett book again

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part way through this, and agree with others' views on how well it portrays Jackett. However, the number of times the author bangs on about Millwall being like no other club, as if nobody else has got passionate fans who demand 100% effort, ad nauseam, is really getting on my tits! Anyone else find this?!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In all honestly, I am fed up of hearing about this book.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm gonna get a copy to take on holiday, unless someone knows where i can pick up an ebook version gratis!

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Part way through this, and agree with others' views on how well it portrays Jackett. However, the number of times the author bangs on about Millwall being like no other club, as if nobody else has got passionate fans who demand 100% effort, ad nauseam, is really getting on my tits! Anyone else find this?!

Yes, the author seems to think millwall are the most unique, demanding, passionate, hard working blah blah team and fans ever. I just skipped over certain bits.

only got a few pages left but not found it as amazing as some on here portrayed it to be.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did enjoy the book, and still very much think he's the man for the job. But I must admit I did find his team talks rather uninspiring and a touch repetitive if I'm honest.

Also, I thought the last chapter fizzled out somewhat. I won't spoil the ending (although I'm sure you can guess what happens) but to spend so much time leading up to this event to just sweep over it for me was a bit of an anti-climax.

Apologies for offending our very own new found religious text, just a few observations of mine.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
I got it a while ago, but I still haven't picked it up.

molinew

Reaction score
Yes, the author seems to think millwall are the most unique, demanding, passionate, hard working blah blah team and fans ever. I just skipped over certain bits.

only got a few pages left but not found it as amazing as some on here portrayed it to be.

In fairness all of the pro-Millwall stuff is written in contrast to the negative press they so often receive, particularly in terms of their off the field work regarding families and racism

PREM.L.L

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assumed it was creating the siege mentality that the team fed on. That's how I read it.

A lot of the team ethic seems to be the old basics of aggression, speed, being first, giving 100% until you drop dead.

I would have thought there would have been more objection to this from the "Product" lovers who seem to think wafting around in Laura Ashley dresses would have got the results.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Millwall are on a different level to most clubs

Back
Top Bottom