Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mike Dean's Greatest Hits album - against Wolves

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A list of Dean's dodgy decisions that did result in or could have resulted in a goal against us or which denied us the chance to score a goal. These are my recollections in no particular order. Please add any I have missed or forgotten

1 Yesterday, home v Arsenal, 8th minute: a cluster **** of a decision between Attwell and Dean on VAR to deny us a stonewall penalty and at least a yellow card for the Arsenal player. Nothing given. Dean should have made Attwell take a closer look -- a potentially game changing moment early in the game. Arsenal win 2=0.

2 Home v Man U early last season: Pogba goes studs up over the top on Neves near the end of the match, could have broken his leg, Dean reffing. Looked to be a straight red. Nothing given, Utd score the only goal in the same incident. Utd win 1-0.

3. Burnley away, very end of the season in 2020, Wolves leading 1-0. Injury time penalty for hand ball given against Docherty for protecting his head from Chris Woods' flailing boot. Should have been a Wolves free kick for dangerous high-kicking. Penalty awarded to Burnley, scored. Match finished 1-1. As a direct result, we failed to get enough points for European football.

4 Cardiff away, 2018: two penalties given against us in quick succession both in injury time with us leading 1-0 in a top of the table clash. Promotion to the PL potentially at stake. First penalty against Coady for a shirt pull --- a routine foul, it happens multiple times in many matches every week and nothing given. 2nd one Cardiff player was definitely fouled but dived into the box after being tackled outside it. Both pens missed!

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
A list of Dean's dodgy decisions that did result in or could have resulted in a goal against us or which denied us the chance to score a goal. These are my recollections in no particular order. Please add any I have missed or forgotten

1 Yesterday, home v Arsenal, 8th minute: a cluster **** of a decision between Attwell and Dean on VAR to deny us a stonewall penalty and at least a yellow card for the Arsenal player. Nothing given. Dean should have made Attwell take a closer look -- a potentially game changing moment early in the game. Arsenal win 2=0.

2 Home v Man U early last season: Pogba goes studs up over the top on Neves near the end of the match, could have broken his leg, Dean reffing. Looked to be a straight red. Nothing given, Utd score the only goal in the same incident. Utd win 1-0.

3. Burnley away, very end of the season in 2020, Wolves leading 1-0. Injury time penalty for hand ball given against Docherty for protecting his head from Chris Woods' flailing boot. Should have been a Wolves free kick for dangerous high-kicking. Penalty awarded to Burnley, scored. Match finished 1-1. As a direct result, we failed to get enough points for European football.

4 Cardiff away, 2018: two penalties given against us in quick succession both in injury time with us leading 1-0 in a top of the table clash. Promotion to the PL potentially at stake. First penalty against Coady for a shirt pull --- a routine foul, it happens multiple times in many matches every week and nothing given. 2nd one Cardiff player was definitely fouled but dived into the box after being tackled outside it. Both pens missed!
Think you mis remember the Cardiff pens. First was a barge into the back of Madine by Coady and the other was a stupid challenge by Cav that was inside the box. Can pointed outside the box to say he had slipped from there and caught him by accident

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think you mis remember the Cardiff pens. First was a barge into the back of Madine by Coady and the other was a stupid challenge by Cav that was inside the box. Can pointed outside the box to say he had slipped from there and caught him by accident
I just looked them up on Youtube and what I said is what I think I saw

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Fair shouts on the first two, definitely, but the Burnley and Cardiff examples were penalties for me.
I cannot see how the high boot on Doc wasn't a foul, and his hands were raised entirely to protect his face, the boot was literally head high and inches from him. It was a terrible decision for me. How VAR upheld it is beyond me too.

The only thing I would say is that none of these is as ridiculous as the Kane goal yesterday, so there is a lot of incompetence, it's just that with Dean is does start to look a bit personal!

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Dean apologist but the second one at Cardiff definitely was, and he could have even given a third in the melee after the second missed one.

The first one he could have not given and it would never have been spoken about after the game.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No Dean apologist but the second one at Cardiff definitely was, and he could have even given a third in the melee after the second missed one.

The first one he could have not given and it would never have been spoken about after the game.
He couldn’t wait to give the first one could he. You’ll see dozens of similar ones not given.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The Burnley one was criminal.

T

TheConcourse

Loved the Cardiff ones in hindsight.

Can see the Doherty v Burnley; Doc bottled that.

The others are a joke.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think both Cardiff ones were penalties but he loved giving them.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Burnley one was by a million miles the worst. An abomination of a decision that I will never, ever get over.

We are still reeling from the effects of that decision today.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely gobsmacked some people are implying the Burnley one was correct. It was a joke of a decision, but absolutely pure Mike Dean at his ‘best’. He loved it.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
I cannot see how the high boot on Doc wasn't a foul, and his hands were raised entirely to protect his face, the boot was literally head high and inches from him. It was a terrible decision for me. How VAR upheld it is beyond me too.

The only thing I would say is that none of these is as ridiculous as the Kane goal yesterday, so there is a lot of incompetence, it's just that with Dean is does start to look a bit personal!
I'd hate to travel a mile of yours if this is mere inches. Screenshot_20221113-173353_Chrome.jpg

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Villa at home in lockdown, fails to spot an easy foul on one of our players, waves it away and 10 seconds later Villa are given a 94th minute penalty to win. Still finds time to send off Moutinho (his only career red card) when replays showed a clear clear dive.

Man Utd at home in Nuno’s last game, gives a very soft penalty against us which turns out to be the winning goal.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For that penalty decision at Burnley he should have been struck off the list. I’m not saying he cheated, but he was incompetent.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Burnley one cost us European football and a possible winner takes all shot at champions league football against Chelsea.

Coming away from that long gruelling season with nothing to show for it, plus covid, was the beginning of our slide imo.

Cheers Dean.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa at home in lockdown, fails to spot an easy foul on one of our players, waves it away and 10 seconds later Villa are given a 94th minute penalty to win. Still finds time to send off Moutinho (his only career red card) when replays showed a clear clear dive.

Man Utd at home in Nuno’s last game, gives a very soft penalty against us which turns out to be the winning goal.
Thanks for adding to the list Jade. I had forgotten those penalties.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hate to travel a mile of yours if this is mere inches. View attachment 31455

You’re analysing that as if it’s all happening in slow motion and players have time to assess the situation, motion of the player, ball and so on. This all happened in real time, and frankly if a player shoved his boot and studs up in the air a foot or so ahead of me, I’d put my arms up to protect my face. If you think otherwise, then you have never played football.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol is all I can say to that.

You think the gap between them closes from the first image I showed and then reopens to the second?

His foot was high yes, it was also two feet away from Doherty
The images you posted are after the main part of the incident has happened.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
You’re analysing that as if it’s all happening in slow motion and players have time to assess the situation, motion of the player, ball and so on. This all happened in real time, and frankly if a player shoved his boot and studs up in the air a foot or so ahead of me, I’d put my arms up to protect my face. If you think otherwise, then you have never played football.
I'd hazard a guess that the 20 years I played football were at a higher standard then you

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The actual moments where the ball struck arm. Woods missed the ball by a mile and would have likely struck Doherty in the head had he not shielded himself.

Attachments

• A6076B9C-7AA3-4C58-A082-7828A48CDB33.jpeg
    A6076B9C-7AA3-4C58-A082-7828A48CDB33.jpeg
    38.6 KB · Views: 27
  • DE0FC262-1581-4AF4-8B68-EF8E4DDD8A6A.jpeg
    DE0FC262-1581-4AF4-8B68-EF8E4DDD8A6A.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 27

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd hazard a guess that the 20 years I played football were at a higher standard then you

If you wouldn’t be putting your arm up to a boot with studs showing coming up fast near your face, then I’m going to guess your experience of football involves NFL headgear.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Lol is all I can say to that.

You think the gap between them closes from the first image I showed and then reopens to the second?

His foot was high yes, it was also two feet away from Doherty
Like I said, inches..... 24 inches!

Seriously though, I get that the one angle shortens the distance and I wish with all my heart that Doc had just kept his hands down, and that the PGMOL didn't make up a random new handball rule every year (without ever getting it right). I still think it's dangerous though, if he'd volleyed it in, maybe fair enough, but Doc's action is a direct result of the kick, so it's not 'unnatural' quite the opposite.

I can tell you btw that he's awarded 8 penalties against us at a rate of 0.36 per game, which is comfortably his highest.

Stingray II

Reaction score
I can accept a refereeing error made in real time during the game. Pre-VAR, we all used to fume for a while, but accept an mistake had cost us. It was human error - an "unintentional accident".

I cannot accept a refereeing error when the action has been carefully reviewed via replays in slow motion and the error is then allowed to stand. That is "intentional fraud" and those in the VAR room know it. They should be brought in front of the cameras at game end and asked to explain. That would soon stop it. There should also be cameras in the VAR room (with audio) made public.

Hazza

Reaction score
I can accept a refereeing error made in real time during the game. Pre-VAR, we all used to fume for a while, but accept an mistake had cost us. It was human error - an "unintentional accident".

I cannot accept a refereeing error when the action has been carefully reviewed via replays in slow motion and the error is then allowed to stand. That is "intentional fraud" and those in the VAR room know it. They should be brought in front of the cameras at game end and asked to explain. That would soon stop it. There should also be cameras in the VAR room (with audio) made public.
I don’t think Saturdays was carefully reviewed via replays

Back
Top Bottom