Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mick Wants Another Prem Job

A

andyc225

Mick wants his head looking at, nevermind a Prem job.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see why he would have spoken to Forest if there was any truth in this: he would have rejected it out of hand.

Edit: oops, I see it has direct quotes. I suspect he'll manage abroad next.

L

luckyjim

Think the forest owners wanted whoever in charge to look at bringing in Arab players.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
What's Mick on about?...'deserving clubs':confused:

Forest are in the E. Midlands as well.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember when he was briefly linked with the Villa job, I couldn't resist looking on a Villa forum (can't remember which one) to see what the reaction of the fans was. I remember one guy saying that he would disembowel himself if Mick got the Villa job. Says it all really.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Curbishley says the same. Look how long he's been out of a job.

T

teedw

yeah truly terrible manager, was nothing to do with him us actually getting into and staying in the prem.

we really should find him and section him for his own good. $$$$$$ that he is

N

NorfolkWolf

He was confident in his own ability in getting Forest promoted and managing them in the Prem then!!

The_Ned

Reaction score
I laughed slightly. Sorry Mick, you did a wonderful job here, but there's no way a Premier league team will come in for you

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although not his biggest admirer, I do think he is good at going into a club who need a bit of motivation and reorganisation, and dragging them up by the balls. If I were the owner of a lower championship club, I would definitely consider Mick to be a fairly good choice. However I do not think he is a premier league calibre manager. Yes, he kept us up for 2 seasons, but by the skin of our teeth, and he spent (wasted) a comparative amount of money. Contrast that to the performances of Norwich and Swansea, who both stayed up relatively easily and also spent far less than Mick had available to him.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not good enough for the prem irrespective of what he did for us in the champ.

End of

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'm a big Mick fan but the only way I can see him managing in the Premier League again is by getting another team promoted from the Championship. Guess he may have an outside shot as an Emergency Caretaker taking over a struggling side towards the end of a season but that's probably it.

Wish him luck though wherever he ends up.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a big Mick fan but the only way I can see him managing in the Premier League again is by getting another team promoted from the Championship. Guess he may have an outside shot as an Emergency Caretaker taking over a struggling side towards the end of a season but that's probably it.

Very much agree. He did a great job at Wolves, but not quite enough (IMO) to secure himself a PL job with another club.

S

SCB

Agree with you, Tring. With MM Wolves had three years in the PL - and what a rollecoaster it was. Taught me - again - that football is nothing like boring.

I wish for McCarthey that he finds another PL hopeful, because he can take them here. Then it's for the club to remain, something Wolves didnt really work on last season and the season before, when all depended on a lucky Hunt-goal, a late goal from Pavlyuchenko and Brum not knowing the rules.

So Good luck Mick. And heres a bit of Anniqa and friends [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfM9gQkfwyg"]ABBA - Thank You for the Music - YouTube[/nomedia]
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was lucky about Hunt's goal? What rules did Brum not know?

S

SCB

What was lucky about Hunt's goal? What rules did Brum not know?

As far as I remember Brum did'nt know they were down when Pavlyuchenko scored. They kept on playing as though they were safe.
Please correct me if Im wrong.
As for the Hunt goal I consider it to be a lucky strike. See for yerself
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh0qyKotq9M"]Stephen Hunt v Blackburn WHATA GOL - YouTube[/nomedia]

W

we8wba

Forest was the best job he would of got imo

mad to turn it down, im expecting him to not appear at this level again now

S

SCB

Mick was preparing to take Hunt off before the goal!

Yes he was. What a weird day that was.

Here's the horror of that day:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98dGMYcddsE&feature=related"]Soccer Saturday - Survival Sunday 2010/2011 highlights - YouTube[/nomedia]

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I want a Rolls Royce and Cheryl Cole bouncing on my nob every night...

See where Im going here??

B

bridgnorthwolf

As far as I remember Brum did'nt know they were down when Pavlyuchenko scored. They kept on playing as though they were safe.
Please correct me if Im wrong.
As for the Hunt goal I consider it to be a lucky strike. See for yerself
Stephen Hunt v Blackburn WHATA GOL - YouTube

You're wrong...

Pavlyuchenko only scored on the break because Birmingham piled everyone forward for a corner and were pressing for a goal.

There was a minute or so delay between Hunt scoring and them realising what it meant, but that was all.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn't actually surprise me to see him back at ROI.

Forest would have been a great job for him, it will be a while before he gets a job as big as that come along.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blues had chucked everyone forward. Johnon nearly scored before Pav finished them off.
I thought Hunt's goal was much more about skill than luck.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hunt was the right player at the wrong time, he should have been signed along with Doyle. Hull had the final best out of him.

A

Andy Grays perm

It wouldn't actually surprise me to see him back at ROI.

Forest would have been a great job for him, it will be a while before he gets a job as big as that come along.

Daniel Levy has just twittered "for goodness sake Mick why could you not have said this a month ago"

Sky Sources - Arsenal call emergency board meeting!

12 PL managers have asked for reassurances from their Board that their jobs are safe.

Strong rumours here in Manchester that Sir Alex is considering retirement for the now that his natural successor has shown his hand and across at City their owners have said paying off Mancini his 5 year contract would not be an issue for them.

As regards a return to international football MM's agent has confirmed the Isle of Man have been in touch.

Crazy - A bloke with a CV that could get him a job at most
Championship clubs is turning down jobs that he suits and sending it to clubs at a level he has failed at with 2 different clubs. Can't knock his confidence though and their lies the problem...............his own opinion higher than others and if anyone disagrees "they can come outside and see me"

W

we8wba

You're wrong...

Pavlyuchenko only scored on the break because Birmingham piled everyone forward for a corner and were pressing for a goal.

There was a minute or so delay between Hunt scoring and them realising what it meant, but that was all.

wolves scored in 87th minute

the message that we scored and blues needed a goal didnt reach them until 1-2minutes after we scored so around 89-90th minute

then they obviously "went for it"

there was a delay as remember hearing it on radio at the ground and on replays of soccer saturday

S

Sandwell Wolf

To quote the Mick knockers.

Mick is no longer our manager and hasn't been for 6 months. Please move on and get over him. He's gone and not coming back.

Why do we need another thread to insult our best manager in 30 years even more? Haven't we had enough of these? $$$$ing pathetic.

S

SCB

You're wrong...

Yer probably right - I was wrong. But I based it on me following the Survival Sunday. And Im sure they said Brum hadnt found out for a few minutes, that they were down. A somewhat confusing day, though.
Here's another bit of that day.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US0D6TqxUlo"]Survival Sunday 2011 (part 4/5) - YouTube[/nomedia]

D

Deleted member 3751

McCarthy should've took the Forest job, or the Leeds job if he was offered it (especially seeing as i had money on him managing Leeds before we sacked him :D). I think unless he gets a decent Championship job or good League 1 job before Christmas you'll see him falling away on the ladder of international ropeyness a la Peter Reid and Bryan Robson. Which will be a bit of a shame.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest job would've been perfect for him. His ego is what lead to his sacking and looks like it will lead to him staying unemployed for a much longer spell.

T

teedw

Mick is no longer our manager and hasn't been for 6 months. Please move on and get over him. He's gone and not coming back.

Why do we need another thread to insult our best manager in 30 years even more? Haven't we had enough of these? $$$$ing pathetic.

top post, some right $$$$ers on here

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The amount of Mick threads on here is ridiculous, honestly who cares.....

D

dazmanwolf

Any chance of closing this 'yet another Mick thread'?

Its getting really repetative now. Thanks Mick for all you did, but its time to cut that cord ladies and gentlemen.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bless.

But he is right, we have far bigger and better things to discuss/debate/worry/lose hair over.

49badger

Media pundit, PL manager, he's still undecided on his next career move, delusional stubborn yorkshire oaf.

M

MK Panther

Is that you Mick?

Back
Top Bottom