Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mick sticks his beak in

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarthy in "I shouldn't have been sacked" shocker.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got some front on him 'Probably thinking I shouldn't have gone'.

How you can stay in a job after being destroyed 5-1 by your arch rivals is beyond me. Especially after the fact he could have changed it at HT.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the words of Mrs Brown. That's nice.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

How you can stay in a job after being destroyed 5-1 by your arch rivals is beyond me. Especially after the fact he could have changed it at HT.

He should have been sacked but losing 5-1 in one match should have nothing to do with it. As a culmination yes, but if we lost 5-1 after winning the previous two he would have still been here.

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“I feel a little bit sorry for Stale coming in because he’s inherited what was essentially a real happy bunch and is probably thinking that I shouldn’t have gone,” he added.

Not great to hear Mick. Never good to big yourself up.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should have been sacked but losing 5-1 in one match should have nothing to do with it. As a culmination yes, but if we lost 5-1 after winning the previous two he would have still been here.

It was the final nail to a horrendous run.

Seasider

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I may be wrong, but I think the article is simply poorly written... I think Mick is making the point that maybe Ståle is wondering whether he (Ståle) should be there ie. Ståle may now be thinking that he made a mistake taking the job at Wolves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

To be fair, we had won the previous game...

Completely agree though. That result on the back of our form in the months leading up to it made his position untenable.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably thinking that i shouldnt have gone.....!!!!????

Deluded mate.

A

andyc225

Please Mick, take the next job that's offered to you. We need to clear out deadwood players and they seem to like you a lot.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Deluded mate.

Has he well and truly lost it? Holding out for a EPL job and now saying he probably should still be here?

I would of sacked him the evening of the Blackburn survival game! At the latest after the Swansea home game last season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but I think the article is simply poorly written... I think Mick is making the point that maybe Ståle is wondering whether he (Ståle) should be there ie. Ståle may now be thinking that he made a mistake taking the job at Wolves.

This. Seems clear to me he's not talking about himself.

R

reanswolf

Again i think he is saying what he thinks stale is thinking you thickos. He is not talking about himself

L

long ball man

Clearly Mick is talking about Stale Solbakken not himself.

Context of these quotes would be interesting. I bet he was being interviewed about something else and some journo just asked what he thought about the situation at Wolves.

J

johnybig32

“I feel a little bit sorry for Stale coming in because he’s inherited what was essentially a real happy bunch and is probably thinking that I shouldn’t have gone,” he added.

WHat on earth does that mean? Could mean so many things.

I do like how MM carefully bigs up the job he has done about finances, which is very true.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again i think he is saying what he thinks stale is thinking you thickos. He is not talking about himself

Of course he's talking about himself. He's pretending to know what Stale is thinking and, surprise, surprise, those pretend thoughts are that "Mick shouldn't have been sacked."

Not:

"What a $$$$ing mess that stupid northern $$$$wit has left me to deal with."

Anyone who thinks McCarthy is not talking about himself .... has a different opinion to me.

(NOTE: No name calling or being disrespectful despite being 100% right.)

You $$$$. :D

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McCarthy in "I shouldn't have been sacked" shocker.

Not great to hear Mick. Never good to big yourself up.

Deluded mate.

Has he well and truly lost it? Holding out for a EPL job and now saying he probably should still be here?

Not sure if the vast majority of Mixers are incapable of full comprehension of the English language, or if you're all just bitter Mick haters who are starting to feel a little pig-sick after seeing a brand new manager making more or less the same player decisions as "thick Mick" used to. But anyhow, I'll help you out - this is how it should be interpreted:

“I feel a little bit sorry for Stale coming in because he’s inherited what was essentially a real happy bunch and is probably thinking: that 'I shouldn’t have gone,” (to Wolves) '. I added the part in bold for your benefit - Mick is saying that he is wondering if Stale is beginning to regret coming here after the last few weeks of player transfer nonsense, and probably our $$$$ fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Big George

McCarthy added: “I’ve got huge respect for Jez because he really works hard for the club and takes a lot of stick from both sides – players and the fans, everybody.”

Moxey gets stick from the players as well then...

L

luckyjim

Under Mick's apparent cloth-cap humility lurks a massive ego....

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a premiership reject, and for good reasons. Will never get another chance in the PL IMO.

S

Shergar

"he’s inherited what was essentially a real happy bunch"

A captain who divided the dressing room, arrived to training drunk and was grassed up by someone (acc to his twitter wife), has a public fallout with Hennessey during a match, a bunch of players who were in the comfort zone as long as they appeared to graft in front of Mick's eyes, a bunch of players who got relegated and have seen their pay packets chopped.

essentially a real happy bunch? what a deluded fool.

B

Bostin

Of course he's talking about himself. He's pretending to know what Stale is thinking and, surprise, surprise, those pretend thoughts are that "Mick shouldn't have been sacked."

Not:

"What a $$$$ing mess that stupid northern $$$$wit has left me to deal with."

Anyone who thinks McCarthy is not talking about himself .... has a different opinion to me.

(NOTE: No name calling or being disrespectful despite being 100% right.)

You $$$$. :D

Quite right.

It's an unsettling time for the club, without the ex-manager sticking his oar in

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if the vast majority of Mixers are incapable of full comprehension of the English language, or if you're all just bitter Mick haters who are starting to feel a little pig-sick after seeing a brand new manager making more or less the same player decisions as "thick Mick" used to. But anyhow, I'll help you out - this is how it should be interpreted:

“I feel a little bit sorry for Stale coming in because he’s inherited what was essentially a real happy bunch and is probably thinking: that 'I shouldn’t have gone,†(to Wolves) '. I added the part in bold for your benefit - Mick is saying that he is wondering if Stale is beginning to regret coming here after the last few weeks of player transfer nonsense, and probably our $$$$ fans.

Actually you are right, he is referrring to Solbakken's "probable" thoughts.

This makes it much, much worse in my book. A deliberate attempt to provoke and undermine the new manager, suggesting that he is regretting taking the job. Outrageous, but certainly adds to the sense that there is a campaign to undermine Solbakken, after last week's sleazy gossip.

I

It's Mixu Paatelainen

I'm terrified that it took until the 9th post of this thread for someone who can actually read the English language to point out what McCarthy was saying here.

B

Bostin

This makes it much, much worse in my book. A deliberate attempt to provoke and undermine the new manager, suggesting that he is regretting taking the job. Outrageous, but certainly adds to the sense that there is a campaign to undermine Solbakken, after last week's sleazy gossip.

This coming from the bloke who was livid that Morgan undermined him!

L

long ball man

I repeat

Context of these quotes would be interesting. I bet he was being interviewed about something else and some journo just asked what he thought about the situation at Wolves

Can anyone really see him convening some kind of impromptu press conference or calling a journo asking specifically to be quoted on Wolves and Stale Solbakken?

Really?

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good that he stuck up for our stance on the transfer though - which was the main point of the article- heaven knows what stick he would have received if he had said fletcher isnt worth the £7m we paid for him let alone the money we are asking....jeez no pleasing folk sometimes!

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

“I feel a little bit sorry for Stale coming in because he’s inherited what was essentially a real happy bunch and is probably thinking: that 'I shouldn’t have gone,†(to Wolves) '. I added the part in bold for your benefit - Mick is saying that he is wondering if Stale is beginning to regret coming here after the last few weeks of player transfer nonsense, and probably our $$$$ fans.

LOL :D......wrong!

What Mick is saying is that SS on seeing the happiness amongst the squad would be wondering and believing that "I" (MIck) shouldn't have gone i.e still be there; not be sacked.

L

luckyjim

I repeat

Context of these quotes would be interesting. I bet he was being interviewed about something else and some journo just asked what he thought about the situation at Wolves

Can anyone really see him convening some kind of impromptu press conference or calling a journo asking specifically to be quoted on Wolves and Stale Solbakken?

Really?

Yes.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What Mick is saying is that SS on seeing the happiness amongst the squad would be wondering and believing that "I" (MIck) shouldn't have gone i.e still be there; not be sacked.

Except that would be completely out of character for the person we got to know fairly well over the last five or so years. If you want to believe that's what it means, fine. I on the other hand, choose to believe it's a combination of an off-the-cuff comment, the usual $$$$ poor Express & Star journalism, and those with an obvious anti-Mick bias choosing to read it in a way that suits their tired and deluded agenda.

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on Mick, time to move on now, mate.

It's like you're constantly banging on about your ex girlfriend in the hope she'll dump her new bloke and get back with you. Take the next job that gets offered you (it won't be in the Premier League) and start a new relationship.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair who would employ McCarthy in the premiership?
He is living in cloud cuckoo land!

M

Mr Zuki

What a load of rubbish, he's responded to questions from a journalist in much the same way as anyone would. There is no campaign to undermine Solbakken, what on earth would make anyone think that?

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Except that would be completely out of character for the person we got to know fairly well over the last five or so years. If you want to believe that's what it means, fine. I on the other hand, choose to believe it's a combination of an off-the-cuff comment, the usual $$$$ poor Express & Star journalism, and those with an obvious anti-Mick bias choosing to read it in a way that suits their tired and deluded agenda.

The E&S stuff is excerpts from his lengthy appearance on Sky yesterday...

I'm not anti-Mick but that is what he said. He also alluded to the fact that he possibly thought that he should not have been sacked because we had only just dropped into the bottom three.

Back
Top Bottom