Michael Salisbury

He's a bit weak, probably not ready for the PL just yet.

Saying that, still not the worst. Madeley and Coote to name two are worse.

Yep but we conceded 4 at home to a poor side. I worry more about our head coach and our players. We keep bottling crucial games.
And making excuses for ourselves. Blaming the ref won't count for much when there's an R next to our name.

And making excuses for ourselves. Blaming the ref won't count for much when there's an R next to our name.

Agree. The fact is we cant defend and we are useless in attack and bottle the crucial games. Forest will be no different unless something changes in the next couple of weeks. Solution will probably be Moutinho as a no10.

The silver lining to possibly having the R next to our name, will be we escape the useless pricks!!!
Whilst I offer no excuses for our overall performance today, how anybody can excuse the officials of any negative influence whatsoever, is beyond me!
I'm sorry, but it's gotta have a huge detrimental effect on confidence.
Whilst allowing the club playing staff and coaches to hide behind poor officiating, is letting them get away with it, blaming them wholly, is allowing the officials to get off scot-free!

Last edited:
Sorry this narrative is weak af today. We would have hit the roof if it were our player re: Semedo penalty, Dawson was lucky not to get straight red and Adama should have played to the whistle as he'd already comfortably won the ball.

The silver lining to possibly having the R next to our name, will be we escape the useless pricks!!!
Whilst I offer no excuses for our overall performance today, how anybody can excuse the officials of any negative influence whatsoever, is beyond me!
I'm sorry, but it's gotta have a huge detrimental effect on confidence.
Whilst allowing the club playing staff and coaches to hide behind poor officiating, is letting them get away with it, blaming them wholly, is allowing the officials to get off scot free!
It’s almost like people can’t see that our teams performance and the referees performance are two seperate things. “You can’t have a go at the ref we conceded 4 at home”. Lol.

It’s almost like people can’t see that our teams performance and the referees performance are two seperate things. “You can’t have a go at the ref we conceded 4 at home”. Lol.
But if we played Newcastle down to ten men 1-0 up
If we could’ve been level today against a fragile Leeds team

Moments matter

He did not lose the game for Wolves,
Try asking our players to start the following below and we might be in a better position:

* Put the ball in the back of the net
* Keep playing to the whistle
* Stay on the pitch not sent off
* Defend your 1v1 better (too many lapse of concentration
* Get of the Ref / PAGOL backs, we might get a decision our way.

Just feedup with football at PL level at the moment and don't worry about what I cannot control anymore.

Sorry this narrative is weak af today. We would have hit the roof if it were our player re: Semedo penalty, Dawson was lucky not to get straight red and Adama should have played to the whistle as he'd already comfortably won the ball.

Why don’t you tell Lopetegui that then, as I think he disagrees with you.

I didn't go today Jade, and despite saying I wasn't even gonna watch the game, due to how VAR and refs have made me feel lately, (I didn't for the first-half to be fair), I couldn't help myself, and gave in and watched the second-half.
Despite what I witnessed, there was no anger this week, just complete acceptance of what I expected to play out... and apathy!
Never before has the saying "same ****, different day", made so much sense!
Despite my recent claims to the contrary, I won't stop going, I can't, Wolves were my first love, at a young age.
I have decided though, that I don't give a **** what league we are in, I'm a Wolves fan, regardless.
Realising that has seemingly made things feel much better and no amount of ****ty officiating can change that.
Que sera sera.
FWAW /\_/\

I didn't go today Jade, and despite saying I wasn't even gonna watch the game, due to how VAR and refs have made me feel lately, (I didn't for the first-half to be fair), I couldn't help myself, and gave in and watched the second-half.
Despite what I witnessed, there was no anger this week, just complete acceptance of what I expected to play out... and apathy!
Never before has the saying "same ****, different day", made so much sense!
Despite my recent claims to the contrary, I won't stop going, I can't, Wolves were my first love, at a young age.
I have decided though, that I don't give a **** what league we are in, I'm a Wolves fan, regardless.
Realising that has seemingly made things feel much better and no amount of ****ty officiating can change that.
Que sera sera.
FWAW /\_/\
Good on ya!

I know what you mean, we should really really be kicking up a proper fuss over the decisions since the new year but these refs stick together. You call out one, some other snotty ****er turns up the next week and screws you over instead.

Just watched MOTD. Can see why the penalty wasn't given. Not 'stone wall'. Sometimes these are given sometimes not. Re Dawson -- lucky not to have been sent off, but the fact the Leeds player slipped before Dawson caught him helped him. Jonny-- no excuses, straight red was correct. Didn't really see what happened with Nunes. If it was just an accident the club should appeal and get it rescinded. The pundits got it wrong --this is what JL was talking about in the interview, not the Jonny sending off, which was obviously correct. Adama was fouled, but the idiot should play to the whistle. That's the only decision the ref got completely wrong IMO.

Yes, the ref was poor, but the hysteria about how bad he was is OTT. Our performance, especially defensively, was truly shocking.

Good on ya!

I know what you mean, we should really really be kicking up a proper fuss over the decisions since the new year but these refs stick together. You call out one, some other snotty ****er turns up the next week and screws you over instead.
Trouble is, I don't think we'd fare any better if we just sucked it up and accepted everything.
Sod 'em, I promised myself I wasn't gonna let them ruin anymore of my weekends after last week, and touch wood... they've not got one over on me this week! Lol

Just watched MOTD. Can see why the penalty wasn't given. Not 'stone wall'. Sometimes these are given sometimes not. Re Dawson -- lucky not to have been sent off, but the fact the Leeds player slipped before Dawson caught him helped him. Jonny-- no excuses, straight red was correct. Didn't really see what happened with Nunes. If it was just an accident the club should appeal and get it rescinded. The pundits got it wrong --this is what JL was talking about in the interview, not the Jonny sending off, which was obviously correct. Adama was fouled, but the idiot should play to the whistle. That's the only decision the ref got completely wrong IMO.

Yes, the ref was poor, but the hysteria about how bad he was is OTT. Our performance, especially defensively, was truly shocking.
If the angle shown on MOTD is the only one you’ve seen I can see why you’d think that about the penalty.
Make up your own mind as to why they didn’t show the other angles where it looks stonewall by the standards of any other team.

But…… you say they’re reds? So why don’t they ever got ye other way, pogba on neves last season springs to mind. So yes we do feel cheated, for me Jonnys foot hits the ball that then flips it on to Aylings shin, it’s unfortunate but never intentional. Watch it again he 100% bounces off the ball

Thank you for a measured response. Amongst the hysteria the ref actually showed leniency twice with Dawson. Had we not had the season we've had (and more importantly, had we got a better scoreline today) today wouldn't have particularly stood out.

Lopetegui isn't helping with his constant excuses in the press every week. Understand he may be wanting to take spotlight off how poor his players are but I'm not sure it's helping.

Thank you for a measured response. Amongst the hysteria the ref actually showed leniency twice with Dawson. Had we not had the season we've had (and more importantly, had we got a better scoreline today) today wouldn't have particularly stood out.
Good point about Dawson, could well have been off and he only booked Jonny initially, even though it was a clear red.

Don't think the conspiracy theorists have a leg to stand on today. Some dodgy decisions but that's to be expected, Salisbury strikes me as a bit weak but don't think he was particularly bad today tbh.

If the angle shown on MOTD is the only one you’ve seen I can see why you’d think that about the penalty.
Make up your own mind as to why they didn’t show the other angles where it looks stonewall by the standards of any other team.
I was also at the game and ditrctly in line with the incident in the BWU. I didn't see it as a pen in real time and nor did the blokes sitting round me. In fact we couldn't make out why there was an appeal.

I was also at the game and ditrctly in line with the incident in the BWU. I didn't see it as a pen in real time and nor did the blokes sitting round me. In fact we couldn't make out why there was an appeal.

The PL Media supplied comms I watched, which didn’t have any ex Wolves players, said it was a clear penalty, and they showed multiple angles.

Was in the Steve bull everyone was going mad about it

My mate coming back from the toilet said was it a penalty, I said yes but they won’t give it!

Obviously a much better view from stands not as close though

Back
Top Bottom