Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MGW Resurgence?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for another thread for MGW but after 10 mins of searching I couldn’t find any of the other ten thousand

I liked his contribution last night, had a hand in the goal and looked lively... I couldn’t understand why he came on instead of Vitinha but he did well

with Vitinha likely signing, is there room for them both? But Nuno clearly still wants to go to him as he did last night...

another who needs minutes between now and the end of the season to show if he can cut it once and for all

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
For me vitinha and MGW are slightly different players vitinha is a little bit deeper and dictates the tempo more, MGW plays further forwards in a more creative passing role.
That's just my thoughts on the matter.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for another thread for MGW but after 10 mins of searching I couldn’t find any of the other ten thousand

I liked his contribution last night, had a hand in the goal and looked lively... I couldn’t understand why he came on instead of Vitinha but he did well

with Vitinha likely signing, is there room for them both? But Nuno clearly still wants to go to him as he did last night...

another who needs minutes between now and the end of the season to show if he can cut it once and for all
At the very least him getting minutes should bump up any fee if we do decide to sell.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He really needs to start showing that early promise soon as his career here looks like going one way and that is him being sold! What I will say is it hasn't helped him being stuck out wide previously by Nuno as that clearly isn't his position!

He has done well off the bench in his last couple appearances but he now needs to do that on a consistent bases he has between now and the end of the season to do that or he will be gone imo.

I said on another thread a few good moments with him and Silva linking up hopefully it carries on.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of his, but he had some effect yesterday. I prefer Vitinha. We also have Otasowie as well. I do think Moutinho may play a reduced role next season, but I must say my blood runs cold at the thought of these being our options next season if Neves left. Too many youngsters with potential, not enough known quality. Imo I would move one on, and for me, it would be Gibbs White. As well as a proper Neves replacement if he left.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How old is he?? Thing is he's looked good in the division below, like Mason Mount, although im sure not as good.....but has only played bits of games. He's got the talent, im hoping he stays. Great to have as a player off the bench.
Better than OO IMO. Room for vitinha and MGW in the squad.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
vitinha is the better prospect, vitinha to rip up u21s champs cement his move. I think mgw will be moved on.

vitinha to share moutinho duties, he mucked that up royally at the end fortunate it lands to silva who is on it at the moment

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me vitinha and MGW are slightly different players vitinha is a little bit deeper and dictates the tempo more, MGW plays further forwards in a more creative passing role.
That's just my thoughts on the matter.
Was going to post pretty much the same, MGW is more attacking than Vitinha. What they both are though is players who like to play centrally and have had to spend a lot of their minutes out wide

Whether MGW makes it with us or not is still up in the air but he's clearly worked and got himself back in the frame which can only be good for him and us

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great turn hahahaha, jesus christ people's standards are so low.

He decided to fall to the ground under no contact and was fortunate the ball fell to Fabio.

Watch it again
You either are a troll/WUM, have an agenda, a guide dog or are demented. Went to ground under no contact? WT actual F? MGW was clearly fouled. There is a saying about keeping your mouth closed rather than opening it and confirming that you are a fool.

D

Deleted member 7041

As someone once said...All fancy flicks and no knickers. Oh and most 2 year old can run faster than him.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great turn hahahaha, jesus christ people's standards are so low.

He decided to fall to the ground under no contact and was fortunate the ball fell to Fabio.

Watch it again

You can watch it back yourself here. May I draw your attention to the commentator, who says "lovely turn by Gibbs-White". Maybe the evidence of your ears will persuade you, as your eyes clearly don't work properly.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was pleasantly surprised with him last night.
OK it was only a brief encounter but he looked much better than of late.

D

Deleted member 4184

You can watch it back yourself here. May I draw your attention to the commentator, who says "lovely turn by Gibbs-White". Maybe the evidence of your ears will persuade you, as your eyes clearly don't work properly.

He receives the ball under zero pressure, knocks it to the side of the Fulham player who leaves a lazy leg out and then goes to ground under zero contact.

World class, what a ****ing resurgence.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You either are a troll/WUM, have an agenda, a guide dog or are demented. Went to ground under no contact? WT actual F? MGW was clearly fouled. There is a saying about keeping your mouth closed rather than opening it and confirming that you are a fool.
Please, not a guide dog, they are wonderful loyal beasts. ;)

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He receives the ball under zero pressure, knocks it to the side of the Fulham player who leaves a lazy leg out and then goes to ground under zero contact.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? He sees the player coming, turns him inside-out and opens up the pitch. One pass later the ball is in the net.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well, if its good enough for Grealish.....

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Is it tricky for you, having to modify an opinion? I mean some of your mates might have to spend ages scrolling back deleting poisonous tweets. #frustrating

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me he's looked lively in the last couple of appearances. It's difficult to come on for 10 mins here and there and make an impression.
He should start a few more games now before the season ends, he's got bags of ability just needs a run of games to show it, same can be said for silva who looks lively and both should start.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you being deliberately obtuse? He sees the player coming, turns him inside-out and opens up the pitch. One pass later the ball is in the net.

Like Vitinha his first instinct is to start moving forward if possible. This is a precious commodity and for all the frustrations we’ve had with MGW it’s very exciting if Nuno sees a player maturing here

I am still extremely wary of depending on MGW but it does seem he has something to offer centrally. Like others I wonder if it’ll be a straight choice - MGW or Vitinha since we need other midfielders and likes of OO to also flourish

Tough call

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One, like Vitinha, Silva, Otaswie and Ait Nouri who should be getting more minutes now the season is done and dusted. Show what he can do either forcing himself into being a squad player for us or a move elsewhere. Feel a bit sorry for him that his loan was cut short when he finally got game time under his belt just to then warm the bench.
Will be interesting how we approach team selection in coming weeks as we need to give them all game time but then putting them all in at once will not work as they are all too inexperienced.
That central midfield though with Moutinho being rested is a prime spot for rotation.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Receives the ball under zero pressure, yet soon as he turns has a Fulham player on, who he beats & who fouls him in the process. Ref plays on & we score.

Maybe have a word with yourself as to why you've got such an issue with him? Might be better use of your time bud.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ALike Vitinha his first instinct is to start moving forward if possible. This is a precious commodity and for all the frustrations we’ve had with MGW it’s very exciting if Nuno sees a player maturing here

I am still extremely wary of depending on MGW but it does seem he has something to offer centrally. Like others I wonder if it’ll be a straight choice - MGW or Vitinha since we need other midfielders and likes of OO to also flourish

Tough call

Agreed. I think with MGW, Vitinha and OO it's hard to say if they're going to be good enough - I'm hopeful all of them will be - but I think they all offer us something different that Neves and Moutinho are never going to be able to do, so we need to explore them as options.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hes a wum, I just gloss over any comment.

D

Deleted member 4184

Receives the ball under zero pressure, yet soon as he turns has a Fulham player on, who he beats & who fouls him in the process. Ref plays on & we score.

Maybe have a word with yourself as to why you've got such an issue with him? Might be better use of your time bud.

Throwing yourself to the floor does not automatically make it a foul.

You can criticise a player without having an issue with them. Maybe have a word eith yourself as to why you've got such an issue with me? Might be better use of your time bud.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Without him we wouldn’t have scored last night, he may not have got the assist but that turn was as good as one. There are few players in our team that could pull that off
It's the MGW signature move - the 180 turn under pressure.

He certainly has 'something'. Another loan would be good for him. He's still young too

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
His hand in the goal was deciding to fall over instead of passing it, fortunately it went to Fabio.
But his first instinct was to move the ball forward.

Too many of our side would get the ball where he did and immediately pass the ball back to the centre halves ... his positive attacking instinct got us up the field and moving forwards!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
He’s at the stage where he simply has to have a full season of being a regular first-team starter.

Realistically, that isn’t going to be with us next season so I’d be looking at another season-long loan with Swansea next year. We may have been in a desperate situation at the time but by recalling him when we did, we didn’t do the best thing by him and his development.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s at the stage where he simply has to have a full season of being a regular first-team starter.

Realistically, that isn’t going to be with us next season so I’d be looking at another season-long loan with Swansea next year. We may have been in a desperate situation at the time but by recalling him when we did, we didn’t do the best thing by him and his development.
Agreed.

At the time, it was the right decision for Wolves, but it's hurt MGW a bit.
Glad to see him make a difference though

D

Deleted member 5276

He really needs to start showing that early promise soon as his career here looks like going one way and that is him being sold! What I will say is it hasn't helped him being stuck out wide previously by Nuno as that clearly isn't his position!

He has done well off the bench in his last couple appearances but he now needs to do that on a consistent bases he has between now and the end of the season to do that or he will be gone imo.

I said on another thread a few good moments with him and Silva linking up hopefully it carries on.
Why is he any different than Vitinha in this assessment? Born just 17 days apart in 2000, both aged 21 but some are suggesting we get rid of MGW but lash out for Vitinha for some reason. Maybe it's because MGW has been around the Wolves set up for so long?

I think we have to remember that MGW is still young enough to develop considerably and that if we apply the same rules to him as we do the other youngsters, he's actually proved he is better than most of them. Seems some folks are very quick to want to put him in the bin and write him off but looks premature to me.

Back
Top Bottom