Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MGW - Positive for Covid

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m really sorry to hear that, mate. My condolences. My dad passed away of COVID back in May, he was only 44 and he was very healthy and had no underlying health conditions. Watching Wolves has been my refuge during this pandemic, and the thought of Morgan coming back into the squad, with his big Hollywood attitude, when he has done nothing in his Wolves career, really ****es me off. It really explains his performance against the Baggies if he was sick then. I can’t for the life of me understand why he’s being picked ahead of Vitinha, who at least has a couple of assists and a goal.
I'm sorry about your dad too mate. My dad was 82 though. Gibbs white really ***** me off too! I've no time for him or people like him. Got funeral tomorrow.
I rember ages ago when you went to your first wolves game.... The story that you told... It was funny... You are a legend on here mate stay safe. X

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that gets me is that Gibbs white is castigated (and rightly so) for his covid rule breaking by the vast majority of wolves fans and the club even sent him away on loan but the greasy **** grealish partied all night and then smashes up 2 motors all while “under the influence”,allegedly,and he is still the poster boy for the villa and all the press love him and hail him as the best thing in the premier league.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW’s life resembles that of Mr Bean .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing that gets me is that Gibbs white is castigated (and rightly so) for his covid rule breaking by the vast majority of wolves fans and the club even sent him away on loan but the greasy **** grealish partied all night and then smashes up 2 motors all while “under the influence”,allegedly,and he is still the poster boy for the villa and all the press love him and hail him as the best thing in the premier league.
Well you know why ? A little matter of £70 million . Rightly or wrongly one actually entertains on the field

D

Deleted member 4008

Like him or not grealish is a good player . Gibbs white is nowhere near that level .

ladywolf

Reaction score
Morgan has had to move back here which I'm sure having to travel and get accommodation and furniture etc sorted means he could easily have caught it. There will still be times he or his girlfriend need to leave the house, you can't wrap them in cotton wool. Many other footballers have been catching it too. Some of you on here need to get a grip, it's a highly contagious virus and no matter how careful you are you can still catch it. Saiss caught it, Conor caught it and I suspect a few others will have had it too. Not to mention the millions of the general public but no let's blast one individual.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The villa can’t turn against the only top tier quality player they have. They push him out and they are as good as relegated.

If it is that very easy for them lot to drop their morals for a serial rule breaker putting the public, club staff, his team mates and their families at risk then that says a great deal about them as people.......

the papers wont turn on him too much (the mail, the times and the telegraph stuck the boot into him around his court hearing) as he gets them clicks on line, activity on their forum and papers sold when they banged the drum in another article about why he should have been playing for England earlier than he did. their decision is driven by money and greed.

a further reason why the papers and the TV won’t turn on him, as if they do, Aston Villa will stop playing ball with them, reducing their ability to get attention and subscriptions from their fan base. Again a decision to leave morals at the door for money and greed.

the fact we expect more from any of our players and won’t stand by idiots who break the rules shows that we are a far better fan base and as a club on the whole.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ, I’ve read some rubbish on here over the years (and no doubt contributed plenty myself) but criticising MGW for catching a highly infectious virus that has brought the entire world to a stand still for 12 months is a new low. Some of you should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves and I don’t care if you’re ‘shielding’ or personally know 100 people who’ve died from COVID.

Being locked in your house for a year has clearly addled with some of your brains. Good for you that you’ve managed to minimise your risk but please do not forget that elsewhere in society many people are having to leave the house to go to work, putting themselves in the firing line. That includes footballers who, despite their wealth and privilege, are ultimately just continuing to work during a pandemic, for our entertainment.

Just because Morgan plays for our club does not mean we can deny him of the basic human rights of leaving the house. He is allowed to go for a walk, he is allowed to meet a friend from another household outside, he is allowed to have a partner who is also allowed to do these things. There is therefore an element of risk.

Whilst I’m here can I also say the obsession with his girlfriend needs to stop too. You may not like the look of her but you don’t need to as you’re not dating her. I’m guessing many of you on here are old enough to be MGW’s dad - or even his grandad. Are you so involved in who your own grandchildren choose to sleep with? I hope not.
Thanks Bjorn, I was starting to doubt my own sanity, great post.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan has had to move back here which I'm sure having to travel and get accommodation and furniture etc sorted means he could easily have caught it. There will still be times he or his girlfriend need to leave the house, you can't wrap them in cotton wool. Many other footballers have been catching it too. Some of you on here need to get a grip, it's a highly contagious virus and no matter how careful you are you can still catch it. Saiss caught it, Conor caught it and I suspect a few others will have had it too. Not to mention the millions of the general public but no let's blast one individual.
Not putting down your post, but these guys haven’t broken the rules at any point.

Also pre Christmas when London was a hot bed for covid he went there for a few days walking around and shopping, like every person he deserves the right to a life, but why travel from one place to another especially when the place you are going to was experiencing a spike in cases. he doesn’t exactly try to keep himself away from covid exposure based on his actions. Even filmed a video with a YouTuber who measured out the two meter gap they needed to be and with no mask MGW walks and stands close to him.

Connor Coady - got a ping on the app by being near someone who had covid and he himself tested negative throughout his forced isolation period

sais - like many footballers, caught it while playing in the ludicrous international games with his country from another player.

Last edited:

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also Grealish is a turncoat rat.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also Grealish is a turncoat rat.
He used your system badly......

Got the international exposure and access to further quality coaches and then when it came time as an adult turned his back on you.....

A lot of my Irish mates hate him for it, even some villa fans don’t like him as a person for that but forgave his lockdown breaches hahaha

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's because he is England and Manchester United captain in waiting. He is protected.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many Wolves players have had Covid now?

Coady, Saiss, MGW?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good posts here on the ability for anyone anywhere to catch covid whilst obeying the rules.
Sadly, some of Morgans previous behaviour casts a shadow over what people perceive he may or may not have done. This is not helped by his social media presence.
Perhaps we need to meet him half way. We need to have a little more compassion whilst he needs to start displaying some maturity?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It must be tough being so perfect and having to judge people from your ivory tower. I’m sure you never broke a rule in your life.

Come on jim,there are rules,and there are Covid rules.The later rule impacting on people's lives.So there is a difference.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Connor Coady - got a ping on the app by being near someone who had covid and he himself tested negative throughout his forced isolation period
Connor said he had the virus in march

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good posts here on the ability for anyone anywhere to catch covid whilst obeying the rules.
Sadly, some of Morgans previous behaviour casts a shadow over what people perceive he may or may not have done. This is not helped by his social media presence.
Perhaps we need to meet him half way. We need to have a little more compassion whilst he needs to start displaying some maturity?
The answer:

stop using social media if your going to be a silly boy.....

dont travel to London pre Xmas when injured to a covid hot bed to go shopping, then get caught on film ignoring a two meter marked space to stand on and with no mask stand next to someone and talk to them......

yes he could have caught it at the petrol station, or from a delivery person. But Jesus he needs to stop creating unnecessary risk of exposing himself, he alone is putting himself in situations where footage of him breaching rules doing things on YouTube will get seen.

Him doing these things has created opportunity and reason for people to be upset with him when he finally catches it.

Last edited:

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wishing you a speedy recovery Morgan. Get well soon and then, when you are better, we can sell you on!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
But Jesus he needs to stop creating unnecessary risk of exposing himself, he alone is putting himself in situations where footage of him breaching rules doing things on YouTube will get seen.
When was the last breach filmed?

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last breach filmed?
Yup...... on a YouTube channel called umm, someone was his assistant for the day. He does it after 4mins in.

the London shopping one, was on his GF’s channel. In fairness he is wearing his mask in public I think.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ, I’ve read some rubbish on here over the years (and no doubt contributed plenty myself) but criticising MGW for catching a highly infectious virus that has brought the entire world to a stand still for 12 months is a new low. Some of you should be ****ing ashamed of yourselves and I don’t care if you’re ‘shielding’ or personally know 100 people who’ve died from COVID.

Being locked in your house for a year has clearly addled with some of your brains. Good for you that you’ve managed to minimise your risk but please do not forget that elsewhere in society many people are having to leave the house to go to work, putting themselves in the firing line. That includes footballers who, despite their wealth and privilege, are ultimately just continuing to work during a pandemic, for our entertainment.

Just because Morgan plays for our club does not mean we can deny him of the basic human rights of leaving the house. He is allowed to go for a walk, he is allowed to meet a friend from another household outside, he is allowed to have a partner who is also allowed to do these things. There is therefore an element of risk.

Whilst I’m here can I also say the obsession with his girlfriend needs to stop too. You may not like the look of her but you don’t need to as you’re not dating her. I’m guessing many of you on here are old enough to be MGW’s dad - or even his grandad. Are you so involved in who your own grandchildren choose to sleep with? I hope not.
Well said!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup...... on a YouTube channel called umm, someone was his assistant for the day. He does it after 4mins in.

the London shopping one, was on his GF’s channel. In fairness he is wearing his mask in public I think.
When were they though?

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When were they though?
Very sorry mutchy, miss read your post.....

the umm Video was released 3 weeks ago, but clearly filmed before Xmas. It has since been edited as they stood making small talk for longer the first time I watched it as the cut is a lot harsher than it was originally to him standing on the correct mark. I am a fan of Callux the lad who is in it. He made and designed his own trainer line, very impressive lad.

the GF video I didn’t know, as I was told about by my cousins daughter as she likes her videos. But I have just looked and it was released in November.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Very sorry mutchy, miss read your post.....

the umm Video was released 3 weeks ago, but clearly filmed before Xmas. It has since been edited as they stood making small talk for longer the first time I watched it as the cut is a lot harsher than it was originally to him standing on the correct mark. I am a fan of Callum the lad who is in it. He made and designed his own trainer line, very impressive lad.

the GF video I didn’t know, as I was told about by my cousins daughter as she likes her videos. But I have just looked and it was released in November.
Thanks. So saying he needs to stop... its very possible that he has.

Leamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks. So saying he needs to stop... its very possible that he has.
Very much so, I am simply sharing examples that to date he hasn’t exactly tried very hard to keep himself away from exposure to covid.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Very much so, I am simply sharing examples that to date he hasn’t exactly tried very hard to keep himself away from exposure to covid.
Or to a past date anyway...

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get well soon Morgan! We don't know the circumstances of how he caught it, so it's best not to speculate. However I'm sure if it was someone else in our squad e.g. Neves who caught it, they wouldn't get so much flack. Feel sorry for the chap really.
Have to agree. The time frame I got it I left the house zero times and saw one person - the tesco delivery driver - and that was from a distance.

When my daughter got it, my other daughter, who shares a room with her, tested negative twice (she has to test regularly as her mum is a carer)

Just because he was wrong then, doesn't mean he repeated the behaviour now, and even if he did, it doesn't mean it's the causal factor (although if he did then that in itself is a question mark over the blokes intelligence)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you get well soon Morgan.
Some of the comments over social media, I don’t recognise these people as Wolves fans.
I don’t want to be part of such a pack, to use the club’s terminology.

He ****ed up, he’s a kid, he’s naive and he’s getting pelters. Some would call that bullying and they certainly wouldn’t say it to his face. I was as angry as anyone when he broke isolation rules.

Im isolated from everyone right now, and haven’t seen family or friends in months. But you can’t make an assumption based on something from ages ago. Not fair on the lad.
And all this “he’s got Swansea in his bio, he liked a Swansea goal” - get a ****ing life eh.

To those who have suffered this terrible illness and who have lost loved ones, my sincere condolences and best wishes to you all.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was your hands....... use alco-gel...... wear a mask when the delivery man comes

I have been shielding since March, had countless deliveries from Amazon and the supermarket and not caught covid....... i follow
The basic guidelines of cleaning everything. Basic self discipline is all you need.
Me too. If everyone did all they reasonably could to follow the guidelines the country would not be in the mess it is today.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Was there an uproar when Coady revealed he had got Covid last year?
During the first lockdown when they were having food delivered etc. Yet no one questioned where he could have got it

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Says more about Brummies than Black Country folk.

Back
Top Bottom