Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Megastore phone queue

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A simple enquiry, so I thought.

Being as the online order doesn’t specify a delivery date, I wanted to check that if I ordered a rather sexy vintage shirt this morning, it would definitely arrive before Sunday.

Living in Stourbridge, the round trip to Wolverhampton is off-putting enough to stump up £4, as long as would arrive on time.

So...I’m wondering how one can be allegedly first in the phone queue...for AN HOUR!
Who is talking to them for a solid hour? Over £8 the bloody call has cost!
Absolute disgrace.
I can understand ticket lines having this kind of backlog, with thousands of people making a complex transaction.
But first in the queue for knocking on an hour?

W

wolvesultra

Very much doubt if you ordered today it will be with you by Saturday now.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
you deserve that for wanting a football shirt to look sexy ;).

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
web site says it can take up to 14 days (the shirt I ordered a while back arrived in a couple of days but no guarantee) full info blow, can pay £10 for next day delivery

Official Store of Wolves FC

Last edited:

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok thanks for replies.

Should have just asked here.
I’m going to continue to hold now to give someone a much deserved rocket up the ****.

N

Northamptonwolf

Ok thanks for replies.

Should have just asked here.
I’m going to continue to hold now to give someone a much deserved rocket up the ****.
Not really their fault if everyone is leaving things to the last minute!

They are no doubt run off their feet. Probably easier to just go over

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really their fault if everyone is leaving things to the last minute!

They are no doubt run off their feet. Probably easier to just go over

It is their fault for using an exploitative premium rate number in a system whereby there is not somebody permanently staffing the phone.

If I couldn’t get through all lines busy, fair nuff. If I was 600th in the queue, fair enough.
Not 1st in the queue for over an hour.
That’s professionally **** poor.
That’s what I’m upset about.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will take you about 30 minutes to get from Stourbridge and they will let you park on the North Bank car park for nothing if you are going in the store. If you'd set off when yo ustarted the call you would be home, with the shirt, by now!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will take you about 30 minutes to get from Stourbridge and they will let you park on the North Bank car park for nothing if you are going in the store. If you'd set off when yo ustarted the call you would be home, with the shirt, by now!

Well, yes, that’s what I was thinking.
But you know, 21st century laziness and speakerphone, figured I’d check and see if I could save myself the trouble.
So I will be going up tomorrow, and as I just got cut off with the ‘all lines busy’ message, I’ll be expecting the £14!!! call charge deducted.

We all happily get ripped off in the name of football, but I refuse to do so for poor practice.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, yes, that’s what I was thinking.
But you know, 21st century laziness and speakerphone, figured I’d check and see if I could save myself the trouble.
So I will be going up tomorrow, and as I just got cut off with the ‘all lines busy’ message, I’ll be expecting the £14!!! call charge deducted.

We all happily get ripped off in the name of football, but I refuse to do so for poor practice.

I've just finished my call to them now JonahWolf, just chewing the fat and chatting about the complexities of the measurements of the shirt sizes, so you can get through now.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've just finished my call to them now JonahWolf, just chewing the fat and chatting about the complexities of the measurements of the shirt sizes, so you can get through now.

Bravo, very amusing.

However, if you really did spend 1.5 hours chatting about shirt sizing, then both you and the megastore employee need shooting on the grounds of oxygen theft.

One can buy a car on finance in less time.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything I've ordered has arrived in 2 or 3 days max and im in Belfast

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anything I've ordered has arrived in 2 or 3 days max and im in Belfast

Had they not cut me off, the call may have lasted that long.

However, I do have to stop being a jerk now, as received a reply email where they offered to generously reimburse me, which is appreciated.
Unfortunately, the offer, while generous, is nothing like what I want, so am awaiting further contact.

Very impressed with the damage limitation/reputation cleanup person though.

There we go, solved. 50% off a shirt, equating to a bit more than the phone call.
Out of moaning, cometh much improved publicity.

Mods delete thread should you wish, unless people are having too much fun at the expense of my earlier angst...which may be less satisfying now that I’m not grumpy anymore.

Last edited:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me and the lad just went over, ****ing hardly any kit left, had to get him a black training top

On a side note there’s a great replica FA cup on dusplay in Stan Cullis reception, it’s made of pottery, a kind gentleman told me, 12 were made but they think this is the only one left

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However, I do have to stop being a jerk now, as received a reply email where they offered to generously reimburse me, which is appreciated.
Unfortunately, the offer, while generous, is nothing like what I want, so am awaiting further contact.

Very impressed with the damage limitation/reputation cleanup person though.

There we go, solved. 50% off a shirt, equating to a bit more than the phone call.
Out of moaning, cometh much improved publicity.

If we fail Financial Fair Play now I'm holding you personally responsible.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we fail Financial Fair Play now I'm holding you personally responsible.

If it’s by £3.50 or less, then I fully accept.
Lest we forget, they’ve already had the profit out of £14 in phone call.

Maybe you should collectively thank me, for providing the club with this poignant reminder about getting things right off the pitch as well as on, and how rectifying mistakes can be more costly in the long run.

:p

Back
Top Bottom