Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mcleish appointed Villa Manager

B

Bankswolf II

He'll win a game and they will be talking europe again, good news for us I dont rate him whatsoever

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And now he wants to take Scott Dann from Blues!

S

Shergar

there is nothing more suicide inducing than the sound of the whinging brumay twang.... talksport is like classic radio this morning:D

H

haden-wolf

Danns now being talked about with 12m bids! should have got him in when Cov did

H

haden-wolf

DENIS MORTIMER - hero of VP now getting it in the neck for suggesting those opposing this are not villa fans! lmfao

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa seem to be selling their best stars and will now sign half a team that got their local rivals relegated to replace them.

The Villa fans are after his blood now, imagine if he signs a few players from blues,they turn out to be duds and Villa go through a bad patch.

A bemusing appointment to say the least.

F

FLEET WOLF

I think this will all go pear shaped for Villa, particulary given that they will lose some good players. Personally, I expect them to struggle next year. What are the odds on Mcleish taking two different teams down in successive years?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why all the anti-Mcleish posts he is a decent manager and for the sake of 5 mins we would be down and Birmingham in the premier league.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this will all go pear shaped for Villa, particulary given that they will lose some good players. Personally, I expect them to struggle next year. What are the odds on Mcleish taking two different teams down in successive years?
The next Avram Grant? :D

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There second home game in is against us, could really work in our favour if he dont win his first two games, could be the final nail in the villa coffin if we go and beat them on there patch again.

F

FLEET WOLF

Why all the anti-Mcleish posts he is a decent manager and for the sake of 5 mins we would be down and Birmingham in the premier league.

I agree he is quite a decent manager, but if Villa start badly, the crowd will get on him much quicker than any other manager they might appoint. I am also not sure that some of the players will necessarily take to him. It actually wouldn't surprise me if he didn't last the whole season. Some things are not meant to be in football, meaning some managers don't seem right for certain teams and this is what I see here.

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This. Football's such a fickle game. A few decent results & it will quickly be forgotten. Same was said about Pardew when he was appointed. Granted McLeish's current brand of football isn't great - but at the bottom of the PL managers use fair means or foul to stay up. His football is certainly no worse than Stoke's when they first came up & as mentioned he was one goal/5 minutes away from keeping Blues up at our expense.

B

Bostin

I can see the banner over Villa park now..... 'Alex McLeish, Black Country legend' :D

Liking the fact that we play them 3rd game of the season too. Could put some real pressure on if we have a repeat of last years result!

W

W01ves

What are the odds for McLeish to be the next PL manager sacked this season?

:D

wolf of sedgley

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't do too well considering he spend loads of money the past two seasons.

M

Mugwump

Shades of Hodgson to Liverpool and Wilson to Sheff Utd imo. A manager none of the fans want. Its not going to end well for big eck.

S

Shergar

Birmingham Mail has reported there are 100 Villa fans outside the Holte End protesting. Police have confirmed it is the best atmosphere they have had down there for 4 years!

J

Jungleee

At least the Aston Villa fans have made their views on the appointment felt nationally. Shows their form of protest is/was effective - despite the fact it didn't actually work.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
At least the Aston Villa fans have made their views on the appointment felt nationally. Shows their form of protest is/was effective - despite the fact it didn't actually work.

If it didn't work, how was it effective?

I think it's an ubelieveable naivety from the board to appoint him, the first sign and dip in form the fans will be baying for his head.

But that's what you get from a foreign owner who knows nothing about local rivalry.

B

BeardyWolf

Pretty sure Lerners aware of local rivalry... He's just a pro troll and a attention seeker.

Back
Top Bottom