Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Maximilian Kilman: 'I'm really pushing to be in the England squad. It is my dream'

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Football-addict

Wolves captain has relished his journey from university and futsal to the Premier League – now he is targeting a spot at Euro 2024

Maximilian Kilman is reflecting on the days when, long before evolving into one of the Premier League's most consistent defenders at Wolves, fierce derbies largely comprised playing in student matches for the University of Hertfordshire, from which he will formally graduate with a business and sport management degree this September. "I remember Bedfordshire away," he says, smiling, recalling playing another university. "It was similar to how it is now; the students would be booing, supporting their university, and you felt that rivalry. It was something I really enjoyed, the whole atmosphere and vibe. I am still friends with some of the boys from the uni team. I don't think anyone expected I would get this far."

As a teenager Kilman juggled turning out for the university with playing non-league for eighth-tier Marlow and fifth-tier Maidenhead, from whom he joined Wolves six years ago. At university, Kilman starred as a No 10, contributing goals and assists. It was a role he enjoyed a cameo in when Wolves Under-23s earned a comeback victory at Manchester United to pave the way to promotion to Premier League 2 in his first season. After 79 minutes, Wolves, led by Rob Edwards, trailed 2-0 at Leigh Sports Village. "For the last 10 minutes I got thrown up into the attack as a No 10 … I had a tiny say in the game," he says, typically modest.

Continue reading...

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom