Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matt Murray - Footballers Show - Sky

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Caught the end of a repeat of this this show afternoon. The last 15 minutes had a discussion between the guests including Matt and Joey Barton about how difficult it is to adjust to life outside football. Matt was saying that not having a game to aim for really threw him, and even though Wolves helped him with some ambassador work he found retirement very difficult to deal with. Some of the stuff Barton, and Matt agreeing with him, said about the fact that they are products, the amount of abuse they get and the fact academy's are pumping out products without the kids having any desire was eye opening.

Very interesting stuff. Knowing Sky they will repeat it so catch it if you can.

W

WasStefan

Yeah caught the end of it last night. Matt spoke sense. Barton babbled on a Danny Simpson didn't really say much at all.

Re it being 'hard' retiring at 35, give me £20,000 a week for 15 years and I'll do it...

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saw a bit if it this afternoon myself. Matt came across really well and spoke about his injuries and how they affected him. Joey Barton was his typical schizophrenic self, spoke sense at times but seemed intent on talking about media intrusion. Danny Simpson just mumbled a lot.

Back
Top Bottom