Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matt Murray co-comms

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess most posters are either at the games or watching match streams, but Matt Murray's co-commentary on Wolves World gives an interesting insight into players, and especially Mick.
He reacts very much as a fan, and somebody who still feels very close to the team, and clearly celebrated Saturday's point. Comes across very well.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Erudite and well spoken. Intelligent and as you say has an 'in' into the Club and what is happening behind the scenes. This can work the other way as he comes over, not surprisingly, as almost a spokesman for the club. I'd rather a more dispassionate person, not quite so associated with the club who could more readily and openly discuss both sides of the argument. But at least he can string 2 sentences together which is better than many footballers!

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't help but feel you'd favour McIndoe or maybe Mark Davies slagging off everything about the team and the club?

Still waiting for your list of prospective replacements for MM by the way.

J

johnybig32

Erudite and well spoken. Intelligent and as you say has an 'in' into the Club and what is happening behind the scenes. This can work the other way as he comes over, not surprisingly, as almost a spokesman for the club. I'd rather a more dispassionate person, not quite so associated with the club who could more readily and openly discuss both sides of the argument. But at least he can string 2 sentences together which is better than many footballers!

So he can string together more sentences then we can passes? ;)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't help but feel you'd favour McIndoe or maybe Mark Davies slagging off everything about the team and the club?

Still waiting for your list of prospective replacements for MM by the way.
What the hell has this thread got to do with my views on MM? You really are a complete $$$$.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love it when he's in the studio for a Wolves game; he's the least objective summariser I've ever seen!

Last edited by a moderator:
J

johnybig32

So what if he is biased towards us? He is entitled to be.

Its what everyone would expect?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's lovably unprofessional on his part! Matt Murray might be my favourite human being in the world. When I was about 13, I played tennis 2 or 3 times a week at Newbridge tennis club. He'd always chat to me when he walked past after training and even took time out to take part in the tennis lesson I was in once - where he stayed for half an hour.

A really decent human being and I hope he is involved with Wolves for many years to come.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant Sky/ESPN studios. He refers to Wolves as 'we' and I love him for it.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he hold the official title of club ambassador or is it more of an unofficial thing? I know Man United do it with the likes of Bryan Robson, I'd love for us to have Bully/Murray etc. signed up on a similar basis.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I meant Sky/ESPN studios. He refers to Wolves as 'we' and I love him for it.

So do Neville, Redknapp, Shearer, Linker, Wilkins & Hansen... Majority of pundits still show a slight preference for former clubs/teams they support. Murray has the potential to be a great pundit IMO and I hope sky give him more opportunities.

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I really enjoy Matt now he is co commentator on Beacon. The old regime of 'Robbie me legend' and the other tool commentating really used to do my head in.

But now Matt and the new commentator have given Beacon a measured authorative proffessionalism that is surprising as its enjoyable. Long may it continue. Regarding Matt I think he has a real future in TV punditry.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess most posters are either at the games or watching match streams, but Matt Murray's co-commentary on Wolves World gives an interesting insight into players, and especially Mick.
He reacts very much as a fan, and somebody who still feels very close to the team, and clearly celebrated Saturday's point. Comes across very well.

I will always have a lot of time for Matt. He comes across as a very decent bloke who clearly loves Wolves as we all do.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does he hold the official title of club ambassador or is it more of an unofficial thing? I know Man United do it with the likes of Bryan Robson, I'd love for us to have Bully/Murray etc. signed up on a similar basis.

I think Bully is an ambassador of sorts isn't he?

Back
Top Bottom