Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matt Doherty 2513 Days

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

MutchAdo

Reaction score
Matt D'oherty

595036.jpg

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better call him docatino then.

Cant remember where i saw the interview with him where he said it, but even though a lot of people in Ireland pronounce Doherty with a " Doc ", he doesnt apparently.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant remember where i saw the interview with him where he said it, but even though a lot of people in Ireland pronounce Doherty with a " Doc ", he doesnt apparently.
« doh » :D

W

we8wba

See the vote on Twitter is bang on 50/50 in whether he is good enough for the premier

Will be interesting year

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one here does. It's always pronounced without the added c.

I know a few Irish people where some of my family are from who use the doc pronunciation, but I know it's not particularly common. Think it may be more a Scottish thing.

W

Wolves in Bucharest

Two different names, the Irish name Doherty and the Scottish name Docherty as in Tommy Doc.

T

TurboTaco91

I know a few Irish people where some of my family are from who use the doc pronunciation, but I know it's not particularly common. Think it may be more a Scottish thing.
What part of Ireland are they from?

W

Wolves in Bucharest

We've had this argument before, I'm not disputing your claim but my mother's people are from West Cork, Skibbereen/Baltimore and I've never heard them use 'Doc' for Doherty. As I say above the names are different one being Irish and the other Scottish.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had this argument before, I'm not disputing your claim but my mother's people are from West Cork, Skibbereen/Baltimore and I've never heard them use 'Doc' for Doherty. As I say above the names are different one being Irish and the other Scottish.

That's why I said it's not common. Could be they have a Scottish mix in their families, I don't know.

Mind you, they are a lot further west than Skibbereen, they might get a bit stranger the further west you go :D

W

Wolves in Bucharest

Good God man, do you not know that Cork is the centre of civilisation as we know it. There is no such thing as a strange Cork man or woman for that matter.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's why I said it's not common. Could be they have a Scottish mix in their families, I don't know.

Mind you, they are a lot further west than Skibbereen, they might get a bit stranger the further west you go :D
Yep. They are called Kerry folk. :D

blaenboy

Reaction score
The “Dowerty ” pronunciation on the TV is irritating too. It is a short “o” as (indeed!) in “doc”, but no “c”. Don’t know how to use Twitter but I would add my vote to “good enough “ to make it a majority.

F

Fast Eddie

Doherty was our 3rd best player, behind Neves and Jiminez, against Everton, according to Opta, with a rating of 7.20.

I didn't see the whole game, only highlights, so I can't comment on the reliability of Opta ratings, and I know they don't always tell the full picture. But they are independent. ans objective and based on multiple factors so they are a decent indicator.

Any rating of 7 or above is good.

Interestingly Ryan Bennett was 4th best with a rating 7.10.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good God man, do you not know that Cork is the centre of civilisation as we know it. There is no such thing as a strange Cork man or woman for that matter.
You didn't meet my Nanny and Pampa!!! Loved them to bits but by the power of all that is good and holy, they were odd. When they first came over, they settled in Shoreditch and if they were still alive today, they wouldn't look out of place in that soup of beardy Bo'ho chic...including my nan.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He definitely good enough to make the step up, he’ll prove that right after a good run of games.

Good interview here

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Northern Ireland it's doc never heard anyone up here call it do

Back
Top Bottom