Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matchday Ticket Prices

Tom

Reaction score
Now less than a week until tickets for our first home game go on sale and still no word on matchday prices/categories of games etc. Just a few hints about a special cheaper members area of the north bank. Have we even had it confirmed where away fans will be ?
Is this a ploy by the club to try and shift as many season tickets as possible before announcing some bargain matchday prices ?

A

andyc225

Now less than a week until tickets for our first home game go on sale and still no word on matchday prices/categories of games etc. Just a few hints about a special cheaper members area of the north bank. Have we even had it confirmed where away fans will be ?
Is this a ploy by the club to try and shift as many season tickets as possible before announcing some bargain matchday prices ?

No, it's just a ploy by the club to fill the corner from which you can only see half of the pitch.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not another ploy by the club! :D

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if they weren't the same as Cat B prices from last season. So £24 behind the goals and £28/£30 on the side.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be amazed if they weren't the same as Cat B prices from last season. So £24 behind the goals and £28/£30 on the side.

If thats the case, I think we'll have a lot of empty seats this season. I suspect you'll be right though.

Personally, I think that £20 behind the goals and £24 in the Steve Bull would be a fair price.

Anything else is too expensive and likely to put people off in my opinion.

$$$$$$$$ to paying £24 to watch us play Huddersfield on a cold and wet December Tuesday night.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope they don't insult us by having A,B and C games - after 3 years in the Prem all the games in the league are C games imo. £20-£25 max.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If thats the case, I think we'll have a lot of empty seats this season. I suspect you'll be right though.

Personally, I think that £20 behind the goals and £24 in the Steve Bull would be a fair price.

Anything else is too expensive and likely to put people off in my opinion.

$$$$$$$$ to paying £24 to watch us play Huddersfield on a cold and wet December Tuesday night.

Totally agree, they make a rod for their own back though with the season ticket price. Currently behind the goal ST renewals not online are £438 working out at a shade over £19 a game. To encourage people to buy season tickets up front and to make them appear good value they have to hike match by match prices well above this.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should have left the Early Bird open all summer. Then they would have left themselves with more room to price match by match tickets at a competitive level.

W

we8wba

i'm expecting

£25 behind goals
£35 on side of pitch

when we last was in the champ i think we was charging away fans around £35 in bully lower

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i'm expecting

£25 behind goals
£35 on side of pitch

when we last was in the champ i think we was charging away fans around £35 in bully lower
Don't care what away fans are charged - as a 'game by game' attender at Molineux I want to see match day prices reflecting the division we're in. £35 for a NPC game is a joke.

B

Bostin

Doesn't the cheapest season ticket work out to £19 a game? Can't really go any lower than that

R

Redditch Wolves

Doesn't the cheapest season ticket work out to £19 a game? Can't really go any lower than that

Cheapest is £16 behind the goals.

I know people say they can't afford a season ticket but if you actually think logically then it's a bargain especially when you get 9 months interest free with a Wolves Mastercard or take the DD route via the club.

B

Bostin

I know people say they can't afford a season ticket but if you actually think logically then it's a bargain especially when you get 9 months interest free with a Wolves Mastercard or take the DD route via the club.

If you live in the area, it's a no brainer. If you're likely to miss a few games, it's probably best to go on a match by match basis

J

Jameswwfc

Can't afford one? People have 12 months to save up for one, it's not like it just creeps up on ya without you knowing then bang 370. I know myself next march i'll have to part again with 370 to renew again.

R

Redditch Wolves

Can't afford one? People have 12 months to save up for one, it's not like it just creeps up on ya without you knowing then bang 370. I know myself next march i'll have to part again with 370 to renew again.

Exactly and I don't have that problem.

But my point is you can prolong the payments by doing it over 9 months interest free which equates to £41 a month but I think it's the fear factor by people automatically seeing £370 and freaking out. Some people need to see it broken down to part with the cash rather than one lump sum.

W

wolvesultra

They should have left the Early Bird open all summer. Then they would have left themselves with more room to price match by match tickets at a competitive level.

they left it open for long enough and have been ringing people who didnt renew this week saying they can still have them at early bird price, sounds a bit desperate to me

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
they left it open for long enough and have been ringing people who didnt renew this week saying they can still have them at early bird price, sounds a bit desperate to me

If that is the case then anyone who has paid the full summer price should ring up and claim the difference between the two.

Tom

Reaction score
I feel that for me and my lad the difference between pay as you go and ST is negligable if you use all the benefits available to non ST holders. Me - My Wolves member = 1 free game + 10% off all other matches. Son - Young Wolves member = 3 free games + 10% off all others. Both - £10 tickets 4 games per year (4 for 40) plus the new " members area " of the North Bank. We always miss a couple of games per season due to holidays etc, so I reckon there's not much in it.
Oh and there was also that 5 for £99 deal that we did before Christmas last year. I'm sure there will be more things like that this season as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel that for me and my lad the difference between pay as you go and ST is negligable if you use all the benefits available to non ST holders. Me - My Wolves member = 1 free game + 10% off all other matches. Son - Young Wolves member = 3 free games + 10% off all others. Both - £10 tickets 4 games per year (4 for 40) plus the new " members area " of the North Bank. We always miss a couple of games per season due to holidays etc, so I reckon there's not much in it.
Oh and there was also that 5 for £99 deal that we did before Christmas last year. I'm sure there will be more things like that this season as well.

Well said Tom. I hope hundreds if not thousands of other people take note and do the same thing.

Tom

Reaction score
Just checked the t & c s of My Wolves. £5 tickets for the B'ham and Bristol City games as well. Just gets better!

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had several calls.

Not interested in why I have not renewed my season-ticket, just want what is effectively a loan from me.

Well done, after 40 years of undying support, you have finally driven me away.

I am pretty sure the new manager will turn out to be an absolute winner and I am not happy that I will not be there.

I wish you well attracting new fans, Wolves - you are going to need them to replace the ones you have alienated in the last ten years.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that O.W.E.I. For the Club to lose someone of such loyal and long-standing (some might say long-suffering!) support, something just can't be right.

Out of interest, is it purely the £40 Direct Debit fee that has brought you to this decision rather than the Season Ticket price as a whole? What was the Club's reaction when you told them this?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that O.W.E.I. For the Club to lose someone of such loyal and long-standing (some might say long-suffering!) support, something just can't be right.

Out of interest, is it purely the £40 Direct Debit fee that has brought you to this decision rather than the Season Ticket price as a whole? What was the Club's reaction when you told them this?

God help us all if you start him off again with this Tring. Where have you been hiding?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
personally i think 35 quid for the fizzy pop is shocking, our customer service and ideas behind the scenes to encourage people to keep going and to entice new fans are laughable

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much is WV1 on a match by match basis?

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, it is - I was happy to pay by DD, but I'm certainly not going to pay £40 for the privilege. None of the other local clubs charge, why should Wolves?

The club were not interested, I guess they think they will suddenly magic up thousands of new fans to fill the empty stadium.

God help us all if you start him off again with this Tring. Where have you been hiding?

God forbid someone should make a stand against a blatant rip off:eek:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, it is - I was happy to pay by DD, but I'm certainly not going to pay £40 for the privilege. None of the other local clubs charge, why should Wolves?

The club were not interested, I guess they think they will suddenly magic up thousands of new fans to fill the empty stadium.

God forbid someone should make a stand against a blatant rip off:eek:

I just knew we'd be off and running again :D

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are two things that put me off a season ticket:

1. Our season tickets are the most expensive in the Midlands. Villa, Stoke and Albion are all cheaper than us - and they're playing Premiership football.

2. If the club expect us to pay their prices, then its only fair that they give us value for money - and part of that includes having working scoreboards. Its petty - but its part of "the package". If I was £10 short of the price of a season ticket, the club wouldn't let me off with it - so it works both ways as far as i'm concerned - offer the full package (working scoreboards, and a PA system that can actually be heard at a decent volume) - and then i'll pay the full price of a season ticket.

The club aren't interested in the fans now. All they're interested in is the ££££s. Sponsors come first - even the scoreboard is covered in them - and as soon as the bloke comes on the PA system on a match day, he starts reeling off all the various sponsors too. It gets on my tits.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see blue bog rolls in the toilets next season with the "SportingBet" sponsor on each sheet.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just knew we'd be off and running again :D

Crivens Burton, what gave you the impression that I would ever let it drop until our club stop shafting the loyal fans of Wolverhampton Wanderers FC? :D

J

Jameswwfc

1. Our season tickets are the most expensive in the Midlands. Villa, Stoke and Albion are all cheaper than us - and they're playing Premiership football.

Fair enough point i suppose

2. If the club expect us to pay their prices, then its only fair that they give us value for money - and part of that includes having working scoreboards. Its petty - but its part of "the package". If I was £10 short of the price of a season ticket, the club wouldn't let me off with it - so it works both ways as far as i'm concerned - offer the full package (working scoreboards, and a PA system that can actually be heard at a decent volume) - and then i'll pay the full price of a season ticket.

Don't get this, to me you pay your money well i do to watch the players on the pitch only. I couldn't care less about a scoreboard, what do i need that for i know what the score is i'm at the bloody game and is there anything over the pa system that you'd actually want to hear??? The only thing i wanna see at the molineux and the only reason i go is to see them 11 players on the pitch so for me i'm getting value for money 100%.

The club aren't interested in the fans now. All they're interested in is the ££££s. Sponsors come first - even the scoreboard is covered in them - and as soon as the bloke comes on the PA system on a match day, he starts reeling off all the various sponsors too. It gets on my tits.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see blue bog rolls in the toilets next season with the "SportingBet" sponsor on each sheet.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't get this, to me you pay your money well i do to watch the players on the pitch only. I couldn't care less about a scoreboard, what do i need that for i know what the score is i'm at the bloody game and is there anything over the pa system that you'd actually want to hear??? The only thing i wanna see at the molineux and the only reason i go is to see them 11 players on the pitch so for me i'm getting value for money 100%.

Its the principal of it though. We're paying more than any other club for our tickets, so therefore, the club should be going all out to make it worthwhile.

They may be small anal things - but other clubs are paying less, and they provide working scoreboards, etc. Whether people look at them or not, who cares. The point is, when you're paying that much for tickets, you expect everything to be in place.

If I didn't have the full amount of money to pay for my ticket at the ticket office, I'd be refused a ticket. The club wouldn't accept being "short changed" - so it works both ways. When I'm paying over-inflated prices for a ticket, I don"t expect to be "short changed" either.

J

Jameswwfc

£16.34 to watch a game of football is a bargain to me but thats just me. Not fussed about scoreboards or anything like that, aslong as i can still smoke at half time that'll do me

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree with OWEI and RJ.

Also, the club paid the 'not for a novice' manager a reported half a million to fail to win a single game in thirteen.

How's that for value?

Keep the faith:p

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

AFAIK they don't charge to pay by DD

I try not use any of the companies involved - they maybe putting money in, but if they are not going to do it sympathetically (ie by not ruining the shirt with a $$$$e logo), then they can beg all they want.

At least it would fall off quickly.

Completely agree with OWEI.

So do I.

Also, the club paid the 'not for a novice' manager a reported half a million to fail to win a single game in thirteen.

I would have failed to win a game for £250,000 - surely that would have represented better value to the club?

Keep the faith:p

J

Jameswwfc

Keep seeing this value for money, didn't realise supporting a football club was about this.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It`s not really the price of the season-ticket for me its also the cost of travelling up;sometimes my wife has to work weekends at short-notice so have child-care duties and then struggle to get to the evening games due to work-commitments means that its easier to pick and choose.

Still think the price of the South Bank ticket is good value.I just baulked at Cat A game prices in the Steve Bull last season so think i will probably go to more games this season as it will be cheaper and easier to get the tickets in South Bank.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest a season ticket for Wigan, a PL club still, is 275 quid and for seniors 210 quid. I know many consider them to be a tinpot club but you are still watching the rest of the PL at each home game. Chelsea first up. Compare that to Wolves championship ticket prices where you will have the privilege of watching Barnsley etc.
Definitely a rip-off.
PS. Wigan works out at 11.32 a game for me as a senior, 14.47 if you're under 65.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's been confirmed on the o/s that matchday prices are at last years cat B prices i.e £24 behind the goals - i'm a ST holder in the North Bank and i'm paying £16 per game (less than that when you take the extra £40 discount we got for having no roof for a few matches)- i think a casual fan shouldn't be expected to pay half as much again for a ticket - i get the feeling theres going to be plenty of empty seats this season with a few sub 20k gates - does anyone have any idea of how many season tickets have been sold so far?

W

WasStefan

It's been confirmed on the o/s that matchday prices are at last years cat B prices i.e £24 behind the goals - i'm a ST holder in the North Bank and i'm paying £16 per game (less than that when you take the extra £40 discount we got for having no roof for a few matches)- i think a casual fan shouldn't be expected to pay half as much again for a ticket - i get the feeling theres going to be plenty of empty seats this season with a few sub 20k gates - does anyone have any idea of how many season tickets have been sold so far?
Sub 15k season tickets werent it?

Back
Top Bottom