Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Match Fitness

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is not a moaning thread. Just curious how long its going to take to get the squads match fitness up? Get the impression that some havent had a pre season at all. As frustrating as today was we need to be patient whilst the new guys get sharp and adapt to the english game.

I know we are a few games in but the new guys need a run of games.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's a big issue. Tex getting cramp after 65 mins is very worrying.
Cav looked good today, but a long way from full fitness.

wesley

Reaction score
Both CBJ and Costa deteriorated rapidly last ten minutes which contributed to their goal.

T

The Wolf of Willenhall

Yep agree. Wolves playing catch up in this regard, this is what cost us today. Well that and a bent referee.

Wolvesfcneil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of the players should be up to a good level of fitness by now IC was playing games for Monaco fitness should not be an issue with him and most of the other signings were not free agents so should have had pre season with their respectful clubs

D

Deleted member 4008

Really sorry to **** on the fire . But this ****e about fitness always makes me smile . Don't other teams have international players and breaks ? I don't see the teams at the top struggling. That's because they have played better football and we have been average. Yes theses players haven't played in the English game but they should be fit .

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They generally slouch about on the continent. Coming up against mega fit Championship players is a culture shock for some of them.

"You mean we have to run about?"

Yes, you do. It's work ethic over technical ability in England. Always has been and always will be. If you can do both whilst all around you are losing their heads, you will be a man my son.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought our Walt had them trainining 24/7? If they aint up to it now........

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really sorry to **** on the fire . But this ****e about fitness always makes me smile . Don't other teams have international players and breaks ? I don't see the teams at the top struggling. That's because they have played better football and we have been average. Yes theses players haven't played in the English game but they should be fit .

They probably are fit but the pace and physicality of the game over here can take some getting used to. Seemed like the case today.

D

Deleted member 4008

I am sorry but I think we have an exciting squad but seriously this makes me smile. Theses players have come from playing for much bigger sides than is currently. I never see a problem in world cups with Brazil or Germany or even Portugal in the Euros. These teams how many of their players play in England ?. Yes they play for big clubs i. Europe but Monaco and Benfica are in that elite bracket . So it's *******s to suggest some of these statements .

D

Deleted member 4008

I take it Villa were unfit last season that's why they went down. No they were **** in comparison. All I am saying is midtable is our current level and probably that's why we drew today

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am sorry but I think we have an exciting squad but seriously this makes me smile. Theses players have come from playing for much bigger sides than is currently. I never see a problem in world cups with Brazil or Germany or even Portugal in the Euros. These teams how many of their players play in England ?. Yes they play for big clubs i. Europe but Monaco and Benfica are in that elite bracket . So it's *******s to suggest some of these statements .

Im glad your smiling because your use of the swear filter on this thread suggests you are quite angry.

I dont think some of these statements are "*******s" at all given that Zenga said some of our signings arrived at the club in pretty poor shape.

Now maybe im wrong, maybe im not but so what. This place is all about opinions.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with the OP, match fitness does appear to be an issue for some players.Some encouraging signs today,but if we're aiming top 6 then we need the finished article from our new signings.

grubbyears

Reaction score
I`m surprised some of new signings haven`t been given a runout in the u23`s or had closed door friendlies arranged to improve their match fitness

Back
Top Bottom