Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Match Day drinking Wolverhampton

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a wall. A few minute walk from Molineux with a supermarket where can buy cans stress free. Hmmmmm

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Serving time ( but good service in general, in turn, with a smile etc)
2. Atmosphere
3. Sports channels on TV
3. Music ( more post game)
4. Price
5. Food (happy with a cob though)
6. Glasses ( not plastic)

Good luck ( I may add in others to make a top 10 later but there's a start)

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  1. Fast service at the bar, so lots of bar staff
  2. Peroni, San Miguel, Estrella or Birra Moretti on tap
  3. Liquidator played about 14.40 on Saturdays
  4. Live football on tv before/ after match
  5. Decent music (I’m more indie/ rock) once all football matches finished
  6. Get the Lychgate Tavern to supply the cheese and onion cobs, £1 each max
  7. Sensible seating/ standing layout

Will get back to you with some more as I think of them.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not too rammed, decent ales and lager (I drink both depending on the weather and my mood), sweaty cobs for a quid, Sky and BT, a DJ or jukebox with wolves-related or just decent indie tunes, an outside space, proper glasses (we're on the pop away in Amsterdam), and friendly efficient staff. I won't mention prices as living in the south east I'm always dumbfounded when they tell me how much.

The Civic idea would be fantastic.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good ale.
Good company.
Friendly local.
Nice cobs.
Good scratchings.

AntonusKlesk

Groupie
Reaction score
A modern and varied beer selection - Hogs do this well.
Space to get to and be served at the bar in a timely manner - Hogs can't do this.
Dedicated smaller area for ordering drinks that take a long time to prepare.

W

WasStefan

Busy not not rammed
Atmosphere
Reasonable beer price
Reasonable selection of draught and bottle
Served within 5 minutes
Beer garden
Sky Sports / BT is a must for me

Basically the hogs but half as busy

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't understand the love in for the Hogshead. The place is the last place I'd go on matchday. Guess i enjoy my pint not flat.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hog's Head has a fantastic selection of ales & craft beers on, and they rotate so quickly sometimes during a saturday afternoon!
That and the atmosphere are winners, it could have more space and quicker service

W

WasStefan

Hog's Head has a fantastic selection of ales & craft beers on, and they rotate so quickly sometimes during a saturday afternoon!
That and the atmosphere are winners, it could have more space and quicker service
Agree even on non match days its a top pub

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah as you may know I made that mistake in the tiny bar at Magees - a bloke got served and backed away from the bar leaving me and this other chap to dart into the available bar space - me being me (polite and all that) said "goo on mate, you go first".

He said "Cheers mate..................35 pints of Carling please."

I kid you not, what a ****.

Other than that, I love the karaoke that cracks on in Magees before kick off, plus the great music being blasted out (Jam/Oasis etc).
Atmosphere is everything, ok its not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine.

Just wish it was easier to get served, but they are quite quick and do their best.

loved it in there wen we had ar little get together mate.We are planning on summat different for this season,so ya might see us in there more often.;)
For years we have always ended up in the Cuban bar.

Last edited:

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent beer, quick service and not too rammed are my top priorities. A matchday for me, with travel and drinking, is around 12 hours and so I do like a sit down in the pub as I’m not so young and I stand to watch the game.

Footy on tv is an ideal but I find it’s difficult to get that plus my top 3 priorities. If there’s a game on that I want to see I usually head for the Stile which is busier than I’d like but the great beer, service and atmosphere make up for it.

W

WasStefan

By the way how **** is the new Cuban. That won't last. Cuban worked because it was a cheap ****hole where literally nothing was off bars

M

Mr Wolf

By the way how **** is the new Cuban. That won't last. Cuban worked because it was a cheap ****hole where literally nothing was off bars
Only been there once, Newcastle vs Liverpool was on, assume we had a game before as I barely remember it but it was a decent pint of Guinness with plenty of screens.

Think it will do good business this season during the football Saturdays.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Billy Wright's for after the game. Beer might not be the best, but who cares then. Great atmosphere, music and vibes.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Beers shocking in Billy Wright but about £2 a pint. Claredon and those ones are good pre match, not too far from Molineux.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** pint on the whole though isn’t it
How can you say its a **** pint ? they have a vast range of real ales every week, unless you reckon he cannot keep his cellar ? Iv'e found his beers to be okay when I have been in, don't go as much since tatters use it as a base, tend to do Gt Western, Posada, Duke of York (tap).

D

Deleted member 3751

I like where I go. Sports on the telly, lager is decent and reasonably priced as is the food. No queues at the bar, plenty of room to sit down or easy enough to have a game of pool. Only downside is no real pre-match atmosphere but I can get that by walking down to Molineux to beat the queues getting into the Steve Bull!

W

wolvesultra

How can you say its a **** pint ? they have a vast range of real ales every week, unless you reckon he cannot keep his cellar ? Iv'e found his beers to be okay when I have been in, don't go as much since tatters use it as a base, tend to do Gt Western, Posada, Duke of York (tap).
Yeah that’s what I meant not the choice the fact it always seemed he couldn’t keep his cellar always tasted **** and tried a few. Couple of mates say the same if we go in there stick to bottles.

R

reanswolf

loved it in there wen we had ar little get together mate.We are planning on summat different for this season,so ya might see us in there more often.;)
For years we have always ended up in the Cuban bar.
Good to hear that Steve, we tend to spend the last hour pre-match in there, its a great build up atmosphere-wise.

R

reanswolf

I think its really sad in this modern-age that people go to a pub or remember it simply because the barmaid has a low-cut top on!!

Mind you its the same with a barmaid in the Albert, which I find a surprisingly decent and under-used pub. I shall probably be using it more often, primarily for the initial reason.

W

wolvesultra

I think its really sad in this modern-age that people go to a pub or remember it simply because the barmaid has a low-cut top on!!

Mind you its the same with a barmaid in the Albert, which I find a surprisingly decent and under-used pub. I shall probably be using it more often, primarily for the initial reason.
I practically lived in the Albert around 2002-2007 it’s just not the same anymore though.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Beers shocking in Billy Wright but about £2 a pint. Claredon and those ones are good pre match, not too far from Molineux.
Yer Claredon good call peszkt. Also in chapel the Electric club. Or what about the Emerald club, cannock rd.Mind I ain't been in there for years, so not sure of quality.??

Back
Top Bottom