Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mark ' the cheat ' davies

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why pick on him? They all do it -- apart from us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Have to admit, from where I was sat in the Billy Wright, I thought it looked a penalty. I'm guessing that television replays have proven otherwise. Either way, I also thought Johnson should have stayed on his feet and jockeyed him rather than going to ground.

Thought Davies was completely anonymous apart from that.

L

liquidatorwolf

$$$$ Mark Davies the $$$$er who turns up for 5 mins, he will never understand

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What they should do is retrospectively look at incidents and where it is obvious a player has dived they should be given a 10 game ban.

Would soon eradicate it.

J

johnybig32

Just watched it on ESPN, never EVER a penalty.

I dont know how the ref can give it.

It wouldnt have made a difference but we have been on the end of so many poor refs decisions this year.

Halsey, Atwell, Moss today.

Why always us?

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What they should do is retrospectively look at incidents and where it is obvious a player has dived they should be given a 10 game ban.

Would soon eradicate it.

agreed

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone see Blackpool v Southampton earlier.

For both penalties I thought the players went down ridiculously easily. Especially Taylor-Fletcher who maintained his balance under two challenges; as soon as he gets into the box he starts falling. He's a cheat and it's a disgrace.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Would soon eradicate it.

Yes, this is what is needed.

It won't happen though.......the 'Grey area' is so big it would end up with all games being reviewed! Look at the mess over red card tackles.

If you can't beat them and the 'system' refuses to too.......:dong:

J

johnybig32

I meant in the season...

Not today. Today it ruined the confidence.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, it was so bad that Hennessey was laughing and joking with Davies at the end of the game.

Well I'm not laughing sweetheart

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember when we played QPR away a few years back and he just blatantly dived in the box it was embarassing at the time.

See he`s still up to his old tricks.

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, this is what is needed.

It won't happen though.......the 'Grey area' is so big it would end up with all games being reviewed! Look at the mess over red card tackles.

If you can't beat them and the 'system' refuses to too.......:dong:

I just find it interesting how players can maintain their balance three yards outside the box yet inside they fall over at the sight of an out- stretched leg.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good for them.. have a chat out of camera shot.. Doing so where fans can see it after blatant cheating is taking the $$$$.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Would soon eradicate it.

Totally agree. They will not start taking points off clubs, but they must do something. Its ruining the game along with poor goal line decisions.

Refs and linos just can't make enough of the right calls that change games. The video option should be there for them, not on a big screen, but in their ears.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
I just find it interesting how players can maintain their balance three yards outside the box yet inside they fall over at the sight of an out- stretched leg.

I blame the foreigners!......and selling out to the GL over an honest and fair sporting competition.

Mr Moxley really does need to re-evaluate his position on ethics in relation to the environment he calls a "great competition" and the best league in the world.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, it was so bad that Hennessey was laughing and joking with Davies at the end of the game.

Well I'm not laughing sweetheart

All players laugh and joke at the end of games whether they win lose or draw, can't remember when but it was a massive game last season when one of the big teams got knocked out of Europe, some of their players were laughing and joking like they just won the lottery.

I'd say the few players who I think would be genuinely disappointed are Kites, Elokobi, Zubar and Jarvo, I watch the players at full time every home game (sad I know) and I think all the players bar the ones mentioned wouldn't give a $$$$ about Wolves getting relegated, just $$$$ed that there wage packet won't see as many 00s next season.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was probably the most blatant dive I have ever seen and he should have been given a yellow card. I have watched it over a dozen times and Johnson goes to ground inexplicably but the delayed fall is embarrassing- how a premier ref could fall for it is beyond comprehension.It was pivotal to the game bcause they were chasing the game having wasted time previously on numerous occasions.It completely knocked the stuffing out of us but some of our defending afterwards was shocking

J

Jungleee

Got his team back in the game, which they went on to win and take a vital 3 points. Leaving them with the chance of survival (and effectively relegating a rival), which in turn, would result in £30m+.

Is cheating worth it? Yes.

Is it morally right? No.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand that Welshy and sportsmen shake hands, win lose or draw. But when someone has blatently cheated, shake hands, walk away. I saw Hennessey laughing and joking with Davies and it (to me) was wrong. Shake hands, walk away then have a beer in the bar later (if you must).

Ive been in the situation myself (different sport) . I was so disgusted with a friend for cheating that I didnt drink with him that day , but did later (its only sport after all). But Davies cheated.. and seeing Hennessey laughing and joking annoyed me more than the dive.

H

Henry's Tackle

I understand that Welshy and sportsmen shake hands, win lose or draw. But when someone has blatently cheated, shake hands, walk away. I saw Hennessey laughing and joking with Davies and it (to me) was wrong. Shake hands, walk away then have a beer in the bar later (if you must).

Ive been in the situation myself (different sport) . I was so disgusted with a friend for cheating that I didnt drink with him that day , but did later (its only sport after all). But Davies cheated.. and seeing Hennessey laughing and joking annoyed me more than the dive.

Hennessey wasn't to know that it was a dive, and they're probably mates from years back.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was disgraceful but I'm more angry at the ref, shocking from the fury few mins when Wheater wrestled Fletcher to the ground after being turned!

He was within a few yards of the ball, I could see from the south bank that it was a DEFINATE dive.

Refereeing incompetence has cost us a ridiculous amount of points this season, yes we've been poor at times but when key decisions constantly go against you it's only natural to feel abit downbeat. If refs had made the right decisions in our matches this season we would have another 10-12 points atleast and wouldn't be in this mess and that's ignoring the fact those extra points would have on confidence ect.

Today there were three big decisions for the officials to make
1) The dive for the penalty - officials got it wrong - a Bolton gain
2) the second goal marginally onside - officials got it right but it was a very close call and could have gone the other way - A Bolton gain.
3) Foul on Ward(?) in the build up - should have been a foul officials got it wrong - a Bolton gain

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dewsburywolf

Would soon eradicate it.

Talk$$$$e had Dermott Gallagher on as we were coming home & he mentioned that in some other country (Germany??) they do retrospectively hand out two game bans if a player has been proven to have dived, said if they brought it out over here it would soon eradicate the problem

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on. they came through the ranks together.

We were essentially relegated and in front of the numb, devestated fans he's laughing and joking. Never mind the fact it was with Davies it was total disrespect to the fans.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Talk$$$$e had Dermott Gallagher on as we were coming home & he mentioned that in some other country (Germany??) they do retrospectively hand out two game bans if a player has been proven to have dived, said if they brought it out over here it would soon eradicate the problem

Them Germans have a lot to be proud of.....and i thought it were us English that were fair and proper!

$$$$in GL!

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I would still prefer a ten game ban.
Would mean arsenal wouldn't be able to field a team most weeks too!!

D

Dewsburywolf

I would still prefer a ten game ban.
Would mean arsenal wouldn't be able to field a team most weeks too!!

Strangely enough Gallagher made reference to Robin van Persie - imagine if his banning put Arsenal at a disadvantage for x amount of games, would soon stamp out diving

R

RichDavi

It was disgraceful but I'm more angry at the ref, shocking from the fury few mins when Wheater wrestled Fletcher to the ground after being turned!

He was within a few yards of the ball, I could see from the south bank that it was a DEFINATE dive.

Refereeing incompetence has cost us a ridiculous amount of points this season, yes we've been poor at times but when key decisions constantly go against you it's only natural to feel abit downbeat. If refs had made the right decisions in our matches this season we would have another 10-12 points atleast and wouldn't be in this mess and that's ignoring the fact those extra points would have on confidence ect.

Today there were three big decisions for the officials to make
1) The dive for the penalty - officials got it wrong - a Bolton gain
2) the second goal marginally onside - officials got it right but it was a very close call and could have gone the other way - A Bolton gain.
3) Foul on Ward(?) in the build up - should have been a foul officials got it wrong - a Bolton gain

Without refereeing incompetence we could have:

3 points today
1 point vs Everton
1-3 points vs Stoke
1 point vs Newcastle
1 point vs Chelsea

With the same luck as our opponents had we could have a further:

1 point vs Norwich (a)
2 points vs Nowich (h)

And here I thought it was meant to even out over the course of the season?

Back
Top Bottom