Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mark Lawrenson.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone has raised this but I think it deserves a thread of its own.
Lawrenson is an experieced man in the football world and especially as a pundit these days and probably well paid. It surely is not that difficult then to keep up with the football world especially the Premier League.
How long is it that we have been owned by Fosun?
According to him on football focus today we are Portuguese owned. :rolleyes: Some rumour site maybe but for someone in his position to make such a bloomer needs to be called out for his imcompetence. So if any of you had any respect for him or his knowledge think again. Next he will join the band of idiots who still say we play in yellow.
Rant over.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And to think the biggest problem with football focus was they got an experienced and intelligent woman as host

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lawrenson has always come over as being an arrogant know all, with no substance to his pontificating.

I Personally find him annoying in the extreme and not worth listening to his self opinionated tosh.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This bloke has always been an idiot. Alan Hansen would always talk sense on Match Of The Day - then they'd get an insight from this idiot that was sat alongside him.

It amazes me that the BBC think that Lawro and Garth Crooks are good pundits.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont know if anyone has raised this but I think it deserves a thread of its own.
Lawrenson is an experieced man in the football world and especially as a pundit these days and probably well paid. It surely is not that difficult then to keep up with the football world especially the Premier League.
How long is it that we have been owned by Fosun?
According to him on football focus today we are Portuguese owned. :rolleyes: Some rumour site maybe but for someone in his position to make such a bloomer needs to be called out for his imcompetence. So if any of you had any respect for him or his knowledge think again. Next he will join the band of idiots who still say we play in yellow.
Rant over.
Can’t blame him Mendes calls the shots

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like 90% of today's army of 'expert analysis' espoused by lamentable 'old boys' (and not so old) It's been years since I listened to a word from any of them.

I suggest the mute button on commentary and the 'off' switch for football focus (other brands are available equally sad or worse)

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a ****.
I also thing he’d be a **** in real life too if you ever met him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirming what I always thought about him. A clueless fool.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t blame him Mendes calls the shots
We know who owns our club but many viewers of a football programme dont and they are bing told that Wolves have Portuguese owners and will probably believe it. I think people should be told the truth but maybe you dont. Fair enough.
However are you saying we cant blame Laurenson for saying that because Mendes calls the shots over him and the BBC?

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met the ***** in the airport years ago as a kid, Said I was a wolves fan and could I have an autograph. He just said I’m sorry for you and walked off....... ******** !!!!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a health scare not so long ago. To me he doesn't look a well man.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Met the ***** in the airport years ago as a kid, Said I was a wolves fan and could I have an autograph. He just said I’m sorry for you and walked off....... ******** !!!!

Wow. What a ****!

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He always tends to predict us losing.....
Might make some money tomorrow.?..

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...is an idiot.

Ex-Brighton and Liverpool, two odious teams I would love to see relegated.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ex-player TV pundits don't generally do a shred of research at all. They know that they are booked as "talent" for their "celebrity" as former players, at most they need to be entertaining. They watch the games they are interested in, no more, no less. If they've got a fixed contract like a Lawrenson and don't actually need to try and perform, it's even better for them.

Sitting alongside Lawrenson today in the BBC studio as "expert" was Dion Dublin, who spent one Wolves game bemoaning Patricio not wearing the number 1 in complete ignorance of the reason why.

I'm sure Alan Hansen openly admitted that he had no interest in watching the "smaller" clubs games at all.

Reactions: Ian

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Very few of the pundits veer away from cliche. They’re ill-informed, lazy and have no interest in anyone other than the sly 6. They steal a living.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lawrenson is always very badly informed. He is only interested in the top six and especially Liverpool and United.
Think you can say this for all pundits. BBC especially come across really uninterested when forced to talk about smaller clubs. But the things they do babble on about they say like they know as absolute facts. When often it is clear they have read a few headlines and watched a few highlights to supposedly justify their huge wage for their “expert opinion” .

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Think you can say this for all pundits. BBC especially come across really uninterested when forced to talk about smaller clubs. But the things they do babble on about they say like they know as absolute facts. When often it is clear they have read a few headlines and watched a few highlights to supposedly justify their huge wage for their “expert opinion” .
BBC’s football coverage is dreadful. I like Shearer as a pundit but beyond that they have nothing.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know who owns our club but many viewers of a football programme dont and they are bing told that Wolves have Portuguese owners and will probably believe it. I think people should be told the truth but maybe you dont. Fair enough.
However are you saying we cant blame Laurenson for saying that because Mendes calls the shots over him and the BBC?
It was a throw away comment born out of the frustration I have at the hold Mendes seems to have over our club and decisions.

Agree its a bit **** a pundit not knowing his facts but its hardly crime of the century, I don’t know (nor care) who owns the majority of other clubs

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BBC’s football coverage is dreadful. I like Shearer as a pundit but beyond that they have nothing.
Football Focus is usually pretty spot on in my opinion. Sad to see Dan go yesterday bit looking forward to Alex Scotts go, now she always does seem to know here stuff when talking about Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom