Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Mark Davies to the Boggies!!?

M

Mugwump

Couldnt really see that happening. He doesnt like the albion but money talks at the end of the day.

F

FLEET WOLF

He clearly wanted to leave Wolves. He is an average PL midfielder, at best.

M

Mugwump

i'm not trying to get anybody to bite tbh. I'm not saying he was told he was leaving regardless of if he wanted to stay. I'm saying he didnt want to leave, but he felt a move away was better for him.

B

bridgnorthwolf

He's about on a par with Dave Jones with a bit more skill and definitely without the professionalism! Certainly not worth anywhere near that money.

saturday boy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha, ha, you can really get anybody to bite on any subject.

Mugwump isn't fishing, he's got inside knowledge and he knows more than he has ever disclosed on here...and it seems like he is still going to keep it that way. :D

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he played well in the first half for Bolton against us on NYE.

M

Mugwump

He has a lot more to his game than DJ. MD is bloody injury prone and thats whats really held him back. Apart from a short spell where he lost his way when he was younger, there is nothing wrong with his professionalism.

P

Penk Wolf

He's a good player, but treated the club badly after the club looked after him. We've moved on, although I wish he was in our midfield now.

M

Mugwump

Mugwump isn't fishing, he's got inside knowledge and he knows more than he has ever disclosed on here...and it seems like he is still going to keep it that way. :D

I sort of dont have much of a choice to keep it to myself, my Dad would kill me :D What i can say is there was no bad blood between anyone at Wolves or MD. Wolves wanted one thing and he wanted another. Thats basically it really without going into detail.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it wasn't for his injury record I would have Davies back in a heartbeat. He is a CREATIVE attacking midfielder which we desperately need. Not saying personality wise he has anything to offer however. Hodgson is a good manager and can see Davies's potential.

P

Paul76

Lets buy him back. He's better than Gued, Henry and Edwards.

S

Sharples

I'd have him back, has something our midfield is lacking.

Dont think Mick would though.

D

dazmanwolf

He didn't fit in and was released by MM for that very reason. He hasn't done much at Bolton to show me he is worthy of a second chance here.

When a player and manager don't see eye to eye then there is not point speculating on him possibly returning here.

He is too injury prone and I would like to see him sold to the Boggies for that very reason. One less player they can call on. :)

H

haden-wolf

Hope he doesn't go there - could end up like paul bradshaw

R

reanswolf

How is that other kid who went to Bolton from us (cos of Chris Evans) doing?

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who?

Achieved more than some perhaps, but he's another from our youth setup who promised much but hasn't delivered.

M

Mugwump

He didn't fit in and was released by MM for that very reason. He hasn't done much at Bolton to show me he is worthy of a second chance here.

When a player and manager don't see eye to eye then there is not point speculating on him possibly returning here.

He is too injury prone and I would like to see him sold to the Boggies for that very reason. One less player they can call on. :)

Mick didnt release him at all. Mick really wanted him to stay. Its also complete nonsense to say he didnt fit in. He is still popular even when he comes back today with the players and staff. Its true they didnt see eye to eye over one thing, but there was never a falling out at all.

P

Penk Wolf

Davies should have done what Kightly, appreciated what the club had done for him and then allowed himself to progress back into the team, not thinking $$$$ Wolves I'll go and play football elsewhere.

M

Mugwump

Davies should have done what Kightly, appreciated what the club had done for him and then allowed himself to progress back into the team, not thinking $$$$ Wolves I'll go and play football elsewhere.

All i will say is you are way off the mark. If people will recall, we were going through a very poor spell at the time and he had just had a very successful loan spell. He was fit and ready to go. He was never considered for selection. Funny how the likes of Edwards seem to be able to get selected when they arent fit, but other players apparently have to prove their fitness.

P

Penk Wolf

All i will say is you are way off the mark. If people will recall, we were going through a very poor spell at the time and he had just had a very successful loan spell. He was fit and ready to go. He was never considered for selection. Funny how the likes of Edwards seem to be able to get selected when they arent fit, but other players apparently have to prove their fitness.

All irrelevant. Wolves had stuck by him through 2 seasons of injuries and he should have stuck by Wolves to see what would come of it, not thrown his dolls out the pram at first opportunity.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were struggling in CM at the time, and the club wanted MD to go out on another loan, and he didn't.

M

Mugwump

All irrelevant. Wolves had stuck by him through 2 seasons of injuries and he should have stuck by Wolves to see what would come of it, not thrown his dolls out the pram at first opportunity.

He didnt throw his toys out of the pram, so thats one thing you've got wrong. He had a legal contract, so we had to stick by him. Neither Wolves or MD did nothing wrong.

P

Penk Wolf

He didnt throw his toys out of the pram, so thats one thing you've got wrong. He had a legal contract, so we had to stick by him. Neither Wolves or MD did nothing wrong.

He handed in a transfer request.

M

Mugwump

He handed in a transfer request.

He did, but he still didnt throw his toys out of the pram as you put it. Wolves wanted him to do one thing, he felt it wasnt the right thing for him so he asked to leave. There is no big story behind it, though i'm sure lots of people would love there to have been a big argument between Mick and Davies. Fact is there wasnt. Its past my bedtime now so if for some reason this bunkum is still going about MD i'll reply tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want him back.......................... he's got $$$$ tattoos. We already have enough players whose arms look like they've let a toddler go mental with a felt tip pen.

No footballing reasons really.

P

Penk Wolf

He did, but he still didnt throw his toys out of the pram as you put it. Wolves wanted him to do one thing, he felt it wasnt the right thing for him so he asked to leave. There is no big story behind it, though i'm sure lots of people would love there to have been a big argument between Mick and Davies. Fact is there wasnt. Its past my bedtime now so if for some reason this bunkum is still going about MD i'll reply tomorrow.

I'm not saying there was a falling out and I'm not saying there is a big story, but if someone had stuck by me I would be prepared to try and pay them back a little, as would most decent person.

Back
Top Bottom