Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

March Internationals

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Have these been cancelled yet considering the travel bans and the whole of Europe pretty much in lockdown?

Seems absolute madness that these might go ahead.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have these been cancelled yet considering the travel bans and the whole of Europe pretty much in lockdown?

Seems absolute madness that these might go ahead.
Particularly when you see the Six Nations rugby falling apart - more positive tests in the French squad.

D

Deleted member 11332

They won't be cancelled. Money > Anything else. The federation's won't allow them being cancelled as they lose revenue.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were in the Europa League knockout rounds tonight I bet we'd be all feel it was safe enough for our players to play games across the continent in their bubbles.

Just for some balance ;)

I think those who play for Portugal won't be travelling, which works well for us, if correct? Although somebody like Neto who needs to prove his worth for a spot in the EUROs will surely be desperate to play.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were in the Europa League knockout rounds tonight I bet we'd be all feel it was safe enough for our players to play games across the continent in their bubbles.

Just for some balance ;)

I think those who play for Portugal won't be travelling, which works well for us, if correct? Although somebody like Neto who needs to prove his worth for a spot in the EUROs will surely be desperate to play.
Neto will be in the Euro squad, whether they play beforehand or not. They already know how good he is.

Podence is the one who might be more keen to try and force his way in, needs a strong finish to the season etc.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto will be in the Euro squad, whether they play beforehand or not. They already know how good he is.

Podence is the one who might be more keen to try and force his way in, needs a strong finish to the season etc.

We know how good Neto is but when it comes to Portuguese 'forwards' who can play around Ronaldo I believe he's currently behind Joao Felix, Jota, Rafa Leao, Rafa Silva, Trincao, Bernardo Silva...

Bruno Fernandes will obviously play in the 10.

Touch and go IMO. Can't see Podence being in it based on a mixture of his own form, better form of others, and constant injuries.

Interestingly the U21s EUROs group stages are towards the end of March, where Portugal play England. Neto eligible but presuming he will get a second senior call up... Vitinha will be playing I'm sure.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know how good Neto is but when it comes to Portuguese 'forwards' who can play around Ronaldo I believe he's currently behind Joao Felix, Jota, Rafa Leao, Rafa Silva, Trincao, Bernardo Silva...

Bruno Fernandes will obviously play in the 10.

Touch and go IMO. Can't see Podence being in it based on a mixture of his own form, better form of others, and constant injuries.

Interestingly the U21s EUROs group stages are towards the end of March, where Portugal play England. Neto eligible but presuming he will get a second senior call up... Vitinha will be playing I'm sure.
I'd be surprised if Santos the Portuguese Coach doesn't talk with Nuno on a very regular basis.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
New cases have been increasing in most European countries in the past 7-10 days.
Barking mad to go ahead with international football matches.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Portugal have moved their world cup qualifier v Azerbaijan which was due to be played in Portugal in March to Turin, Italy.

Last edited:

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
England really need these friendlies, who the hell are we taking to the euro's we have about 20 attacking midfielders.

Emergence of Saka Foden

Mason Mount Jack Grealish, Madison, Sterling.. even Lingard looking good.

Do we give that kid at liverpool ago?

Do we like Stones again now? Who plays next to him.

Our full backs have been off form this season, but there loads more coming through the system.

Which rubbish keeper do we play?

Back
Top Bottom