Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manny joins the Twitter Twits......

C

crasm98

Any normal human would respond like that, so why should footballers be any different? only human after all.

Although if he wants to get away from it all, he could join us on loan for the year

S

Sandwell Wolf

Christ, we really are getting desperate for something to talk about on here aren't we.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Christ, we really are getting desperate for something to talk about on here aren't we.

I guess it depends on whether or not you have an opinion on professional footballer's use of Twitter and racist terms. Sky News seem to deem it worthy of some air time.......

You, of course, are at liberty to ignore the thread.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO this is much more interesting than the tired old Mick McCarthy discussion.

Bromsgrove_Wolf

Reaction score
I can't see anything wrong in what he's said. I know the term 'yid' has an offensive background, but as the article says it's self, Spurs fans use it often to describe themselves, bit of a non-story from the Daily Heil...

bigbluewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be hard not to give some stick back to people who abuse you on Twitter. Unfortunately, there are a lot of knobs on Twitter (as in real life) who think they have the right to abuse famous people/sports people for no reason other than they want to.

T

Toupee4Rae

Im waiting for a huge debate on racism/religion discrimination based on the fact that historically Christians have wronged them............

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see anything wrong in what he's said. I know the term 'yid' has an offensive background, but as the article says it's self, Spurs fans use it often to describe themselves, bit of a non-story from the Daily Heil...

There's a history of people adopting an offensive term against themselves to nullify the impact.....particularly blacks with the "n" word. We even did it ourselves when the IRA were referring to us as "Brits" in a degoratory manner (never quite understood that one). However in my view it's only acceptable when the people on the receiving end use it.......for instance regardless of the fact they use the term amongst themselves it's difficult to see how any black would still not be offended by being called by the "n" word.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be hard not to give some stick back to people who abuse you on Twitter. Unfortunately, there are a lot of knobs on Twitter (as in real life) who think they have the right to abuse famous people/sports people for no reason other than they want to.

Unfortunately the best way to encourage these idiots is to react in kind.

W

wolvesultra

bit rough on manny i thought considering spurs fans use the term to mean spurs fans all the time, i even saw someone on twitter telling people to report manny and that same persons earlier tweet had asked for him to get more followers from fellow ***s

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you see what the pillock who tweeted him in the first place said?! That's disgraceful.

J

johnybig32

Not the first time he has been involved in a twitter fiasco.

Players really do need educating in using it/common sense. Rio was in trouble the other day. Stupid.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the first time he has been involved in a twitter fiasco.

Players really do need educating in using it/common sense. Rio was in trouble the other day. Stupid.

Agreed, difficult to accept that Ferdinand being an ardent Twitter wouldn't understand what impact he would have.

I'm not for control or a ban by clubs but as you say there should be some form of education for using it and understanding the ramifications of reacting like they would in a face to face argument.

J

johnybig32

Stears has tweeted that they have been spoken to about their use of Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom