Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester United Verdict

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel absolutely rotten after that one. Our inability to score after dominating matches is a real cause for concern now, and as much as I hate to admit it, Raul is nowhere near ready.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a word…….frustrating.

But, the lads chased after every ball and were hungry to regain possession and out of that effort came our chances.
”The harder we work, the luckier we get.”

The goals will come.
But on two occasions I thought Coady should have been faster to intercept.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel absolutely rotten after that one. Our inability to score after dominating matches is a real cause for concern now, and as much as I hate to admit it, Raul is nowhere near ready.
Doest though worry not. If we keep going like this it will come. The lads are on the verge of something new. Give Bruno time.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives
  • Centre-halves were a good unit. On the odd occasion one made an error, another one bailed them out.
  • Trincao's up to speed and really impressing. Feel a telling contribution's coming.
  • Sa's distribution was excellent.
  • Semedo looks much better defensively than last season.
  • Neves and Moutinho weren't out of this world, but certainly weren't overrun.
Negatives
  • The obvious: errors when it really counts at both ends.
  • Lost our heads after going behind and never looked like getting back into it.
  • Jimenez looks off the pace, but that's to be expected. Worried we're asking too much of him: thought Silva should have come on with 25 mins to go. Pleased he's not playing in the int'l break.
  • We're not getting our full-backs into the right positions for cut backs. That's probably never going to happen with Marcal, but can't help but feel that we could get Semedo into better positions.
Ratings:

Sa - 5
Semedo - 6.5
Kilman - 6.5
Coady - 6.5
Saiss - 7
Marcal - 6
Neves - 6.5
Moutinho - 6
Trincao - 7.5
Traore - 7
Jimenez - 5

Podence - 6
Gibbs-White/Silva- N/A

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Hoping the international break will help get Raul back up to speed. Also get Hwang settled in.

Looking at today's performance - Onwards and upwards.
People must remember he hasn’t played for nearly a year… he’s still building up his match fitness. Confidence is what he needs and a goal will give him that!

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the car now so calming down a bit. Whether it was a foul or not on Neves isn’t really the question seeing as the Bruno one wasn’t a foul either and we put the ball out from an attacking position. Raul isn’t ready yet but this football we’re playing is sensational.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives
  • Centre-halves were a good unit. On the odd occasion one made an error, another one bailed them out.
  • Trincao's up to speed and really impressing. Feel a telling contribution's coming.
  • Sa's distribution was excellent.
  • Semedo looks much better defensively than last season.
  • Neves and Moutinho weren't out of this world, but certainly weren't overrun.
Negatives
  • The obvious: errors when it really counts at both ends.
  • Lost our heads after going behind and never looked like getting back into it.
  • Jimenez looks off the pace, but that's to be expected. Worried we're asking too much of him: thought Silva should have come on with 25 mins to go. Pleased he's not playing in the int'l break.
  • We're not getting our full-backs into the right positions for cut backs. That's probably never going to happen with Marcal, but can't help but feel that we could get Semedo into better positions.
Ratings:

Sa - 5
Semedo - 6.5
Kilman - 6.5
Coady - 6.5
Saiss - 7
Marcal - 6
Neves - 6.5
Moutinho - 6
Trincao - 7.5
Traore - 7
Jimenez - 5

Podence - 6
Gibbs-White/Silva- N/A
Very generous ranking for Semedo. I thought he was hopeless.

Has_Talisca_Signed

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ll be fine going forward. Three very unfortunate games. The 1-on1’s, the chances created, and against quality opposition.

Give us after the break and we don’t play a “top 6” side until Liverpool on 4th December.

11 games until we play Liverpool, with two weeks hopefully getting more upto speed with “new Centre-back” and Hwang, this could look real promising.

Come on you Negative Nellys, you know it makes sense!! UP THE WOLVES!!!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Souness says that was a foul it was a foul. When Souness questions Mike Deans judgement then we should feel robbed.

Yes we should have buried Utd by 3-4 goals today but we lost because of a biased or incompetent ref and a totally useless VAR system.

For the players, my only comment is Raul. He’s not yet at it. It’s clear and it’s a worry. Hopefully he comes back from the break sharper but we need to plan on the assumption that he won’t and have a plan B.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 games where we have played well but have no points to show for it and no goals, I've got really mixed emotions, we show promise in our general play which is encouraging but our lack of goals is very worrying. Need to come back from the international break and get some points on the board quickly or I think confidence will disappear from the team and the fans, still no centre back or centre midfield reinforcements, 2 days left in the window, tick tock

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutted but optimistic.

We played well and should have scored.

I thought Trincao looked really classy. He's going to be a good one. He was my man of the match.

Traore was dangerous again and despite what the pundits said I thought his end product was good.

Jimenez should have done better. He was rusty today, but that's to be expected. Let's see what he is like after the international break.

Marcal had another good game.

Sa should be saving that but overall had a good game.

If we keep playing like that I'm confident we will win games. I'm hoping we get a defender or two in to allow us to play four at the back and get an extra forward on. Having Podence, Gibbs-White, Silva, or Hwang upfront along with the current front three will give us that extra option.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After last week I felt very happy despite the result. After this week I just feel a bit more angry. Happy with the performance but the way it came about AGAIN just sucks. United are just a cheating bunch of ****s aren't they. How that isn't pulled back after VAR is unbelievable and we should be demanding answers, its pure cheating or club bias, nothing else to say.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like the previous two PL matches, we deserved better than that today. Like those matches, undone by poor finishing and mistakes from from our boys for the opposition goals. Trincao and Saiss, especially Saiss, should have scored. Then Sa's mistake for their goal. Why on earth is he not palming the ball away from our goal! However, having said all that, we've again played a so-called top side (Man U are a top side in name only cos they're really a bag of cack) off the park today, with some wonderful football in phases. This is how I like to see football played, just with more end-product please. Over to you Bruno, to find that final piece of this jigsaw. Disappointed of course with the loss but excited for what lies ahead.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel very despondent. We've lost 6 on the bounce and we can't buy a goal.

I understand that we are playing visually attractive football but that doesn't change the above.

It means we go into games against Watford and Brentford needing points.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blame Dean and Attwell all we like and yes they were **** and yes we were robbed but Poor decision making again and poor finishing cost us the game. How did Saiss not score ? Very concerning not to have scored in 3 games and I’m afraid Jiminez is nowhere near ready
FOSUN you need to sort this before we are cast adrift

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this is what Bruno can do in 6 weeks with a full squad then god help the Premier League when he's had more time

The goals will come. It's a mere anomaly they haven't already

I'm not sure I had more faith in the team when we were at full Nuno

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got back dunno how ****ing lost especially to such a bang average United team.

Again great performance I thought Trincao looked a lot better but probably needs to be more direct at times he glides with the ball.

Still not worried its gonna click at some point

And **** Mike Dean he's a useless waste of air

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said it before, I'll say it again...

On the other hand, no. What's the use.

DJW

Reaction score
Right now, if we fell into a sack of breasts we'd come out sucking our thumbs! Luck has to change, and it will playing like this.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
How can people be so positive? We can’t put the ball in the back of the net. It’s no good saying we are playing great football we’ve lost 3 matches. And now we face Watford and Brentford - what we if we have off days? I heard it all before about teams being to good to go down then they go down. Yes I’m fed up.

Back
Top Bottom