Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester United to float on the New York Stock Exchange

W

WasStefan

And will be a company based in the Cayman Islands. So, will they be playing in the CONCACAF Champions League instead of the UEFA version? :rolleyes:

The death of football as we know it. RIP the beautiful game.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

andyc225

Man You's last share release didn't raise as much capital as they thought it would. They had hoped that most of their debts would be eliminated. Unfortunately nobody who wants to make money from shares will ever buy them, only plastic gloryhunters who want to own a piece of the club they admire through their goggle boxes.

A

andyc225

I'd love to be one of Man United's creditors. I'd like to video the moment when I sign the winding up petition and submit it to the High Court. I think that'd be a glorious moment in football history.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And will be a company based in the Cayman Islands. So, will they be playing in the CONCACAF Champions League instead of the UEFA version? :rolleyes:

The death of football as we know it. RIP the beautiful game.

Football clubs have been publically listed in the past. Evn crap ones. So whats the problem?

And why is publ;ic ownership on an exchange worse than private ownership by one guy? At least being publically listed will mean they have to be transparent and file accounts and adhere to rules of teh exchange and the regulator. Unlike privately owned clubs which can cause problems...just ask portsmouth

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love to be one of Man United's creditors. I'd like to video the moment when I sign the winding up petition and submit it to the High Court. I think that'd be a glorious moment in football history.

I am one of their creditors at the moment as hold their bonds. They are fantastically well run and highly cash generative. Note here i am not talking about profit...but actual CASHFLOW. Good luck to them!

A

andyc225

I am one of their creditors at the moment as hold their bonds. They are fantastically well run and highly cash generative. Note here i am not talking about profit...but actual CASHFLOW. Good luck to them!

They generate a lot of turnover but any profits disappear into the big red hole. I remember they issued around half a billion in bonds a couple of years back. The total interest payments must be tremendous from their perspective.

How much debt will they still have (roughly) after this share issue?

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They generate a lot of turnover but any profits disappear into the big red hole. I remember they issued around half a billion in bonds a couple of years back. The total interest payments must be tremendous from their perspective.

Football clubs have high non cash charges running through their P&L that you should not look at profit. Focus on cashflow as player amortisation is a non cash charge which is added back. Let me look at it tomorrow and will tell you what they have left and what it looks like. But the interest charges they pay on the bonds are pretty attractive at c 8%

Last edited by a moderator:
R

reanswolf

Shame on you having anything to do with them, even if you have no morality as a banker:p

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You wouldnt really want to touch it with a bargepole...they appear to be generating £64m which if used to repay debt will only reduce it by15%

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/manchester-united-debt-cayman-islands

no proper voting rights, no guarantee of a dividend and only the possibility of making a capital gain as and when its sold...

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wouldnt really want to touch it with a bargepole...they appear to be generating £64m which if used to repay debt will only reduce it by15%

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/manchester-united-debt-cayman-islands

no proper voting rights, no guarantee of a dividend and only the possibility of making a capital gain as and when its sold...

It's a complete joke really. Surely it can't be an attractive business proposition for people. A real case of having your cake and eating it...and then moving on to your mates cake too for good measure...

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only investors will be people who want to claim to own a bit of the club. Makes no sense as an investment - it would be like buying a share in the moon, sounds interesting but pointless.

Back
Top Bottom