Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester City Verdict

Jeru360

Reaction score
Kilman looked more physical - a shame he got carded for the hard foul on Gundogan.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Someone just told me that Ivan Toney has more goals this season than we do collectively. Could just about accept it with Haaland and Kane but that's ****ing damning.

Wolfmeister75

Groupie
Reaction score
Podence makes such a difference, look far more effective offensively from midfield to attack when he’s on. Sa will get a grilling and he deserves it in all honesty. Predictable result, still out the bottom 3. On to the next game…..

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I never see Hwang and traore in a wolves starting line up again it will be too soon.

For the sakes of our survival and their careers it’s time they found a new club. You can’t have attacking players who consistently possess no attacking intent. Why are they starting?

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Positives, we don't have to play them again this season, other than that not a lot
(2 weeks to integrate new players)

Sa Oh dear. No real pressure on any defenders or Sa when it happened either, but still just pass it round the back and no forward ball
surprised it's only cost us one give away goal so far

kept it tight ish first half but 0 expected goals for us. still in the game though then just threw any small chance we did have away at the start of the second

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
Gameplan worked well for 40 minutes. Defended well and restricted them to shots from distance. Then shot ourselves in the foot with two very poor individual errors, which completely killed the game.

Positives were Collins, Kilman and Lemina. Sarabia and Podence looked bright when they came on as did Adama first half.

Bizarrely, feel more confident we’ll get out of this with the new signings.

Sa 5
Semedo 6
Collins 7
Kilman 7
Bueno 5
Neves 4
Nunes 6
Lemina 7
Adama 6
Raul 6
Hwang 6

Moutinho 5
Sarabia 6
Cunha 6
Podence 6
RAN N/A

I'd love you to explain..

Jimenez - 6
Podence - 6

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liked the look of Lemina and Sarabia and thought Collins is getting better game by game.

Agreed re Collins. I would be looking to play him and Dawson. I am not sure I can take much more of Kilmans “little boy lost and I don’t give a ****” demeanour.

I’m sure he does care. But his emotionless silent approach to playing elite football as a Center half is pathetic.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good test for JL to understand our weaknesses.
In banking it’s called a stress test

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
There are occasions every game where we put the bill across the box and it looks like nothing because the striker (overwhelmingly Raul over this time period) has made no effort to get across his man.

Sarabia did it as soon as he came on and nearly scored.

I’m not saying we’d have scored 40 goals with a proper striker in the team but we’d have a lot more than 12
I
There are occasions every game where we put the bill across the box and it looks like nothing because the striker (overwhelmingly Raul over this time period) has made no effort to get across his man.

Sarabia did it as soon as he came on and nearly scored.

I’m not saying we’d have scored 40 goals with a proper striker in the team but we’d have a lot more than 12
I don’t disagree at all but it almost feels like whoever we play there drifts all over the shop because they’re probably getting frustrated at the lack of service. Whoever plays there needs to be told to stay central.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but we’ve had no competent Centre Forward for 2.5 years, and this may be contributing to our abysmal goalscoring record.
It really is getting beyond a joke - it seems so flipping obvious. I know people say "even Haaland would struggle to score in our team" - well, of course, but there's even less chance of him (or anyone) scoring for us if we dont sign them in the first place. Please Wolves, just get on with it and sign a senior centre forward who isn't injured or past his prime! Seems to me that we've got too many forwards who like playing/starting wide or deep, or off the centre forward...

Jeru360

Reaction score
Agreed re Collins. I would be looking to play him and Dawson. I am not sure I can take much more of Kilmans “little boy lost and I don’t give a ****” demeanour.

I’m sure he does care. But his emotionless silent approach to playing elite football as a Center half is pathetic.
It’s tough Kilman - he makes an uncharacteristic hard foul on Gundogan, receives a yellow and gets put back in his box.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not a great afternoon. Our own worst enemies. Tough enough playing them anyway, giving goals away it’s impossible.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point repeating above. Lemina looks a good signing. Nunes was disappointing as was Cunha. Podence did well. Too early to pass judgement on Sarabia.
Surely we will sign another forward now we gave away Guedes and Silva for the season. Wouldn't surprise me if we see another first team departure, probably Hwang. The other signing is bound to be a keeper.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
To me, we played scared.

Podence has to start—he’s brave and the only attacker that attacks.

Sarabia looked good, glad we brought him in.

Nunes looked crap to me—still wants more time in the ball that he can get in the PL. Why did he double team Mahrez, leaving KDB wide open to play the cross?

Collins played well. He still has mistakes in him, but he’ll iron those out as he gets more experience.

Cunha needs someone closer to him; can’t see him leading the line as a traditional 9.

Sa brain fart again. At least once per game.

Still haven’t seen a credible view of the penalty against Neves. Another disaster class from the refs—they really are terrible.

Jeru360

Reaction score
I still think we will stay up. Hoping we bring in a striker. The two weeks off will help the team to better employ Lopetegui’s style. Better at the press I hope.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Couldn't really fault the effort or tactics. We're just not in their league (thankfully only metaphorically for now at least!). To get something here you have to be 100% committed, as good as you can be and them to have an off fay and ride you're luck a bit.

We only got one of those 4. Sure there was a plan, maybe if we'd got to half time at 0-0, or even not gifted them 2 more, we'd have seen it!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Don't be silly
Jimenez - did absolutely nothing - 6
Podence - 3 shots in the time he was on - 6
Sadly, Raul barely deserved a 0 today

Doing completely different roles at different stages of the game. First half, we were clearly sitting in with the intention of still being in the game after an hour. Thought Raul worked very hard but (understandably given the game plan and opposition) had no service.

Podence came on when the game was gone and we had licence to just go for it with no pressure on either side.

Podence is undoubtedly our most important forward at the moment and I personally would have started him today. But I don’t think Raul did much wrong.

Going forward, our front line should be Sarabia, Cunha and Podence.

Darren M (Dazza)

Reaction score
It’s annoying that all teams just concede to them at home so easily. You sit so deep it’s impossible to mount an attack. Just have ago, what’s the worst than can happen. O wait you loose no difference

Vtrpres

Groupie
Reaction score
I bet that if Harland came to the Wolves he would stop scoring. Common sense tells me no but there must be a curse on the Molineux lot,
Sa is a joke. How he got to go to Qatar lord knows.good job he never got off the bench. Jiminez is finished , why start him? He wouldn't get a game on Bantock Park. Sentiment only as far as I can see.

Sorry to say but we need a miracle to stay up.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t mind loosing but the manner was awful.

First half front 3 (thought Raul at least tried) were ****

Don’t under stand the tactics with the subs.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our season won’t be defined by this result. However it was a poor showing really

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doing completely different roles at different stages of the game. First half, we were clearly sitting in with the intention of still being in the game after an hour. Thought Raul worked very hard but (understandably given the game plan and opposition) had no service.

Podence came on when the game was gone and we had licence to just go for it with no pressure on either side.

Podence is undoubtedly our most important forward at the moment and I personally would have started him today. But I don’t think Raul did much wrong.

Going forward, our front line should be Sarabia, Cunha and Podence.
I don't think Raul did much at all.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Weird isn't it. When we are playing a competitive game, I'm so excited.

City away fails to capture my interest. They play a different game to everyone else.
Sums up today that the wolves related group chats were in were total absent of watchers/attendees, its just the game you look at, and just go, nah, I'll do the ironing instead.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet that if Harland came to the Wolves he would stop scoring. Common sense tells me no but there must be a curse on the Molineux lot,
Sa is a joke. How he got to go to Qatar lord knows.good job he never got off the bench. Jiminez is finished , why start him? He wouldn't get a game on Bantock Park. Sentiment only as far as I can see.

Sorry to say but we need a miracle to stay up.
You say Haaland wouldn't score for Wolves but in the same message you've written off Raul. I agree about the Raul part though.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think areguing that a striker is going to come in and suddenly we are going to score some goals is ignoring the fact that we just dodnt get the ball into the right areas. I am not sure what Jimenez could have done in that first half. Costa has been having the same problem.

I also see a lot of criticism of Nunes and he wasnt great in the first half, but I thought he played pretty well in the last half an hour actually, when we decided we were going to go foward as a team. The tactics were wrong, or the players didnt carry out what was asked of them. Bit of both probably

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think it was too bad overall. Shame we killed ourselves early second half. Time to put RAN back in for Bueno and give us some more drive going forward. Enough with Hwang starting as well ffs.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s not much to say really. To get anything from City you need to get tactics spot on, need to play really well, need to work and work and work, need luck, need a good ref… we had none of this apart from maybe the hard work.

We had no outlet all game which meant we needed to try outplaying City at football away from home.

The errors were obvious, it’s a near impossible task at the best of times but we clearly didn’t help themselves. Let’s hope that’s the worst performance between today and the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom