Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Manchester City Verdict

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland is a Robot; our forwards in the 2nd half were way better than the 1st; Sa’s mistake is unforgivable and Collins is getting better by the game.

At least that is out of the way and I hope this 2 week break means more signings, double training sessions to drill in Lopetegui’s style and more.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think I’ve been less interested in a wolves game
Me too....City away always feels slightly pointless.

Weekend went about as well as it could have done aside from us.

Now would be a good time to avoid defeat against Liverpool for the first time since coming back up.

Silly mistakes.

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
Mistakes for every City goal but City had numerous chances. First half the front 3 were terrible.

Second half we looked much better going forward especially when Podence was brought on.

Sa has been awful recently, he is mistake ridden.

This game will not decide our season. We have to use the break to get our new players drilled. Imo we cannot be starting with Raul if we want to stay up

AshevilleWolf

Reaction score
No Wolf drives me crazier than Podence...and yet he's by far our best player this season.

Sums it up.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haaland is a Robot; our forwards in the 2nd half were way better than the 1st; Sa’s mistake is unforgivable and Collins is getting better by the game.

At least that is out of the way and I hope this 2 week break means more signings, double training sessions to drill in Lopetegui’s style and more.
I wont believe that Haaland is such a good player unless he comes to play for us and still manages to score. :cool:

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody has mentioned this but we’ve had no competent Centre Forward for 2.5 years, and this may be contributing to our abysmal goalscoring record.
Agree but at the same time what chances are we creating? At the moment we’d be relying on the #9 to make his own chances.

T

TheConcourse

The weekly dose of “oh, just a couple of errors were our undoing”.

They happen every week. We get punished every week.

Don’t worry though, more signings and double sessions and we’ll be fine, right?

We’re bang in trouble.

This was not a free-hit. It’s an absolute confidence sapping massacre. Thank god they stopped playing.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well that was a pretty horrendous performance littered with individual errors. I am thankful that City took their foot off the gas at 3-0 and we don’t have to play them again this season.

Slightly encouraged by the last 25 mins or so where we offered more of a threat but still looked pretty toothless. I fear that without a number 9 coming in, we may well find ourselves with too few goals to keep our heads above water.

Thought Lemina looked great.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A soul destroying fixture that pretty much lived up to its usual billing.

A front line that includes Hwang and Jimenez wouldn't hurt Hartlepool let alone these lot.

12 goals all season. I can't get my head around how outrageously bad that is. I'm so fed up of this group of players. Especially the midfield. Honestly, I think it will actually turn out to be a positive thing when Neves and Moutinho leave us in the summer. Neves in particular is a brilliant footballer and will almost certainly look sensational in a good side who has the ball a lot, but what we desperately need is mobility and drive in the middle.

Finishing with the obvious - Simply have to sign a striker before the end of the window.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't expect anything from that game, and we didn't get anything. First half performance despite the goal I felt we were quite solid. 3-0 within 10 minutes of the second half and the game just felt pointless. I don't like judging players based on a game that is unlike any other we'll play between now and the end of the season, but I still feel we massively lack a centre forward. Raul is off the pace, and Costa isn't any better.

Collins and Kilman I felt played well under the circumstances. Bueno not bad against a tough matchup in Mahrez, and the same for Semedo against Grealish. Midfield three worked well at times, Nunes needs to be less wasteful though. Hwang worked hard, Adama struggled to get in the game.

We don't play again now until after the transfer window closes, so it will be interesting to see if this performance will influence the signing of a centre forward and keeper.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
6ef0cab28de398bfd7b23398a267d1cb602d5d8eec679badf2189fc61a8c0843.jpg

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Gameplan worked well for 40 minutes. Defended well and restricted them to shots from distance. Then shot ourselves in the foot with two very poor individual errors, which completely killed the game.

Positives were Collins, Kilman and Lemina. Sarabia and Podence looked bright when they came on as did Adama first half.

Bizarrely, feel more confident we’ll get out of this with the new signings.

Sa 5
Semedo 6
Collins 7
Kilman 7
Bueno 5
Neves 4
Nunes 6
Lemina 7
Adama 6
Raul 6
Hwang 6

Moutinho 5
Sarabia 6
Cunha 6
Podence 6
RAN N/A

TelfordWolf

Reaction score
The weekly dose of “oh, just a couple of errors were our undoing”.

They happen every week. We get punished every week.

Don’t worry though, more signings and double sessions and we’ll be fine, right?

We’re bang in trouble.

This was not a free-hit. It’s an absolute confidence sapping massacre. Thank god they stopped playing.
There’s about 7 teams “bang in trouble”.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Again we're our own worst enemies at times - playing too negatively, not playing our best players, giving the ball away in suicidal situations. I used to be a big fan of Traore, now I'd happily never see him in a wolves shirt again - the only thing he's done effectively over the last year or so is run down his contract so he can slip away on a free. Podence has to start our next game. The new guy looks good though, and hopefully Dawson can stabilise our defence - although Collins is looking better again. Lopetegui can be under no illusions of the huge task he's got keeping us up. Still don't look capable of scoring a goal.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore played well first half but in general that front 3 can't be starting in future. They offer absolutely no threat whatsoever.

We also need to cut out the mistakes. All teams make them but we do it at 3x the rate. Collins probably should have had a penalty against him, Neves gave the ball away then a pen, Sa with an idiotic pass, we allowed the best passer in the world a free cross to probably the best classic centre forward in the world.

All that said, Collins and Kilman did well overall, Semedo continued to work hard and go forwards, and the new players all looked good to me.

Two big weeks in training and we need to see a proper 90 minute performance against Liverpool. I've understood the starting teams so far but god help us if we start Hwang/Jimenez/Costa/Traore in the next game. No no no, enough is enough. The other players need to be fit enough to start, keep these players for the subs.

Reactions: Ian
R

reanswolf

Centre forward is the new centre midfield. It took us 3 years to buy a midfielder and now the same is happening again
There is no point in having a complete fully functioning team after all, with equally good component parts :)-.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's City, the best thing that can be done is just forfeiting and not wasting 90 minutes for both sides.

Kinda sums up what I dislike largely about football now, these games are just boring.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was a free hit. Mins for Sarabia, Lemina, Cunha with Dawson to come in for rest of the season starting with Liverpool on 2 weeks I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom and still seeing a side getting better each week.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Started with a defeatist selection. That front three! I hope this isn't the shape of things to come. He subs early, which I like, but he tends to start with diabolically bad combinations.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't mind losing as long as we make the opposition work for it, unfortunately we gifted them two goals and couldn't even do the basics right.

I always see games against the top four as bonus points, get Liverpool out the way then we have three winnable games coming up...

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Feel deflated, not about the result - I expected that, but about the way we self imploded. Worst times to concede are just before half time and early in the second half before Loppy's half-time instructions can be put into action.
Thought we were better than that with Loppy, a new-found confidence and some new players!
Our season won't hinge on this result per-se, but confidence and goal difference have taken a hit. A lot of work still to do to avoid the drop with the most important things; cut out the self-inflicted mistakes and score some goals (no ****, Sherlock!)

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We give away so many preventable goals, I guess that's why we are down at the bottom. Easily 2 that could've been avoided today (Neves and Sa)

Back
Top Bottom