Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
IMG_5883.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYY!!

How are we all? Still on a high after Sunday? I know I am. Today though is where our season really gets serious in my opinion. Sounds a bit crazy, but what I mean is we’ve done better than everyone expected (even most of us on here!) but it still feels like we’re just motoring along. I’ve said all season we’re not really European contenders, but actually a positive result tonight and we’re right in amongst it.

Tough game tonight. I know they’re everyone’s punchbag at the minute but Utd still have some very good players, which makes them dangerous. If Fernandes, or Rashford, or Garnacho have a great game they could make all the difference. But we should be confident. We seem to be much more of a team than them, much more confident, much more in form. It’s set up quite nicely really.

In terms of line-up, the only change I’d be tempted to make would be Ait-Nouri for Doherty. But if we went unchanged from Sunday that wouldn’t bother me at all. Players are playing well, they know their roles.

Sa
Kilman Dawson Toti
Semedo Doyle Lemina Doherty
Neto Cunha Bellegarde​

Bentley, Bueno, Bueno, Ait-Nouri, Gomes, Hodge, Sarabia, Chirewa, Fraser

Bench looks a little stronger as well with Gomes and Sarabia back.

Should be a good atmosphere tonight, Molineux under the floodlights always seems to bring an extra 5-10% out of the crowd and the players.

It’s a real chance to lay down a marker. If we could get ourselves level with Newcastle, Brighton, Chelsea, then I think everyone (including us) would have to sit up a little bit and look at us as a better team. Because we were written off at the beginning, people sort of see us as a team who are just punching over their weight whereas actually we’re a really good side. Beating Man Utd would be a good piece of evidence!

Whether you’re following from Molineux, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on me BABBIES!!

4-0 Wolves

Would keep the same team. Sarabia might not work against this fouling lot. Will have a harder task with him coming on

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morning all. Transfer deadline day where we should all be feeling fairly relaxed given our current position, nigh game at home V Man Utd, nearly the weekend, what’s not to like?

Hopefully the lads put in a strong performance and really go for Utd. Despite them not being great atm, we have no right to expect to just turn them over; however, our home advantage has been key for us this year with other big teams finding it’s no easy trip to Molineux.

The interesting decisions to be made Doyle or Gomes, Sarabia (if fit) or Bellegarde? Doyle has been excellent recently, so should retain his place. Gomes’ physicality and drive could be crucial in the midfield battle though.

Whatever the team looks like, I’m hoping for a positive performance with Cunha bagging a brace 2-0 Wolves with Trashford sloping off sulking as a result of being told off by Erik Ten Haag for being ****.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With both Pablo and Joao available,and Tommy Doyle playing well..the starting lineup is a dilemma.
We continue 3-4-3 it means that Tommy is on the bench..or even Joao.
I really don´t want that.
Bellegarde I find not up to it as a starter.

Sa
Daws-Max-Toti
Semedo-Tommy-Joao-Super Mario-RAN
Cunha-Neto

I want us to try and boss the midfield against a United side that doesn´t look particulary impressive.

If it fails,then we can go back to 3-4-3 with ease.

We enjoy a pretty strong bench here yet again..par example Doc,Bellegarde and Pablo.

I feel sorry for Pablo.He ain´t done nothing wrong and deserves to start as well.It´s just the competition of places is fiece with most guys back.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Looking forward to a night under the lights at molineux - hope our star players shine and we get the 3 points (or at least 1) and its not all about Rashford... He's bound to feature (if fit) and you just know the media will be desperate for headlines line "Rashford let's the football do the talking" etc...

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many of their starting 11 from their last PL game get into ours?

Onana over Sa? Close but probably not
Dalot over Semedo? No
Evans over Dawson? No
Varane over Kilman? Probably
Wan Bissaka over RAN? No
Eriksen over Lemina? No
Mainoo over Gomes/Doyle? No
Fernandes over Sarabia / Bellegarde? Yes
Garnacho over Neto? No
Rashford over Cunha? Not on current form

Nothing to fear against this lot, lets get at them

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those that can't get there, match is on TNT but also Discovery+ - which is free via the app on SkyQ/Glass/Stream .

Sounds like Rashford is going to be given a chance tonight, really hope he doesn't have one of "those" games.
Even if he does, I'm confident this team of ours has enough about them to win tonight .

COYW

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love Jade's comment that we are doing better than expected, EVEN ON HERE! Like the mix is a hot bed of optimism!
Another tough game, Rashford will be desperate to put his recent issue behind him. They have some very good players even though they aren't showing consistently. Close game I think.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy us today if we aren’t leggy from the derby.

Sarabia for Bellegarde and whatever GON thinks is best for Gomes/Doyle.

Genuinely think 2-0 or 3-1 to us tonight.

WolfPaul

Reaction score
For those that can't get there, match is on TNT but also Discovery+ - which is free via the app on SkyQ/Glass/Stream .

Sounds like Rashford is going to be given a chance tonight, really hope he doesn't have one of "those" games.
Even if he does, I'm confident this team of ours has enough about them to win tonight .

COYW
I think the live sport on Discovery+ is only available on the premium tier, which requires a subcription.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not sure if im being caught up in the narrative of Man Utd being a mess and Wolves on a high, but i am really confident. I think it will be a 2-0 win for the good guys and i dont see us conceding bar if they get a penalty.
Weirdly even after last night i think we get beat at stamford bridge but win this evening. 3 points would be a good return for me.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a difficult game, but I think we have enough to beat them. Wolves were robbed at Old Trafford and tonight is payback time.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Big game this. Win and we can really start looking to push for better things.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice to have that feeling of excitement back, thanks GON & co.

Well up for this one! Hope we show them little to no respect and take the game to them.

Massive opportunity to leapfrog Chelsea and Man Utd on the same February night. Who would have thought that 6 months ago...

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It will be a difficult game, but I think we have enough to beat them. Wolves were robbed at Old Trafford and tonight is payback time.
Yes, VAR almost certain to even itself up tonight ........

To be honest watching the Liverpool game last night it seems the bar for an obvious mistake has gone even higher, so likely to stick with Jarred's opinion - what could go wrong?

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all the focus being on that glorious Black Country derby victory this match has come about quite quickly. It says a lot about both Wolves and Man United that I'm not that concerned about them. We might lose, but it's not a match that fills me with trepidation.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
What year was it that we won the BCD very late on and went to Coventry midweek, ignored the actual game (pretty sure we lost) and just carried on the celebrations instead? Need to be refocused tonight, forget the simple professional job there and make sure we get 3 points tonight.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the live sport on Discovery+ is only available on the premium tier, which requires a subcription.
That's balls then, the way it was advertised was that you just need to download the app and it will be free. Oh well, other ways and means....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't start here until 10.15pm and won't end until around 00.15. That's nearly midnight! :rolleyes: Hope that Wolves play well enough to keep me from falling asleep.
An Evertonesque performance and we should win, especially with all the shenanigans in the Yernited camp, but fall to the lows that we've seen against Palace and Albion (first half) and it'll be a long night.
Fans need to crank up the atmosphere and resurrect the memory of the cup match 4 years ago and it could be a cracker.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Rashford plays he might play a blinder……just to prove a point.

But our form is better than theirs. Wolves are unbeaten in 7 games.

Ebbo

Reaction score
Tonight's match v Man Utd is Live on German Sky.
For Wolves fans visiting or based in Germany. COYW!
View attachment 40215
Will that be showing in the Blarney Irish Pub? That's you base isn't it? Went there in 2022 when we were in Berlin for Frank Turner Lost Evening Festival at the Columbiahalle. Good little pub and the landlord was great! Sadly it didn't open for the Man City game the early kick off on the Saturday we were there.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need to make this a raucous atmosphere intimidate little luke shaw like Coady said on the poddy

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

COYW
Is TNT BT ? If so great

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
ETH is straddling the line between wanting to get his team playing well yet, in doing so, appeasing a player who is a potential bundle of trouble!
Whatever happens tonight, and I pray we do well, ETH might regret not kicking Rashford out of the club while he has a golden opportunity.
In contrast, if Wolves can get a good result tonight, it will only further the excellent team spirit on show at Molineux.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think there needs to be some rotation. It's not remotely unusual to do that for a midweek game, especially with another at the weekend.

Doyle probably needs a rest from starting against either Man Utd or Chelsea. After watching the way Chelsea got sliced open yesterday, I kind of feel like I want Doyle more there to cut up their backline from deep than against Man United.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hard one to call this one IMO; it's either/or for a sulky disjointed Utd getting a solid beating, cue media-meltdown & pandemonium. Or it's the Rashford & Fernandes resurrection show, cue media-meltdown & pandemonium. Really looking forwards to this one, I must say.

Back
Top Bottom