Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man Utd (A): Verdict

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread so started one. No doubt somebody else will have done the same and confusion will ensue.

The easiest 3 points United will be donated all season long. At least we were better and competitive in the second half against an opponent who're way, way better than us. Man U are pushing for Champions League so I suppose it was foolish to ask for anything especially given our away record... although a shot would have been quite nice.

The only new thing we learned from that game was that Bentley is a promising keeper. Without him, it would have been 3 or 4. Other than that, nothing new to report: we don't have a single attacker worthy of the name, we don't have a single midfielder who can consistently pass forwards (although, I'm not sure who they are they going to pass to) but we do at least put a shift in - Honestly, I do still think it's hard to criticise the effort of the squad... they're just not very good footballers for the most part.

Going to be interesting to see what our recruitment team pull out of the bag to overhaul us. Are they capable? I suppose the coming months will tell.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero shots on target against a nervy, out-of-form United side, and Bentley was easily our best player. Good for him, but there is a lot of dead wood who need to be cleared. JL has to find a way to get us playing higher tempo, higher intensity away from home next season.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One post on the verdict thread at 1709 says it all!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eyes bleeding as they have been for much of the season. Pleasantly surprised by Bentley. Everyone else - meh and not ***** who leaves and who stays in the summer so long as Loppy doesn't continue to serve-up this diarrhea.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley MOTM for Wolves

Offered nothing going forward absolutely rubbish. 0 shots on target WTF! Not even 1!!

Kilman & Cunha notably poor beyond standard performances

Hope to see some changes next weekend can’t be any worse.

I’d start Sarabia at least he creates opportunities

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Boring to watch. Julen has done a fantastic job keeping us up but I really do hope he can get his own players in and actually make us entertaining to watch. We’ve lost the art of playing attacking football and break at a snails pace. Please implement a better brand of football next season.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero shots on target against a nervy, out-of-form United side, and Bentley was easily our best player. Good for him, but there is a lot of dead wood who need to be cleared. JL has to find a way to get us playing higher tempo, higher intensity away from home next season.
If JL wasn’t able to get us playing that way after 6 months, what makes you think he will next season?
Don’t hold your breath.

T

TheConcourse

We just don’t have consistent players. They’re either 8s or 3s.

I don’t mind possession based football, but this isn’t progressive at all. We don’t build any momentum.

When we do get the ball into the final third, we’re relying on the utterly pathetic Hwang and Mr Flicky.

Don’t know what next season holds, but please let this negative ****e be over. It’s been 3 years of the dullest of dull football.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have already done what we needed to do and it is a small miracle, that we were clear of the relegation zone, with 3 games remaining.
My verdict is, I will be glad when this season is over and we can start afresh.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Standard away performance. Huff and puff, slow with no cutting edge. No real urgency today either, very much on the beach mentality. Enjoyed not being stressed about it though. Roll on next season.
Not sure about on the beech just not the right players in the squad to do what the manager want , no doubt that will soon be rectified

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
God that was awful. I mean really, truly, ****ing awful. Never, ever did I think we would score.

Bring on the first away game of next season because I sure as hell want to see a different attitude away from home. Players passing forwards, running, looking like they give a ****.

Let me just single out two players. Semedo. The complete antithesis of what we need at RB. Enjoy the sun in Portugal next season.

A Daniel ****ing Podence. Take your fancy flicks and your rabonas, Dan and just **** off. But thanks – I won a quid off my wife betting you’d go down clutching your face within 8 minutes of coming on.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence, Traore, Raul, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny are all definitely going in my eyes Sarabia Hwang, Semedo, Ait Nouri, and Cunha can go to.

I’m hoping Giles can step up and then we need around 5 new players, and a hold up centre forward is massively important.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If JL wasn’t able to get us playing that way after 6 months, what makes you think he will next season?
Don’t hold your breath.
Needs serious backing in the Summer, and he has sounded the war cry to Jeff Shi. Unfortunately, it's Jeff Shi, one of the most reactive chairmen in the Premier League. Now relegation has been averted, who here would be surprised if he just turns the tap off like he usually does?

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a disgrace and i`m embarrassed for my team they cannot even get one shot on target. Watched on a good HD stream, we have too many show ponies in midfield and upfront..we really do. They`re like rabbits in the headlights as soon as we enter the final third,.. no confidence at all.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot wait for this season to end so the summer rebuild can begin. Bentley the only one who gets any credit today. That performance was as bad as Brighton.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs serious backing in the Summer, and he has sounded the war cry to Jeff Shi. Unfortunately, it's Jeff Shi, one of the most reactive chairmen in the Premier League. Now relegation has been averted, who here would be surprised if he just turns the tap off like he usually does?
I think Jeff/Guo will spend bigish. After dodging relegation, I presume they won’t want to risk that again.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Podence, Traore, Raul, Neves, Moutinho, Jonny are all definitely going in my eyes Sarabia Hwang, Semedo, Ait Nouri, and Cunha can go to.

I’m hoping Giles can step up and then we need around 5 new players, and a hold up centre forward is massively important.
Think the first lot are right. Lopetegui likes workers though so Hwang and Sarabia won't go (hopefully Sarabia won't be playing wide). Couldn't disagree more about Cunha though, he's the future.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Poor game and just felt like an end of season game with nothing really to play for tbh seemed very very flat which was disappointing!

None of the subs made any decent contributions Podence continues to frustrate with the pointless flix which always end up with us losing the ball...

Thought Nunes was really poor today way to many sloppy passes and then when he lost the ball decided to just jog back rather than having the will to go and win the ball back...

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Standard belly-tickling performance away at one of the big boys.

So many completely anonymous performances out there today, as the players were content just to get another game crossed off before their hols and/or leaving the club. At least we didn't take another Brighton hammering, but Utd are so stodgy that it would have been difficult to achieve.

Bentley did pretty well, though he should never be in contention as a long-term number one at this level. Kicking no better than Sa's, but he had strong wrists when called upon. Hwang at least injected some mild urgency into our attack... the problem is he just isn't very good so little ever results from his hassling of the opponent.

Nobody else did anything but the bare minimum imo, but playing in that pyjama kit already sets the tone from the start.

Last edited:

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley looked a premier keeper today .
Costa and Lemina put shifts in
The rest looked either on the beach or championship
So many changes needed I fear they won’t happen

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really sure where the issue lies. Football can be very simple, pass and move yet we fail to do the basics, we’re very static and the players rarely help each other by moving into space. I’d much rather route 1 than our mind numbing possession games

Back
Top Bottom