Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict Thread

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think that’s 3 seasons in a row we’ve lost home to Man Utd to a goal after the 80th minute?
The difference is the two previous seasons we didn’t score. Everyone’s understandably gutted to lose after drawing level in injury time but hopefully we use the disappointment to get something from the game on Sunday.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman was awful. Especially for 3rd and more importantly 4th. He rushed out and got done. If he stood his ground we would be celebrating an unlikely and undeserved point.

Kilman is a very mediocre player and it baffles me when people here start throwing around 35 million prices for him. Half of that and we should cash in immediately. Dreadful today.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 or 6 players around an 18 yo kid 20+ yards out after we've just fought back and he scores.

Defensively, we were garbage all night. Got what we deserved.

Never a pen on Neto. Yernited could have scored 6/7.

Exciting game for the neutral, but as a Wolves' fan, I'd have preferred a boring 1-0.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we won't pick up many more points. Hope it was just a one-off, but if so, why against Yernited at home with a real vociferous crowd behind them, days after beating our local rivals!!! Doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
5 or 6 players around an 18 yo kid 20+ yards out after we've just fought back and he scores.

Defensively, we were garbage all night. Got what we deserved.

Never a pen on Neto. Yernited could have scored 6/7.

Exciting game for the neutral, but as a Wolves' fan, I'd have preferred a boring 1-0.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we won't pick up many more points. Hope it was just a one-off, but if so, why against Yernited at home with a real vociferous crowd behind them, days after beating our local rivals!!! Doesn't make any sense.
We'd pick up our fair share of points, even playing like that, due to our attacking play, which still looked dangerous and fluid, and full of goals.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Is that three home games in a row where weve scored 3 goals? (Everton Brentford and last night). That’s probably not happened in a while.

Nowhere near our best but still almost stole a point. I’m nowhere near as down as I probably should be conceding a late winner. This team are giving us everything at the minute, we’ll be absolutely fine.

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think GON picked the wrong team, we were poor against the albion so why play the same 11?

RAN should have started and we should have gone a bit more defensive with Gomes, Lemina and Doyle. We didn’t get the tactics right knowing that United like to hit teams on the break.

A lesson for GON, hope he learns.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I think GON picked the wrong team, we were poor against the albion so why play the same 11?

RAN should have started and we should have gone a bit more defensive with Gomes, Lemina and Doyle. We didn’t get the tactics right knowing that United like to hit teams on the break.

A lesson for GON, hope he learns.
He usually does. He’s got enough credit to have poor games like last night or West Ham.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that three home games in a row where weve scored 3 goals? (Everton Brentford and last night). That’s probably not happened in a while.

Nowhere near our best but still almost stole a point. I’m nowhere near as down as I probably should be conceding a late winner. This team are giving us everything at the minute, we’ll be absolutely fine.
The height of our ambition. A few days ago, some were talking of Europe. Now, so long as we're fine. Better than facing relegation, I suppose, but .... :joycat:

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Awful line up, that team looked poor at the boggies, I was sure changes would be made due to the amount of games the players have had recently and last night was the perfect time as we had options for once. I was gobsmacked when I saw the team.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc should be nowhere near our starting 11, Toti was awful first half and he could be a potential to drop out on sunday for me. Bellegarde as a false 9 is awful to watch, felt sorry for him as he was lost. We were so better balanced with sarabia and then fraser on the pitch. Sarabia, RAN, Gomes and Santi need to come in sunday. I would be tempted to play a 5 3 2 though with neto off cunha. Really hoping hwang comes back fit for Brentford as we miss his direct runs in behind defences and he gives defenders no let up

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle a class player.. but we can’t afford his talents in an underdog game like that. Not without changing our game considerably.
I kind of agree but he was class against Brighton and they’ve battered us much, much worse than Utd have over the years. The difference was that we played like an underdog and defended resolutely and tried to break.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Start with gomes , ran and sarabia we win that game aswell , i understand people say don’t change a winning team but before injuries suspension and afcon we were cooking on gas , the last 4 games we have basically had a gutsy away point at Brighton , drew with Brentford twice in the cup and beat a dour championship side, i like Doyle but it’s like having neves back in the side and playing a quarter back and letting lemina get overrun , the bite of lemina and gomes makes us tick….

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? We should've been 4 or 5 down at HT. We were pathetic for the first hour of the game.
Oh I agree that the defending was awful and said as much. It was comical at times. But overall display?

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
United deserved to win, they were much better than us.

Agree with what's already been said about RAN, Doyle and Bellegarde.

One thing that does concern me is that alot of the players look out on their feet towards the end of games. It' s all well and good having a small squad like we did under Nuno, but eventually these players will burn out and start to pick up injuries.

It might not catch up with us this year, but it will at some point.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights. I thought that defending was bad when at the game but the video puts a whole new level of shambles on it.

Goal 1. Everyone ball watching. No one challenges. Then semedo realises he is nowhere near rashford and does his usual half ***** back turn attempt to block.

Goal 2. Peak semedo. Back off. Don’t get tight. And then put no pressure on either the guy with the ball, or the runner on the outside. Then calamitous when it comes across.

Goal 3. The free header. We had 9 players in the box and they had 3. How the **** did they manage to get an unchallenged header in our 6 yard box. What the **** is kilman doing. What the **** is Sa doing. There is no organisation at all in the box.

Goal 4. You all just got embarrassed by a kid. Hang your heads in shame. Missed tackles. Ball watching. Poor positioning. No organisation.

And let’s no forget the distribution and simple ball control. **** me….toti and doc!!??? did you put lube on your boots?!

Never mind rashford. It looked like wolves all went out on a massive ket bender on Wednesday night.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All so self inflicted.

From the team selection to the formation to the poor goals given away.

Will be a long, long time before this United side score 4 goals away from home.

Disappointing.

rubyloo

Reaction score
We were unrecognisable first half. Really disappointing when we had a chance to really push up the table. Poor team selection didn’t help. Deserved nothing- the equaliser was a bit of a side show. and if such a thing exists- did we over celebrate? focus went in the mayhem of 3-3 and should have been concentrating on securing the point.

However, still a great season so let’s hope this was a bad day at the office. We go again.

Ps the diversion last night for A38 northbound was A38 southbound- just what you need after losing in injury time- highways England - you’re a class act.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wrong starting 11, should have started RAN and Sarabia. Not really sure about Bellegarde yet, doesn't do much wrong, but not as effective as I'd hoped. Anyway, really really poor 1st half, awful stuff, seemed to either be giving United too much respect or weren't really up for it, couldnt tell which, but completely ineffective and dodgy at the back. Second half was a lot better, and at least entertaining, but why not make changes at halftime? Left ourselves too much to do after such a crap 1st half. And why did Sarabia take the pen? (not complaining as he scored it, but assumed it would be Cunha, or perhaps Neto)

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough.

I usually take your analysis as pretty much gospel even when I've been at the game @Tring Wolf but tonight I'm not sure. Yes, it was a very loose performance, there were times when we were overrun in midfield and out wide but our play on the ball, under heavy pressure from the Jekyll Utd side, was, in my opinion, really classy at times. Semedo linking up with Cunha, Neto etc and we created a few decent chances.

I like Toti, and love his work ethic, but he's an easy target when we're playing out because he's pretty clumsy on the ball and I'd like to see us upgrade there in the summer. Bellegarde wasn't awful and has potential played elsewhere but we're crying out for a seasoned front man, even one like Costa (I know... but I mean someone with some of his qualities) to give us another option going forwards.

For me, when fit, Cunha, Neto and RAN have to start. They're the lads you give the ball to knowing they'll probably shake things up.
I would look to move Kilman over, and bring Santi in on the right.
If Dawson is deemed to go to reserve over the summer for Mosquera, so be it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights. I thought that defending was bad when at the game but the video puts a whole new level of shambles on it.

Goal 1. Everyone ball watching. No one challenges. Then semedo realises he is nowhere near rashford and does his usual half ***** back turn attempt to block.

Goal 2. Peak semedo. Back off. Don’t get tight. And then put no pressure on either the guy with the ball, or the runner on the outside. Then calamitous when it comes across.

Goal 3. The free header. We had 9 players in the box and they had 3. How the **** did they manage to get an unchallenged header in our 6 yard box. What the **** is kilman doing. What the **** is Sa doing. There is no organisation at all in the box.

Goal 4. You all just got embarrassed by a kid. Hang your heads in shame. Missed tackles. Ball watching. Poor positioning. No organisation.

And let’s no forget the distribution and simple ball control. **** me….toti and doc!!??? did you put lube on your boots?!

Never mind rashford. It looked like wolves all went out on a massive ket bender on Wednesday night.
I’ve stopped reading when you blame Semedo for the second

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
We were laughing at Albion fans lack of humility. Admit we were second best and move on. It wasn't just our defensive mistakes - they (sigh) were as good as we were bad, particularly in first half. The comeback gives a false impression of the game, particularly as we would have sang about how corrupt the premier league is had that pen been given against us.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so I’m over it now. I worried when I saw that we were going see Garnacho vs Doc, there’s only ever going to be one winner nowadays, also Semedo would have been a lot happier playing against him than he would have been against Rashford. The defence, collectively, were awful but in some ways it’s hard to only blame them when you play so openly in the midfield, losing the battle hands down, against such a speedy front line with a relatively slow defence. We needed Gomes in there if we were intent of playing how we did.

Fair play to Ten Hag; he learned from the first game and set them up to, well, destroy us. Everything they did poorly first time out they did fantastically last night - they battled, dropped deep and basically played like we do in that they left their front 3 to it with support from the full backs, springing traps and punishing every loose ball.

The reasons it’s easier to take are that, 1) we didn’t deserve anything anyway and, 2) we fought until the end and nearly achieved what looked like the impossible at half time. This team battle and fight and never give up, we just need to play better with it.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Oh I agree that the defending was awful and said as much. It was comical at times. But overall display?

I think when the defending is as bad as it was yesterday, it does undermine pretty much everything else. From an attacking perspective, I don’t recall us creating a chance of note or Onana having anything to do first half and thought we lacked any real cohesion.

We could (and really should) have been 5 or 6 down after 50 minutes. The chances they missed were absolute sitters and they butchered a couple of 2 on 1’s. For 50 minutes, the performance was every bit as bad as Brighton away last year.

What is different about this side though is they absolutely don’t stop and they deserve huge credit for somehow forcing their way back into a game that should have been long gone. The subs, especially RAN which gave us an outlet on both sides, in particular made a massive difference.

We were absolutely due an off-day and this squad and Manager have been magnificent this season. But I personally thought we looked fairly shambolic and unusually unbalanced for that first 50 mins.

It’s a blip. And a very entertaining one at that. No need to panic.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We just can’t afford to start games that slowly. We were as flat as a pancake run over by a steamroller and then pushed through a mangle. It’s not the first time.

RAN has to start instead of Doc. Gomes and Sarabia should start on Sunday. Possibly Bueno too.

Reactions: Ned

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It stops the ball keep coming back at the defence
In fairness the quality of the number nine we could afford in the window would have been eaten alive by Varane and Martinez last night. But there must have been a better fit in the squad than Bellegarde last night, admittedly.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman terrible for manoois. Embarrasing defending and leadership.

Netos was deflected wasn’t it?
How is kilman getting done by a talented player bad leadership :oops:

His leadership isn’t questioned when we’re winning half as much. Being captain really doesn’t mean anything these days, just because he doesn’t scream and shout doesn’t mean he isn’t respected by the team.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think when the defending is as bad as it was yesterday, it does undermine pretty much everything else. From an attacking perspective, I don’t recall us creating a chance of note or Onana having anything to do first half and thought we lacked any real cohesion.

We could (and really should) have been 5 or 6 down after 50 minutes. The chances they missed were absolute sitters and they butchered a couple of 2 on 1’s. For 50 minutes, the performance was every bit as bad as Brighton away last year.

What is different about this side though is they absolutely don’t stop and they deserve huge credit for somehow forcing their way back into a game that should have been long gone. The subs, especially RAN which gave us an outlet on both sides, in particular made a massive difference.

We were absolutely due an off-day and this squad and Manager have been magnificent this season. But I personally thought we looked fairly shambolic and unusually unbalanced for that first 50 mins.

It’s a blip. And a very entertaining one at that. No need to panic.
This. Game of two halves for me. First half was one of those where gon got it totally wrong and failed to make changes. Second half (after the first few minutes) we got the changes we needed.

RAN and Sarabia should have started. Would have been hard to drop doyle.

I've seen many bad Wolves performances but a game where we fought back like that and which was so entertaining is not one to get down in the dumps about.

Sometimes I think people like being grumpy!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For an hour so it was a continuation of the West Brom match in that we played like we were half asleep. The difference being West Brom are **** so it was enough, but Manchester United were good. In fact Manchester United looked really good for a change this season which is annoying.

Ait-Nouri and Sarabia made a difference, but I think it was the half-time Jaffa Cakes that really helped.

The defence was shocking, midfield was vacant a lot of the time, and Bellegarde was a midfielder playing as a striker rebranded as that annoying term a 'false number nine'.

Man of the Match for me was Neto.

Last edited:

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was a really poor quality game, probably entertaining for the neutral.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The height of our ambition. A few days ago, some were talking of Europe. Now, so long as we're fine. Better than facing relegation, I suppose, but .... :joycat:
Explain ambition that can be achieved consistently, go.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gritted teeth here. Fair play to United, the speed and precision they pick up the lose ball and hit on the break was impressive, seeing Garnacho in the flesh I’m sure he is the fastest thing I’ve seen on 2 legs with a ball at his feet, makes the drooling over Adama and his standing start ball to feet routine a nonsense.
He wasn’t our worst but for me our new saint Cunha was a huge disappointment last night, he wasted his running at them with his little end flicks or Hollywood telepathic blind passes into nowhere and to no one.

Back
Top Bottom