Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man United Verdict Thread

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have no idea what Gary sees in Doc over Hugo either. I'm still salty we didn't loan Hugo to Celtic if we're going to play Doc over him. Why keep a 3rd choice LB who could have got minutes for a big side?

I love Doc, but he's barely good enough at this level on his regular side these days.
Doc should be 2nd choice RB behind Semedo, and 3rd choice LB behind Bueno and RAN.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle is nowhere near good enough to get such special treatment.

We've been absolutely battered there and a key reason for that was the midfield. We got nowhere near them.

Lemina was probably worse tonight, but he has more credit in the bank. Doyle gets dropped on Sunday, simple. IMO.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, despite a ‘thrilling’ last 15 minutes, let’s not gloss over the obvious. We were absolute dog **** first half and we should’ve been six nil down by halftime. Showed enough fight for me to brush the defeat off but **** me, clown defending from start to finish.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That about sums us up. A middling PL team capable of scoring goals, and battling away, but equally capable of gifting poor goals and losing.

I’m off to watch the fan footage recorded by the Boggies of our goals from last weekend. Guaranteed to put a smile on my face.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman was awful. Especially for 3rd and more importantly 4th. He rushed out and got done. If he stood his ground we would be celebrating an unlikely and undeserved point.
Tbf o thought he could’ve cut out the cross for Hojland goal too. Tired, jaded, not very good - call it what you want, Max had a shocker.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Max Killman was the first defender Mainoo went past for the winning goal. Max could and should have pulled Mainoo down outside the penalty area and took a yellow and as they say took one for the team. With doing so he would have got us a point out of the game. Maybe not thoroughly deserved in this game but the point we should have had all but for a terrible var decision in the first game of season at Old Trafford..

As they say there's no justice in this world!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doyle is nowhere near good enough to get such special treatment.

We've been absolutely battered there and a key reason for that was the midfield. We got nowhere near them.

Lemina was probably worse tonight, but he has more credit in the bank. Doyle gets dropped on Sunday, simple. IMO.
Doyle a class player.. but we can’t afford his talents in an underdog game like that. Not without changing our game considerably.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unluckily for us, that was a much better Man Utd team than has been around up to now this season. Martinez and Shaw back, Mainoo emerging and Hoijlund beginning to find his feet. Rashford with a point to prove (again!).

But we still should have defended so much better first half. As bad as we have been all season. A reaction to Sunday? Who knows

RAN made a huge difference once he came on, and as other have said, you can't doubt the fight in this team. Desperate way to lose. But overall we can't aruge that the result was undeserved

loppers86

Reaction score
Diabolical first half. Kilman and Toti looked like Newports defence on sunday.

better second after belgarde made his exit.

squad way too light and missing a number 9.

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

I think we weren't good defensively. Very frustrating to watch that. We tried to get something out of the game, yet knowing the quality of the Man Utd players. We gave them too much time on the ball, and the guy who scored the winner. Just take one for the team, and just put a challenge in at least. Yet he's unmarked, and Kilman nowhere near him. I am really disappointed about this result. We just looked so tired and lacklustre. Yet, in the second half, we put in a fight. Such a shame.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Soooooo absolutely proud of the lads today.

No we weren’t perfect but we never lie down and you really can’t ask anymore than that.
Well, I could ask them to not keep passing the ball the opposition…or is that too much?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were **** tonight for the vast majority of the game and three goals flattered us.

The good thing is, we continue to scores goals without playing a proper ST.

Which let’s face it, we’re going to need to keep up for the rest of the season. Another injury to Cunha, Hwang, or Neto and we’re going to be limping over the line.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The 4th was just sheer brilliance, to be honest.
It was a brilliant finish, but he shouldn't have been allowed to stroll throughnour defence to get in position.
Terrible first half, great fight back but GON should always play the best available 11 from the start against top half teams.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The finish was good but he should not have got in that position too shoot. All Kilman had to do was stand up and not rush in. It was avoidable imo.
How many times have our players rushed in and won the ball resulting in chances ourselves? We are at our best closing down, winning the ball and breaking forward, kilman has done this many times this season resulting in winning the ball and us breaking, didn't work tonight and we got punished.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nice that we still have fight in us after going behind, but you can’t concede 4 at home and expect to get anything.

What makes it worse is before today Utd had the 3rd worst attack in the league, only above Burnley and Sheff Utd, and even after scoring 4 tonight they’re still below Luton!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't think we were awful first half, some decent attacking play and some amateurish defending. Played too open, I assume because GON thought we were up against the usual turgid United not a full strength 'on it' Utd side.

Second half we matched them and were a tad unlucky to lose in the end. Weird to see us try and really play against a top side (which they were tonight with that line up and Rashford with a point to prove): we're used to sitting back, staying disciplined and getting one on the break in situations like that, so to see we can properly play and almost get something has me feeling weirdly positive. I'd prefer GON looks at that though and realises we're close but not quite there,probably never will be, and goes back to a Nuno type set up against these teams... we've got players like RAN, Neto and Cunha who can really hurt teams on the break.

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Remember start of the season, don't read too much into GON"s press interviews post defeats.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The finish was good but he should not have got in that position too shoot. All Kilman had to do was stand up and not rush in. It was avoidable imo.
Agreed but as I said previously... Max Killman was the first defender Mainoo went past.. Max had a hand on him and could and should have pulled Mainoo down outside the penalty area and took a yellow and as they say took one for the team and doing so would have got us a point out of the game.

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

Well, I could ask them to not keep passing the ball the opposition…or is that too much?
Man Utd players just looked more relaxed, cool and composed. It's devastating, to lose, after you think you have grabbed a point. Devastated. That Pedro Neto goal would have been the cherry on the cake. I think Man Utd went out there with a point to prove. Yeah they do have good players. Yet, we should have taken them to the sword in the first half, which we didn't. Second half, better, yet, it's one of those games, you just want to forget about and move on. I mean despite the good goals we scored.

D

Deleted member 13560twfw

I know it's just a game, yet, it does pull on your heart strings, especially when you think you have got a point. From Pedro Neto.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Utd were better than usual but still have major, major problems.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised that Gary picked Doherty and Bellegarde rather than Ran and Sarabia put your best players on right from the start
He is loyal to those who perform and they both had been at worst today. They were off it tonight and both Sarabia and RAN improved us . Make no mistake united deserved to win. No issues. But with RAN and Sarabia we looked a whole lot better .

That said Doc and Bellegarde have proved themselves this season and deserve their squad place . We paid minimal on them.

We have done pretty much zero business but sit mid table, on our best home scoring run in any division for 54 years and have a squad that appears to want to play for a young British up and coming manager. I will take that on 1st Feb

Back
Top Bottom