Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man City banned from Europe for 2 years.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EQwanUyWoAA-av2

Pretty huge news. I also assume that means 5th placed gets a Champions League spot? providing their appeal doesn't delay it by a season.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if this will finally see a club challenging FFP in court?

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HUGE news! If the CL spot goes down to 5th too and we don't get penalised for Man City's misdoings then what a massive bonus to aim for this season!!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell. Where did this come from!!!? I must get my head out of the clouds...

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is big. Imagine they’ll go balls out on appeal so nothing will happen til 21/22 at least.

Will properly screw up the European places though, with Citeh’s tendency to collect cups.
This will seriously damage them going forward. Reckon that’s bye bye Guardiola.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does it mean Villa qualify for Europe regardless of the result of the cup final result?

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Var have overruled all decisions and now given Man City the title.........

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the ban stands at least it saves Man City fans from having to boo the Champions League anthem for a couple of years. Hopefully it will be playing at Molineux instead.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No doubt the idiots in B6 think they’ve qualified
For the Europa by virtue of them reaching the Cup final if City can’t qualify for it by winning the thing.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would penalise innocent parties. Can't see that hsppening

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unbeliavable.
Never thought I´d live to see the day.
Let´s beat Leicester!

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the press/media will make as big a deal out of this as they did with the Saracens saga.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow! Gobsmacked that they’ve gone after a huge club. Fair play.

Quite. Thought it had been ignored for them and swept under the carpet, which was seemingly pretty bad since they finally had the balls to hit AC Milan after only previously doing the Turkish clubs.

Pleasantly surprised.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope. It doesn't mean that.
Beautiful. Especially if they think it does and they still lose.
Be interesting to see if some city players jump ship looking for European football.
Love it!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is huge news.

UEFA have to be pretty confident against any appeal to implement it in such a short space.

Even if City decide to batter FFP, this has to benefit us in the long term.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If City lose the appeal and then win the League Cup, UCL place is 5th, at least a UEL 2nd Qualifying Round berth goes to 7th and if a team who directly qualifies for Europa via there league positioning, also wins the FA Cup, 8th place will then get that 2nd QR spot, with 7th upgraded to the Group Stages.

Hope that all makes sense!

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"The club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position." - Man City statement

Can somebody fluent in management speak translate the above please, because It looks like horse ****.

Y

Yout85

Don’t get too excited. I bet the ban gets overturned on appeal or reduced to a suspended ban with a bigger fine.
Now, had it not been one of the so called big six, I bet the ban would be longer than two seasons.

For UEFA to state that Man City falsified their sponsorship income they must have evidence. Man City have very clearly breached regulations, not just by overspending... but by fraud. What possible grounds can they appeal on?

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get too excited. I bet the ban gets overturned on appeal or reduced to a suspended ban with a bigger fine.
Now, had it not been one of the so called big six, I bet the ban would be longer than two seasons.
That's the first thing I thought, you can imagine the legal team behind them and the power and influence of their owners, I'd be very (pleasantly) surprised if this decision stuck.

Back
Top Bottom